Sign in to follow this  
Jukimo

Lib priests imbalanced when going to freedom

so they cant do anything... thats balanced....

Because the other religions' priests can pop to a different server and grind some crafts for body str/ctrl, bit of carpentry for mind logic, then pop back to theirs, right?

Last I saw, Mags mine between spellcasts, Fo priests sing kumbaya hugging trees, Vyns ... what the hell did they do... cut trees was it?  Libs won't be casting on Freedom, but they can still ... do whatever it is they do between casts.

Because the other religions' priests can pop to a different server and grind some crafts for body str/ctrl, bit of carpentry for mind logic, then pop back to theirs, right?

Last I saw, Mags mine between spellcasts, Fo priests sing kumbaya hugging trees, Vyns ... what the hell did they do... cut trees was it? Libs won't be casting on Freedom, but they can still ... do whatever it is they do between casts.

Lib can go freedom, go there and stay lib priests. Can cast but no altars and no saccing. Can still wc and mine, sounds good Edited by Argustin

so yes its fair that everyone else except Libila must depriest and grind skills right? Devs made that probably because of QQ of few BLers that "It's too unfair, we are so weak and cant do that and this, give us unique functions and OP options to be better"

yeah right, thanks for not reading. I just tried to point out how hilarious it is that "not being able to be priests but still have priest restrictions" is counted as soooo much more fair and now even accusing every Bl priest of that we wanted this "unfairness" uhhh...yeah great, because we totally wanted THIS ###### to happen on the forums, sounds very wise....

and btw. do you think it was fair for lib priests, that they couldn't travel to pve servers before? do you think it made us OP or stronger that we wanted something that EVERYONE else could do? No! Of course not! The basic idea of just wanting to be treated like everyone else was NOT causing this issue we have now, we were not asking for depriesting on PVE servers, the devs decided that because they didn't want our religion on pve servers......

do i think their fix was good? No, It seems like a temporary fix for me and is not supposed to stay that way....

I shouldn't even write in this topic anymore...it makes me simply angry to see how people interpret wildly whatever they want into things being said, specially when it comes from a BL person....how many topics recently were btw. about nerfing BL priests? I mean seriously? 

Again with the contradicting statements... here we go, I'll do a walkthrough of them.

1; Our restrictions you say we are "supposed to have"

Yes, the ones where you're not even supposed to be able to travel to freedom or leave Chaos in the first place. The only reason you're able to now is because it started causing issues after HOTS was reintroduced, and so they removed your religion on those servers. (which is now the issue)

2; do not apply to being on freedom

What? Lol, yes they do, they're ABOUT being on freedom in the first place. I don't have a problem with you going to freedom, that's not what this is about. I have a problem with them being able to grind Carpentry or other skills on a priest account on freedom, coming over to Chaos, and doing casts. That should never, ever be able to happen, as upon priesting, you give up the ability to craft on that account. Period.

As for the rest of what you said, after the first part I'm not even sure how it fits in. Of course you can't cast over there. But you CAN grind skills you shouldn't be able to. And then come right back to Chaos and cast spells. Should not happen, ever.

Ok, i agree:

Libila-priest can not enter freedom AND Fo, Vyn and Mag-Priest can not enter Chaos. Thanks a lot ;)

• Like 1

do you think it was fair for lib priests, that they couldn't travel to pve servers before?

Yep, sounds pretty fair to me. What I think you are forgetting, is that when you chose to go BL these restrictions were still implied and in place, and you still made the choice you did. You made the choice to go BL, knowing their restrictions, abilities, disadvantages, etc, and yet all I've seen from any of the BL folk are lobbies to make changes to game mechanics in their favor, be it wanting new spells, new abilities, or nerfing enemies spells and/or abilities.

• Like 2

Yep, sounds pretty fair to me. What I think you are forgetting, is that when you chose to go BL these restrictions were still implied and in place, and you still made the choice you did. You made the choice to go BL, knowing their restrictions, abilities, disadvantages, etc, and yet all I've seen from any of the BL folk are lobbies to make changes to game mechanics in their favor, be it wanting new spells, new abilities, or nerfing enemies spells and/or abilities.

Best idea since years!!!

Only Bl-Priest on Chaos, and other Priests only on freedom. Chaos goes Libila ;)

• Like 1

Best idea since years!!!

Only Bl-Priest on Chaos, and other Priests only on freedom. Chaos goes Libila ;)

So true! Those who chose to be white light should stay on white light lands of freedom -.- demanding it be removed without a fair fix is just, lol.

