Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Rolf - Please Explain Your Plans and Stop the Exodus!

Xanadu has spread the population out rather than added to it

The thing that gets me, is that this was predicted. The initial rush of new players didn't last, as expected. The initial gold bomb that took place from deeds and premiumed new characters would have benefited Rolf hugely,  but what long term benefit is there from Xanadu for the players?

You cannot even claim that now there is a greater concentration of players there as it's less densely populated than the other servers currently are. Xanadu has 314 online, Indy has 104 players - 1/3rd of the population on 1/4th of the land. Even larger differences exist: Release has 52 online - 1/6th of the population of Xanadu on 1/16th of the map size.

Was it merely to get a Freedom channel that looks busier? We had one - it's called GL-Freedom. =P

• Like 1

Some say Wurm is dying... no. This is same drop we see every Autumn. Too many kids play this game and if it were optimized for Adults and targeted at Adults... then we would see different patterns of activity /inactivity /"sky is falling" outcries. I think it's a "wash".

Some say Xanadu is FAIL like Epic Servers were a Fail... define "Fail"... I think the game is doing great, we have lot's of room to play and don't feel like we are looking in each others windows. Xanadu's Ore Vein distribution is wonky at best, but we are adapting. I'm not completely happy with the map and all the mountains but it seems Rolf likes maps like this so I guess we play with the sandbox he gives us or go back to an older server... I like Xanadu so I'm staying there. I listed a few things I would like to see improved if possible but what I am neglecting to mention are the dozens of things that I am happy with and that keeps me playing and paying for Wurm. I want to see more Mobs though.... that one I will drop here...

Some say travel times take too long... that's what happens with 16 times bigger servers People. It's not hard to figure out and it most definitely WAS PREDICTED. If you don't like it you had the opportunity to stay on an older server. The warning was given.

Some say it's too hard to do business, and economy is bad... GOOD. Some new Players are getting the impression they can't play the game unless they buy the latest enchanted tools and items and that will kill the game because the Players naturally attracted to Wurm will see what we have turned it into (shopping) and quit. Wurm attracts players that want to make things themselves, not buy it premade. This isn't Walmart Online, this is Wurm Online. I don't think some Players making a profit from playing an online game is a good thing at all, as in this case it drives up game price across the board and makes the rest of the Players pay more and that's wrong.

Some say Xanadu is too sparsely populated. Come to my deed and count how many names you see in my local chat (during EU and US prime time) and then say that again. It's Suburbia compared to where my character lived on Release.(I live in the middle of Xanadu where supposedly no one wanted to go lol) There's plenty of Players on Xanadu and the population in my area is growing, maybe not premium player numbers, but some of us Prem-adonnas are working on that. Help out the new Players and encourage them to go Prem.

tl/dr; I think Wurm is doing fine, infact maybe better than it has in a while.

Edited by geode
  • Like 1

According to the server graphs the majority of loss is from Xanadu. People dropped their old deeds moved over and found no mobs and no ore. Too much effort to move home again, they've quit until the situation improves.

There's no way you can blame the 'cost of playing' when none of the costs have changed for over a year.

This is why my sub is dead. With Rolf dead set on keeping the smallest dev team possible so he can nit-pick and play around with everything like a childish Dictator , I suspect its going to a loooong wait untill wurm improves enough to bring me back.

The avarage Nerd tends to play everyday regardless

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

stop posting

• Like 1

Close all servers, make 2 servers, one for PvP and one for PvE, dont touch epic, touche

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

stop posting

Congratulations 1k POST, Hipp hipp Hurray!

watkins141

watkins141

Villager

• photo-thumb-7147.jpg?_r=1406099050

• Members

bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png

1,000 posts

Maybe if you listened to my suggestions this would have never happened.

no.gif

• Like 5

Dear sir,

We regret to inform you that due to the overwhelming number of applicants for this position, we have to decline your request to be the annoying person saying "I told you so," in this thread. We thank you for your time and interest.

With regards,

People who have actually read this thread.

• Like 8

- every single gamer ever

people have to realize that game engines have limitations, if there is a very good idea which hasn't been implemented by the devs theres probably a very good reason for it.

- every single gamer ever

people have to realize that game engines have limitations, if there is a very good idea which hasn't been implemented by the devs theres probably a very good reason for it.

Yep. Java

Edited by Willis

Yep. Java

And why would that have anything to do with it? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Congratulations 1k POST, Hipp hipp Hurray!

watkins141

watkins141

Villager

• photo-thumb-7147.jpg?_r=1406099050

• Members

bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png

1,000 posts

about 900 of those are either troll posts are bashing jkh guys

Hipp hipp hurray

Ahaha I dont meant this in a trollish way. I'm making a thread that will explain what I'm saying. 

Please don't.....

• Like 2

Ahaha I dont meant this in a trollish way. I'm making a thread that will explain what I'm saying. 

Yeah, dont.  The only positive thing that came from all your suggestions so far, was uniting the whole playerbase into hating the same thing.

Made the game too easy. Allow mailing of everything, magic teleports everywhere, tons of free sleep powder, easy crafting window, focus on pointless things like decorations and useless animals.

The combat system isn't exciting enough for anything else.

The combat system isn't exciting enough for anything else.

Nor is the crafting system.

Releasing a broken server and then not fixing it; while at the same time continuing to milk your players for all they are worth is probably the reason.

Like endless negative threads don't have an impact? Seriously, if I was new and reading threads like this I'd probably go elsewhere too. 

• Like 1

This thread, as far as I can tell from reading back, is going no where.  Going ahead and locking this.