Sign in to follow this  
Zkovacs

Clarifications needed - Mag priest Freedom/Chaos

I have a Magranon priest, with 90+faith, 50+channeling and 100 alignment.

What will happen in the following cases:

1. If i sail to chaos and join a PMK, will i be still a Magranon priest with the same skills?

2. What happen if i sail to chaos, join a PMK and change my religion? I guess my alignment and faith goes to zero, but the    channeling skill stay as it was?

What happen if i go back to freedom, will i get back my freedomer religion, faith and alignement?

3. What will happen if i join another religion and priest up on chaos and later i come back to Freedom?

Please, i need answers and not just guesses, thank you :)

If you join a blacklight kingdom, your faith will be reset as this makes you a Libila follower. If you join a white light kingdom and stay Mag, your faith will stay the same. Keep in mind that its not separate from Freedom, so changing religions will permanently lose your faith, but channeling stays the same.

1. Yes

2. Channeling doesn't change with that as far as I know.

I don't think you'll get your faith skills back unless you converted to BL.

3. If the new one is WL, then you'll be of this religion on Freedom as well.

If it's Libila, you should keep your old religion on Freedom.

Fairly sure that those answers are right but might want to wait for someone to confirm.

1: yes unless you convert blacklight

2. yes your channeling will stay the same.

your religion carries between servers , so you can't have seperate religions on each server.

3.you would keep the same religion, however if you are a blacklighter you can not be a BL priest on freedom so you act as a follower with priest penalties

1. Yes

2. Channeling doesn't change with that as far as I know.

I don't think you'll get your faith skills back unless you converted to BL.

3. If the new one is WL, then you'll be of this religion on Freedom as well.

If it's Libila, you should keep your old religion on Freedom.

Fairly sure that those answers are right but might want to wait for someone to confirm.

Incorrect about number 3, if you become a follower of lib you stay a follower of lib on freedom, however if your a  priest then you still become a follower on freedom but you also have your normal lib priest penalties.

Incorrect about number 3, if you become a follower of lib you stay a follower of lib on freedom, however if your a  priest then you still become a follower on freedom but you also have your normal lib priest penalties.

You can't be a follower/priest of libila on freedom. If you join a BL PMK/HOTS on Chaos, you will get your deity you had before back. 

• Like 2

basically if you dont join any kind of blacklight kingdom, nothing is changed. If you join blacklight kingdom, you can either:

1. use /transfer to hots libila priest and lost mag priest, being mag follower on freedom.

2. asks gm (and BL chief) to be that pmk libila priest (as long you got prove that you have /transfer) and be mag follower on freedom. Please clarify with gms first if they still doing this, I don't know the situation.

3. be libila follower on chaos but mag priest in freedom.

All the threes above might not perfectly smooth and you could end say.. become lib follower on freedom. I would recommend to take screenshot of your faith before crossing.

You can't be a follower/priest of libila on freedom. If you join a BL PMK/HOTS on Chaos, you will get your deity you had before back. 

But i cant play two different priest (Mag/Lib) right?

All the threes above might not perfectly smooth and you could end say.. become lib follower on freedom. I would recommend to take screenshot of your faith before crossing.

Thank you, so a response from a GM or Dev would be great about this.

wrong. Lib priests on chaos when they go to freedom they act as a follower, but still have priest penalties, IE they can't improve or continue things.

wrong. Lib priests on chaos when they go to freedom they act as a follower, but still have priest penalties, IE they can't improve or continue things.

This is considered a bug. Me and my alt have through a lot.. many times being libila follower on freedom, one time being libila follower with 80 faith, another time I be full libila priest on freedom, and the current standing is that you are not allowed to be libila priest or follower on freedom.

Current policy: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/105372-policy-on-chaos-freedom-pve-dual-faiths/

the point is if you are a lib priest on chaos, and you go to freedom. You should not be able to craft like a non priest could.

If this is not the case that is broken and needs fixing. It would be essentially a toggle for priest or crafter, which should definitely  not be in the game.

If anyone actually has this ability then please state so, that way I could file a bug report.

the point is if you are a lib priest on chaos, and you go to freedom. You should not be able to craft like a non priest could.

If this is not the case that is broken and needs fixing. It would be essentially a toggle for priest or crafter, which should definitely  not be in the game.

I don't think any GM rulings currently says that, maybe a gm can clarify if it is against rule? Before this you can be different priest on different servers. Of course, before that Libila priests may not even travel.

My current libila priest is on chaos and if I recall I did improve a rug when I have her on freedom.

Currently, when I go to freedom as a follower as lib, I get converted back to Vynora when crossing over. I get a special bug, where(after a restart) I have no diety at all. I have to do a bug submission and have an arch give me my faith and diety back, with 0 alignment.

Edit: I heard it is similar when you are a priest.

Edited by Nicrolis

btw. jukimo, it would make every lib priest completely useless when going to freedom servers, since what you say would mean that when we go to PVE servers, that we get ALL priest penalties, but can't act as a priest, since one can't be priest of libila while on pve servers....

• Like 1

heh, I'm making suggestion to ask clarification. Your topic sounds more of suggestion. >_> well debating there then.

btw. jukimo, it would make every lib priest completely useless when going to freedom servers, since what you say would mean that when we go to PVE servers, that we get ALL priest penalties, but can't act as a priest, since one can't be priest of libila while on pve servers....

its your choice to be a priest. But you shouldn't be able to be a priest AND craft, unless you are a champion

So, im asking this because the priest has about one year consecutive prem, i put a lot of effort into that toon (mining not-too-far from 90, and has some more 70ish and 50ish skills).

Now, after the recent changes i feel, that priests of Magranon are even more useless than they were on freedom.

Enchanting:
- flaming aura: has about the same effect as vynora's frostband
- aosp: no one really use that on freedom
- demise spells: animal demise...

Hunting:
- fire heart, fire pillar.. i tried those many times, even weak goblins got minimal damage from those spells, so useless + with the new armor rules, even more useless, i wont go fighting naked just to cast spells which does negligible damage.
- smite: 90 favor, long timer, success is really rare

Dominating: fun, fun, i loved that, now i fail too much wearing chain armor or a lava fiend will rip me to pieces when im in light armor, waiting for the timer

Destroying spells:
- sunder: simply useless
- wrath of magranon: doesn't work ... i cant destroy any structure, even if i have right to destroy things on a deed

Divination spells:
- lurker in the woods: Fo's can do the same, so not unique

So what's left, oh... strongwall.

I simply try to find some usefull thing to do for the priest, beside the mining and casting some strongwalls.  I like being a freedomer, and i would like to see that the Mag priests are usefull here too.

• Like 4