• Like 2

I was making my choice AFTER that time, I never had those restrictions about having to stay on chaos as lib priest. Oh btw. point me to ONE thread that is from someone from BL people specifically asking for a change in THEIR favor? all i can see is forum topics about trying to nerf bl in any imaginable way possible. 

The heck, are you trolling? Is it really necessary?

I was making my choice AFTER that time, I never had those restrictions about having to stay on chaos as lib priest. Oh btw. point me to ONE thread that is from someone from BL people specifically asking for a change in THEIR favor? all i can see is forum topics about trying to nerf bl in any imaginable way possible. 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/112157-restrict-joining-deeds-under-siege/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/112156-restrict-shaker-orb-use-with-enemies-in-local/

Directly from one battle

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/111677-give-combat-bonus-to-hots-template-pmks-during-night/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/111411-new-and-improved-tower-capping-formula/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/111240-lib-priest-balance-truehit-v-nimbleness/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/108704-libila-priest-unbalanced/

There was a few more, about the no locate and strongwall.

Now  those links are not all of them and everyone knows there are suggestions for certain kingdoms, but this is a problem with BL in general. If you want to go to freedom, fine! I don´t think BL followers should be confined on chaos, but as i suggested before, you should stay as a BL priest and ability to cast (all the stuff that has nothing to do with mycellium and transforming freedom). But ban Lib altars. You can still dig, farm and do all the other stuff that Fo, Vyn and Mag can do. With one restriction, you cannot pray there or make altars. Why not?

Edit: Grammar mistakes :/

Edited by Argustin
  • Like 3

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/112157-restrict-joining-deeds-under-siege/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/112156-restrict-shaker-orb-use-with-enemies-in-local/

Directly from one battle

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/111677-give-combat-bonus-to-hots-template-pmks-during-night/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/111411-new-and-improved-tower-capping-formula/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/111240-lib-priest-balance-truehit-v-nimbleness/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/108704-libila-priest-unbalanced/

There was a few more, about the no locate and strongwall.

Now they those links are not all of them and everyone knows there are suggestions for certain kingdoms, but this is a problem with BL in general. If you want to go to freedom, fine! I don´t thing BL followers should be confined on chaos, but as i suggested before, you should stay as a BL priest and ability to cast (all the stuff that has nothing to do with mycellium and transforming freedom). But ban Lib altars. You can still dig, farm and do all the other stuff that Fo, Vyn and Mag can do. With one restriction, you cannot pray there or make altars. Why not?

you can not farm and you can not dig as lib priest. but you can mine and cut trees

those threads don't sound much like whining to me though...and some of them are not in favor of bl, but general suggestions regarding pvp

else than that I do agree with you, that allowing lib priests on freedom with certain restrictions to not bypass pve restrictions IS a good idea. I don't agree with the no praying though, since it would put us in a disadvantage instead of balancing the issue and praying is not really a pvp activity.

current suggestions i can see so far that were being made here:

-remove lib priests ability to go to pve servers in general

-keep priest restrictions for lib priests on PVE servers WITHOUT being able to be priest

-keep priest restrictions for lib priests on PVE servers WITH being able to be priest, but with restrictions like no mycelium spreading or lib altars 

-keep priest restrictions for lib priests on PVE servers WITH being able to be priest, but with restrictions like no mycelium spreading or lib altars and no praying = no faith gain

-allow other priests to be able to craft on one server side aswell, without needing to unpriest

-temporary unpriest option/spell for everyone and adding priest restrictions to lib priests on pve

-using mag altars as replacement for lib altars on pve servers instead, allowing lib priests to cast on freedom

did i forget something?

p.s.: looking at those threads, it's a shame and I'm not surprised that some of those topics are leaving a bad aftertaste, in general, this whole forum pvp does...it's like people stop thinking suddenly.

yeah I'm not perfect either and I'm a noob when it comes to actual PVP since i just started a few months ago...is this really how PVP people are interacting with each other all the time?full of judgement and accusations and so on? after all those years i heard all the time complaining from chaos server, that there are not enough people on chaos? how do they want to gain people with those "wars" going on? and this "taking sides" thing? I thought we all want better pvp experience, so it would be in interest of everyone to find a solution together for pvp related problems, since there aren't many who actually can say anything about it...

