Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 41

LssNW41L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Another great week at the office with sneaky stuff going on in the background.

I have been keeping myself very busy with producing a new show about you Wurmians.

It is keeping within the fiction of the game and is basically about your history, stories and life in Wurm Online.

Told from a documentary and storytelling perspective it is professionally voiced and edited.

I am pretty exited about it and hopefully I will be able to post it tomorrow!

Well enough about me there is more to talk about so lets,

Share some News!

The new Affliction

NewAffliction.jpg

The launch of Affliction went smooth and was well received.

I have seen the Black lighters hard at work these last days and I am happy to see new life sparking out of the scarred ashes of the old Affliction.

Affliction deserves it and Libila demands it!

I had a little talk with Rolf about the new map to ask what his thoughts were as he was playing with his godlike tools of world creation.

When Rolf was creating the map he was thinking strategically about things like having great plains, suitable for bigger settlements or cities.

Then breaking it up with jagged mountains and challenging terrain making it harder in places to traverse.

Many beaches and places that are inviting for settlers.

The rivers and delta like formations in the terrain was also something Rolf put extra effort into.

His thought was to make interesting traveling paths for seafarers.

Also giving the new Affliction a distinct look and iconic places to explore.

He also mentioned that he was careful to see to it that the island had a fair availability of clay tiles.

All Icons! Oh, all these Icons..

New_icons.png

This I feel will probably be Art Director Wox early demise.

After finishing all the icons for the new and soon to come Select Bar he felt there was no longer any excuses putting of this task.

The task of reworking each single icon and add the missing ones, in the entire game.

A well needed update to be sure, but let me tell you.

The task list for this is a total of around 800 icons!

I can literally see one gray hair being formed for each icon finished.

Luckily for Wox, our talented art intern Stefan is also going at the task with his young vigor.

One added bonus, but added time to the task is the fact that whilst doing the icons Wox opens all the 3d models related to the icons he is creating.

And being the kind of guy he is, he cant help but performing some optimization and quick graphic updates to them.

I have already seen him reworking the rose bush and bulking up the table models.

I think it is safe to say that we will be depending on Stefan's energy to speed up this endeavor.

Because optimizing and reworking 800 3d models.. I think that would take some time.

Sheep and Wool Crafting

Many have been happy with the arrival of the sheep.

But collecting them, breeding and harvesting will take you only so far. Where is the new crafting?

Not to fear. We have some progress in the area and I will share this with you as it is.

So first of there is the nearly finished:

Spinning Wheel.

SpinningWheel.jpg

Cinderella approvedâ„¢

To put it simply: Fluffy wool goes in and voila! Yarn comes out.

Next item on the list is the first planned craftable item which is a wool cap.

I have heard whispers that using paint in combination with the crafting process might yield some colorful results.

No work in progress picture available at this time.

Last on the list is the fact that I can reveal there will also be a:

Lamb.

Lamb.jpg

Also, a black sheep! They will bully the other sheep.

Nah, just kidding. They will however add to the variation of your heard!

Community and Work Competition

Ok, I have finally found some worthy winners of the competition.

Thank you everyone that has been participating even though this time around there was a bit less contributions.

I picked based on who most closely followed the specifications and instructions for this contest.

The winners will be contacted later to discuss delivery of the promised prize.

But now, check out the winning contributions!

Zekezor - New Ground

NewGroundS.jpg

silakka - Digging In

Digging%20InS.jpg

(Still need to submit participants to be viable for prize)

Xsamuraizx - Homstead

HomesteadS.jpg

Alright Wurmians, I am afraid that is all I have time for this week.

Make sure to look out for the new video I will be posting!

I will be requesting some feedback on it as well to make it as interesting as possible for you.

Also tips on what you think the next episode should center around.

But for now

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 23

Well can we please get a way to transport these new animals by a special crate or something? We have so many islands and canals in wurm so we need ways to get the non-swimming ones to our deeds.... 

otherwise nice updates. 

edit: It just seems like these new sheep are going to be such a large part of the game with wool so they should really be accessible by everyone and allowed to swim at least. That said we could still use the crates for everything else and it keeps them out of the water when they wander around on their own.  

Might i also add that it is one of the highest voted thing on wurms uservoice.

http://wurmonline.uservoice.com/forums/12046-wurmonline

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 8

Sweet.

By the way MR > JK!

And yeah, Affliction is really nice now it seems.

Edited by Ocean

I have heard whispers that using paint in combination with the crafting process might yield some colorful results.

Please, please, please, please :D have waited since 1.0 for this!!

• Like 3

Digging In

PMed Kamal ingame, He found out it was 08.08.2014 kyklop slaying and these should the names :)

Almeriaan
Ambersummers
Andderson
Armagheddon
Belfesar
Catullus
Fourneofclubs
Illmur
Jonydowy
Kamal
Kuntur
Lolly
Merp
Nayton
Nomadikhan
Set
Silakka
Silvirwolfe
Tclunatic
Uisge
Vaske
Zaaephod

• Like 1

love the new crafting wheel..and i'll have to have a black sheep...being one attimes.  what's really exciting is the wool will be able to be dyed..great for all those that have that skill..brings new life to that segment.  and amazing beautiful new server of affliction..really really tempting to go play on

Zekezor the traitor he took the screenshot the minute I walked away.

• Like 2

We could use some more sheep on the east coast of Deli. :D

I'm also looking forward to the spinning wheel. (Sleeping Beauty should mind the spindle!)  Will Rumpelstiltskin be able to spin straw into gold with it? 

And the icons and suggestion of being able to add color to cloth are both very exciting!

Edited by LadyCygnet

What a fantastic update, I hope that is suggesting that we can colour entire clothes sets in the near future, it's been some time (as silakka partially said earlier in this topic).

That Affliction map looks excellent! The way that the water from the ocean goes way into the center of it with the huge bay and scattered islands. Also with just a few connections through the long lakes on the west side travel completely through it could be easily enabled with some work.

This is probably the best server map that Rolf has created yet. Refinement from experience it seems. Darn pvp always gets the favored treatment! (sort of joking here) Old habits die hard. To have created Xanadu with a similar map to this would have been best but what's done is done. Enjoy your new Affliction map. Looks like it will be a great one to live upon.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Black sheep? Get the flock outa here, you're not pulling the wool over my eyes on that one. 

Will there be brown sheeps? For the variation of wool colour I mean.

Next item on the list is the first planned craftable item which is a wool cap.

sweet sweet sweeeeeeeeet

I suggest as well as dyes, adding FEATHERS too, gives us good reason to go on a PHEASANT HUNT

EdwardVI_child_holbein_detail.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

Brash in one of those hats - gawd dang I'm getting hot already!

So it looks like they are trying to sweep bridges under the rug. No updates since the art was done.