Sign in to follow this  
Campgwyr

Digging Marsh down to rock not working

So I'm trying to dig down to the rock in a marshy area along the seaside.  I began digging down to the rock on this one marsh tile.  It says in every corner where I clicked dig "[22:20:28] You can not dig in the solid rock."  I'm pretty sure that when each corner is rock, that the tile clears away and exposes the rock.  However, it is still a marsh tile directly on the rock.  I left this alone for a real life day or two, with no visible changes.  To the bottom corner is of this tile is a clay tile, all three tiles above it are rock and the one next to it is marsh  and the one above the clay tile is rock.  I don't know what else should be done. If you want to repeat this take a marshy area above the water level that is a slope of forty four on the left and forty three on the right.   dig down to the rock and see what happens.  I know that in the same general area i have exposed rock form under dirt and grass tiles without problems, it appears that marsh tiles are having the issue.  im doing this on xanadu, if that helps.

Edited by Campgwyr

This is not a bug. Marsh can only be removed by paving floor boards on them and then destroying the floor boards. I am not sure if any of the other pavement types will work, but I'm pretty sure cobblestone doesn't. While I have only removed a few marsh tiles this way myself, I have heard people mentioning that they have removed entire marsh areas with floor boards.

Believe it or not, floorboards need 20 planks or something like that to make. May not be worth it...

Edited by McGarnicle

i was told that digging down to the rock would also remove it, but i will try it on the tile and see if this works.

so i tried using the floorboard paving method to remove the marsh and here is what happened; for a few  seconds after the boards were gone the tile appeared to be dirt, then it disappeared and changed to rock.  So it would appear that digging down the rock for whatever reason does not remove marsh, but the old method of removing marsh still applies.  

Digging marsh down to rock might have been removed when digging clay to rock was removed.

digging marsh down to rock does not change it, you can have a Fo priest cast 'dirt' on the areas though - for that to work all edges of the marsh tiles need to be down to rock.

digging marsh down to rock does not change it, you can have a Fo priest cast 'dirt' on the areas though - for that to work all edges of the marsh tiles need to be down to rock.

What would that accomplish? Fo priest can turn marsh tiles with 4 corners rock into dirt tiles?

Aye so Ive heard anyways. Havent had a need to try it myself.

What would that accomplish? Fo priest can turn marsh tiles with 4 corners rock into dirt tiles?

Yes, just tried again and it still works.