Edited by Miretta

you can not farm and you can not dig as lib priest. but you can mine and cut trees

those threads don't sound much like whining to me though...and some of them are not in favor of bl, but general suggestions regarding pvp

else than that I do agree with you, that allowing lib priests on freedom with certain restrictions to not bypass pve restrictions IS a good idea. I don't agree with the no praying though, since it would put us in a disadvantage instead of balancing the issue and praying is not really a pvp activity.

current suggestions i can see so far that were being made here:

-remove lib priests ability to go to pve servers in general

-keep priest restrictions for lib priests on PVE servers WITHOUT being able to be priest

-keep priest restrictions for lib priests on PVE servers WITH being able to be priest, but with restrictions like no mycelium spreading or lib altars 

-keep priest restrictions for lib priests on PVE servers WITH being able to be priest, but with restrictions like no mycelium spreading or lib altars and no praying = no faith gain

-allow other priests to be able to craft on one server side aswell, without needing to unpriest

-temporary unpriest option/spell for everyone and adding priest restrictions to lib priests on pve

did i forget something?

p.s.: looking at those threads, it's a shame and I'm not surprised that some of those topics are leaving a bad aftertaste, in general, this whole forum pvp does...it's like people stop thinking suddenly.

yeah I'm not perfect either and I'm a noob when it comes to actual PVP since i just started a few months ago...is this really how PVP people are interacting with each other all the time?full of judgement and accusations and so on? after all those years i heard all the time complaining from chaos server, that there are not enough people on chaos? how do they want to gain people with those "wars" going on? and this "taking sides" thing? I thought we all want better pvp experience, so it would be in interest of everyone to find a solution together for pvp related problems, since there aren't many who actually can say anything about it...

Can´t speak on behalf of the others, but i have never suggested BL priests to be confined on Chaos. You can go to freedom and still be priests - aka balance as WL. But mycellium - pretty sure most freedomers don´t want it. And as it spreads so badly that would overtake freedom pretty fast. Now if there are no altars that would be also solved. Atm it is really bad as i can get my faith up on a really bad acc, go to freedom build my account thru imping and come back and use those body stats.. that is inbalance. If that is possible for BL kingdoms, why should it not be for WL? And most including myself and you are part of the forum pvp. I am thinking the same as you, but things that are good for you are bad for me and vice versa.

And those topics are about PVP and those threads are about getting an advantage for BL kingdoms. (for example Nimb and TH. - Give us better spells). The first ones are directly and after a battle where BL lost and now want to change mechanics they lost to..

I am not perfect either but as you are defending your views and ideas, i am doing the same. I find it really absurd that the same char can be a really good wep smith on one server and pvp battle priest on another. If you don´t get why is that so OP then sorry. Let your leaders talk to you about body stats and how to grind skills thru imping (Something that is impossible for priests, well exepct for LIB priets)

LOL. You might want to educate yourself on the activities of your own kingdom then before you go running off about how you're all goodie-two-shoes.

I will humor you though and do just that, actually. Here's THREE that I can think of right off the top of my head. There have been many many more over the past few weeks but they've been moved or deleted.

1; http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/112156-restrict-shaker-orb-use-with-enemies-in-local/

2; http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/111677-give-combat-bonus-to-hots-template-pmks-during-night/

3; http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/108186-balance-res-stones-and-the-free-res-stone-effect/?view=findpost&p=1100363&hl=%2Bgive+%2Blibila+%2Blocate+%2Bsoul

Every single thread Argustin and myself listed, benefits BL as a whole in some way, be it by making them or their religion stronger, making it easier for them to take land, or by making their only enemy weaker. Cause, if you don't know how to PVP, apparently the next best thing to do is try to nerf the enemy till you can kill them with piss-poor tactic and lack of skill.

Edited by whereami

Save myself a re-type since the argument remains basically the same 10 pages later... 

Keep Libila priests "priested" when they cross to Freedom, if they try to cast, "Your deity has no influence over these lands" 

Ta-daa!

• Like 1

They can pray at mag altars too. Done

As a placeholder for the future where lib altars can be placed without spreading myc

Edited by demondan

I had Lib altar on Independence for years, it gave out influence but thats it. No mycellium ever spawned. I bet theres still some out there.

Can´t speak on behalf of the others, but i have never suggested BL priests to be confined on Chaos. You can go to freedom and still be priests - aka balance as WL. But mycellium - pretty sure most freedomers don´t want it. And as it spreads so badly that would overtake freedom pretty fast. Now if there are no altars that would be also solved. Atm it is really bad as i can get my faith up on a really bad acc, go to freedom build my account thru imping and come back and use those body stats.. that is inbalance. If that is possible for BL kingdoms, why should it not be for WL? And most including myself and you are part of the forum pvp. I am thinking the same as you, but things that are good for you are bad for me and vice versa.

