Sign in to follow this  
Floor

Breakdancing

Now before you decide to disagree without reading this topic, read this entire post! I'm sure you'll agree after you read all of this.

Players in Wurm are constantly complaining about the majority of gameplay to be just looking at timers, standing in front of a forge or digging all day. Whilst these activities are fun themselves, they aren't as immersive as other skills that will, at some point, definitely be implemented.

And the most significant of these new skills is Breakdancing.

This would add a whole new dimension to Wurm and players will flock to Wurm, guaranteed - imagine the world over! "Oh wow, Wurm has actually implemented breakdancing, that's totally mindblowing and lots of people are flooding to Wurm to play!". Nobody can actually say that implementing breakdancing wouldn't bring floods of players to Wurm - Wurm would be making headlines around the world, this fantasy game that has now took the unexpected and amazing decision to code some breakdancing to go side by side with the PvE, PvP, architecture, crafting and the like.

Different floor types will let you breakdance with differing levels of ease - marble would probably be the best out of the current tile types, allowing for the smoothest flow as you rip it up like ice cream down on the flo'.

Obviously after this is implemented, new floor types will be added to allow for more variation in decor, allowing the power of screenshots to lift souls across the world, bringing yet more people to Wurm.

You could, for example, right click on the floor, select Breakdance and then (and this is the fun part), your mouse becomes the scepter with which you bust your windmills and do whatever it is your skills allow you too. Spinning your mouse round would spin your character, moving it in certain ways would allow you to pull off more complex moves, based on Breakdancing skill + hand-eye co-ordination x tile type - wind and so on. There is a lot of room to really add some depth to this, I hope the devs read this - if they do, this is a definite addition within the next year or so. Bridges may have to be put on hold - imagine what would bring more players, more dynamic and more benefit all round for all of Wurm - bridges or breakdancing? The answer's clear, and it's not the former!

You may have read this post with the thought "but breakdancing in this fantasy setting?" - yes. It would reach new ground and people would flood, old players would return and Wurm would be instantly lifted out of its dark ages.

• Like 1

This is ridiculous. Stop taking up perfectly good suggestion space.

Go play that Archeage game if you wanna emote dance steps all day.

+1 please.

And you all are very boring people.

• Like 1

+1

It's silly that there are 3 people in this thread saying, basically, 'Oh it doesn't fit in with the run of the mill linear suggestions, so -1'.

It's that kind of mentality that keeps things growing at a mediocre pace.

Also, that's a really good idea. And it's true, it would actually bring a lot of new players to Wurm.

-1  Mark me down for the boring group that thinks break-dancing would break my immersion in a medieval game. 

-1 With all the bugs that need fixing and the other projects they have to finish, I don't want to see the dev team wasting time on the animations for breakdancing emotes.

Although an entertaining - albeit quite a silly - idea, I'd much much rather see the time spent on getting something like this implemented properly, spent on the various way more favourable implementations.

Maybe some day in the distant future when they ran out of more useful things to work on, it could be an idea to look into more animation-heavy emotes. I doubt this'll be any time within the next few decades I'm afraid, though. Not to mention the even more time it'd take to get all those different floors implemented properly.

And let's be honest, 1 simple "breakdance" skill is likely not going to bring in even 20 new players that are interested in this kind of game, let alone "lots of people are flooding to Wurm to play!".

Ad absurdum: You might as well add raptors flying on sharks, both using lasers shooting out of their eyes and claim it'll flood Wurm with new players. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if that would actually bring in many more players than a breakdancing skill :rolleyes:

-1 from me.

• Like 1

Since humans tend to breed with other humans of similar mental capacity; and that more often than not the likelihood and frequency of breeding is inversely proportional to intelligence; this thread was, statistically speaking, a guaranteed eventuality.

• Like 1

i would prefer twerking -1

no seriously twerking on a horse would be awesome

This isnt archeage ^^ if anyone has seen crikens 'tales of captain andy trout' on youtube. You will know what im on about :)

This isnt archeage ^^ if anyone has seen crikens 'tales of captain andy trout' on youtube. You will know what im on about :)

And I want a lambo to travel faster on Xanadu.

Edited by Sharkin

Now Archeage is the new place to send people off from Wurm?

Thought it was LiF.

ehm, checking calendar, today is not 1th april, so in that case OP is drunk or on drugs probably?

is this an arowhun suggestion, wtf?

Who? Does he breakdance too?

Now Archeage is the new place to send people off from Wurm?

Thought it was LiF.

Meh, both games are . simple.

Nothing beats wurms' forum warrior driven lore. :)

• Like 1

I'd rather see specific kingdom bound dances. So each kingdom has it's own.

• Like 1