Sign in to follow this  
Wulfrik

Honey, bees and mead !

Hello fellow wurmians ! I wanted to ask your opinion about this idea Ive had with some friends. As we all know, nature in wurm its perfectly developed and everything works pretty much like reality or at least it haves good adaptations most of the times :) so we noticed there are no products of insect origin, so the first thing that came to mind was bees, we can have honey as the main harvestable item and with it make different kinds of meals or even drinks, such as mead, which could also be made with fruits, like "honey+water = mead" and a variety could be "honey+water+berries = blue berry mead" of course we cant go around harvesting honey directly from hives, so I thought it would be nice to make this kind of things http://img.over-blog-kiwi.com/0/53/46/33/201311/ob_2791da23ecd9454336acc79c6384b6a9_dsc08244.JPG  http://www.babilon.be/uploads/images/Gallery/Apiculture/somme-leuze.jpg to store hives inside and harvest honey every 2 months for example ( wurmian months ) let me know what you think and please share any idea that could improve this one ! thanks and keep on wurming !

• Like 10

activite-675-4.jpgI meant those kind of things ( links on the post are broken :/ sorry ! ) of course the boxes dont have to be made of metal, they can be 100% wooden :)

Edited by Wulfrik

+1! I love this idea! I think it'd be a fun little addition to the game ^^ It'd be nice if honey could be used in other foods as well, like maybe honey and lemon tea or something!

bee_farm_pic001_resized.jpghere we can see a really nice example of the boxes im talking about :D

about.jpgwe can even add this little thing as a tool to taste if its ready, instead of a simple examination action, or even as a harvest tool for the honey :)

Can we farm the bees and then extract their poison and embue it into a weapon?

Can we farm the bees and then extract their poison and embue it into a weapon?

i think scorpions fit more on that "harvesting"

I read post about this with much better level of details, and idea very well worked out and presented a couple of weeks ago, so it's not new idea at all... But I totaly agree, wurm needs, honey, bees and hives :)

Yay there it was. That good thread because other were lacking search ability!

you are saying this as if another post would hurt... im sorry if it bothers you

Could also add in a bee keeping suit.  Without it you take massive damage when near an bee apiary.  These wounds cannot be healed with cotton.  A Salve must be used.

Need to bring the bee idea into this game. Two reasons I would like to see the both involve honey and pollination. First, as noted above, honey could be used in recipes and a sweetner for drink as well and juices. Second and the most important aspects are these: Honey for mead, since we have wine creation in the game and second pollination of fruit trees,vines and bushes(and even farm crops) that would be affected in one or two ways. You can have production increased when harvesting, say in a 20tile area or even WITHIN deed perimeter(making it most viable to have a deed and thus bees) and/or ql of the harvest increased. You can also break this down where farmed crops have one bonus and other tree, vines and bushes could have production bonus. I think this would be a great..low graphics addition to the game and the mead logarithm could be adapted from the wine. PLEASE BRING IN THE BEES!!!! Thankyou.

hey you can use the farmers salve to heal bee stings depending on level of Beekeeping skill.

Good idea, use the code from Thorn bush that give small damage if you walk into the same tile. Just change graphic and text to "You were stung by a small bee!" Use a cloth glove to harvest honey.

• Like 1

Honey could also be used as a replacement for Maple Syrup for some recipies. Like making Honey and Fruit Jam. Then, I'd make you a bunch of Honey Strawberry Sandwiches! :D

• Like 1

Bees, Beekeeping, Hives, Mead....

Please. Pretty Please.

+1 over and over

Bees, Beekeeping, Hives, Mead....

Please. Pretty Please.

+1 over and over

As always for this idea when it comes up +1