And those topics are about PVP and those threads are about getting an advantage for BL kingdoms. (for example Nimb and TH. - Give us better spells). The first ones are directly and after a battle where BL lost and now want to change mechanics they lost to..

I am not perfect either but as you are defending your views and ideas, i am doing the same. I find it really absurd that the same char can be a really good wep smith on one server and pvp battle priest on another. If you don´t get why is that so OP then sorry. Let your leaders talk to you about body stats and how to grind skills thru imping (Something that is impossible for priests, well exepct for LIB priets)

I was making suggestions a few pages ago, that would maybe fix the situation without creating a new imbalance aswell, I may be BL, but I'm also a wurm player and mainly I'm coming from PVE side of things.

I don't want any disadvantages between kingdoms, created by game mechanics. I would like to PVP and have fun by knowing that I deserve a kill and not "cheat" it by trying to convince the devs to give an advantage for me...and I think that everyone is wanting that.

when i suggested to give WL the same as BL have to craft on one side, it was bashed down, saying that "priests are not supposed to be unrestricted"

when I suggested to make lib fully restricted on pve servers but give ALL priests the ability to unpriest with a cooldown for 2 weeks without toggle and high favor cost, people used the same argument

when others suggested to allow lib on freedom servers with restrictions, people are going mad about lib shouldn't be allowed on pve servers and that they should stay on chaos since they are battlepriests...

no matter what was being suggested...no matter if it's thought through logical suggestion that would maybe "fix" the current issue, all of them are somehow bashed, either with phallacies that it just shouldn't be or that they JUST want the current issue fixed without compensation, completely ignoring that THIS issue is a fix to another issue. 

I'm trying to think both ways...because my "main" interest is actually PVE servers....I'm just for fun on PVP....and so, yeah I would prefer it staying the way it is, since I simply don't play actively enough to gain significant amount of body stats on PVE or be such a good priest on chaos....

in case someone would decide to put restrictions on my character, it's possible that I will either stop playing a priest or stop using it as "main" character on indie and seriously...I wouldn't even complain about it, because YES i can see how it's currently overpowered, it's a bad quick fix from devs...but it would be nice if people would stop stubbornly go with forks and torches towards any BL screaming "don't let them get away with this! they are too strong!"

I mean, the current issues are:

-body stat gain through more effective ways of lifted priest restrictions

-being NON priest on PVE even though everyone says it should be absolute decision to become a priest

is that correct? (please, maybe for a moment try to consider the possibility that I AM interested in a solution that is not in favor of BL and that im not asking those things rhetorically or ironically)

Hmm... something ALL priests could use... and give papyrus a use while at it.... ON PVE 

Blessed Prayer Books ... works for praying like an altar, if you need to sacrifice on the spot, dunno... bless a campfire with book, gives uuh... 50-75% of the faith saccing at an altar would give.

Chaos and Epic, not my problem if you want it or not, you got your own exclusive forums to tear each others' throats out =P

• Like 1

I agree with that mag altar idea. I just don't like that Libila priests can keep high faith and craft when i and some others had to depriest from high faiths to grind skills and it takes a while to get the faith back.

Off topic: Libila has already so many good spells that doesnt need any more boost.

Mycelium doesn't spawn on freedom. It didn't back in the day after all lib priest came to freedom and then were sent back.

All this Pvp you have this I want that business is getting a little nitpicky. I do agree though, gaining those stats on freedom is way overpowered.

Priests can't be crafter. I hope this never changes. It's bad enough with the archery change.

What is so bad with mycelium on freedom?

Didn´t it needs lib influence for spreading? or it spreads outside of lib altars too?

I mean, in the worst case you can counterfeit the lib influence with your own wl god influence and stop the spreading right?

I´m asking because my only source of information is the wiki.

its really hard to get rid off mycelium. We have had mycelium spreading in House of Mol Rehan for years after Hots were not there already

So wen wiki says it turns onto dirt wen you dig is not true?

Asking because I´m always trying to restore the desert around my deed, and honestly its a pretty easy task, sure you have to clearcutt the area first, but after that is just a matter of dig and drop in one corner to turn 4 tiles at the same time.

i had my deed on Chaos for over 2 years. i destroyed all Libila altars underground and on the ground, packed about 200 tiles of mycelium around my deed. It turned to grass then back to mycelium. Pack again, grass, mycelium, pack, grass mycelim again again again. Then moved to HoM and it was there too. Only the one way you get rid of mycelium is pave the tiles. I'm not saying that all mycelium cannot be destroyed but minimaly half of it seem to never leave. It keeps spreading back even while the influence isnt already there for years