Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Chain Fence Gate

I would like a chain fence gate added to the game.  We have these nice chain fences now but if we use them as edging around say a garden area with trees and shrubs we block off all access to that area or are forced to put in a huge gate in comparison to the small chain fence that the other tiles have. The only other option is to bash down a fence every time you want to make changes or repair any statues/decoration in the garden area.  

To make it visible as the gate just put a lock on the center link or something :)

• Like 13

+1

But while we are it figure out a way for a rope fence to have a gate also(that a vehicle can be driven through).

• Like 6

Chain gate is a weird concept, but yeah some sort of metal gate that visually blends with chain fences would be welcome (although i do use my chain fence only as safety measures on cliffs).

+1, maybe you could let the graphics going with it be something like person going to gate (marked by a large padlock on the sidepoles of where the gate is), then bending over, unhooking the rope/chain, going through, then hooking it up again.  I wouldn't even mind if this wasn't just graphics but actually required as action (get off cart go open gate, meaning you then see rope or chain on ground, then ride through, go back to chain/rope it up again).  (Though just graphics would be preferable 'cause you can bet your monthly wage on it that every other passer would open the gate and then wouldn't shut it behind them... ;) )

+1

But while we are it figure out a way for a rope fence to have a gate also(that a vehicle can be driven through).

Yes rope fences also need a compatible gate, and please passable by cart

I would like a chain fence gate added to the game.  We have these nice chain fences now but if we use them as edging around say a garden area with trees and shrubs we block off all access to that area or are forced to put in a huge gate in comparison to the small chain fence that the other tiles have. The only other option is to bash down a fence every time you want to make changes or repair any statues/decoration in the garden area.  

To make it visible as the gate just put a lock on the center link or something :)

I will bet they had that in mind all along. :P

Bump and a HUGE please to the current devs.

We've been missing this ever since the wonderful chain link fence was added.

lBSQY8J.jpg

+1 None of the current gates really work with chain fences on an esthetic level. The lock mid chains would be a perfect solution. Also seems like it would be an easy graphic to implement.

• Like 2

Worth necroing.  

Although, maybe padlock at one end instead of the middle (practically speaking, that is much less of a pain to work with IRL.  Visibility isn't really a big issue.  A subtle difference in appearance would be fine.

Also, semi-related - something for gates in rope fences, too, please. (Simple to construct IRL - a short post at one end of the section and the long post in the ground at that end has a loop at the top and bottom - step the bottom of the post into the bottom loop and then put the top loop over the top - it's a common method with wire fencing).

fence-post-1110009_960_720.jpg

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Katrat said:

+1 None of the current gates really work with chain fences on an esthetic level. The lock mid chains would be a perfect solution. Also seems like it would be an easy graphic to implement.

Agreed!!

How might the opening animation look for the chain one? It's straightforward for the other gate types that can just swing open, but I can't picture how the chain one would work. Anyone have ideas?

Edited by Vorticella