Sign in to follow this  
Lotus1

The Christmas Pristine/Release Impalong at Lotus Landing

Dec 20th to the 23rd, 26th to 29th.

With the Christmas season just around the corner, and the other impalong(s) being quite far from the Pristine and Release servers, I have been approached by a few people about hosting our own impalong.

The goal of this impalong will be to provide a smaller impalong for those who do not wish to travel so far to get to one of the other events. Alternatively, we could host the impalong at a different time than the other impalongs. I would appreciate any input on the times this impalong should be.

Lotus Landing has been a strong marketplace for over a year and I’ve worked towards the deed being able to host an event such as this. A few buildings would need to be completed, but nothing that can’t be done in a couple of weeks of work.

If anyone is interested in helping out or has any questions, please don’t hesitate to message me on the forum or post here.  I am fully looking forward to this experience as I’ve never hosted anything like this. I feel honoured to be approached about this and I fully accept the challenge. J

I will create the official post (or change this one to be the official post) in the next few days. I just wanted to post this up to hear any input on the idea.

Cheers.

Edited by Lotus1
  • Like 12

Thank you for stepping up for hosting a local impalong.

I strongly suggest that the impalong is held at the same time as the others, so that the locals on Release don't feel like they have to go all the way over there first in case they are "missing out" on something. Otherwise, what's the point? They'll already have their stuff imped and no one will come to yours. =P

What are your thoughts on how high to imp items? Due to the time it takes, imping past 70 would mean long waiting times for many professions. 

Edited by Delakar
  • Like 1

Usually, an impalong will imp to 70 as a standard. I think it really depends on how many tools and other goods there are to imp compared with how many "impers" there are.

As a rule of thumb, I would say items get imped to 70 as a starting max and, if there are no more tools to imp, then it's up to the impers if they want to go higher. :)

I am all for it, wasn't going to travel far for some fun ;)

70 is good to start, always worked well. If you need help building, making mats, or anything else.... you know where to find me :ph34r:

Lady

• Like 2

70 sounds cool. Going ab it higher shouldn't be a problem at all. :)

• Like 1

Possibly it might be worth splitting imp'ers into two tiers - for example, I can imp BS tools to 70 with some effort, but to 60 without much sweat and 50 easily.  I could provide a feed-in for a higher skilled person, so they could focus on the last little bit (say 60 to 70, or whatever).

• Like 1

Good idea Pandalet. This will also give the feeders the opportunity to skill up.

• Like 1

Possibly it might be worth splitting imp'ers into two tiers - for example, I can imp BS tools to 70 with some effort, but to 60 without much sweat and 50 easily.  I could provide a feed-in for a higher skilled person, so they could focus on the last little bit (say 60 to 70, or whatever).

Sounds like a good idea!

I'm pumped! Ready the logs! 

Opelika will offer it's assistence we are are also aiding VOD as well so will will evenly split out time between the 2.

We offer 85 LW 96 BS 50 WS 70 FC 50 Tailoring 70 Chain smithing (im sure i left something else out as well)

• Like 1

If I can find the time, I can offer blacksmithing services. 50ql no problem and 60ql with some effort.

As Pandalet mentioned, I can feed to a 70 smith.

Edited by Karthannar
  • Like 1

Sweet!!!
I am happy to Help out....

Ill Bring my:

2 100 faith Priests, i am thinking as long as Player Bring Favor Saccing Materials i can do Enchants.

My Leather Worker and Tailor.

and if Really Needed Carp 95, FC 70, SB 80, will have to sail from Chaos...

I'll  be there.

98 carp, 81 bowyery, 82 fc, 50 tm, 50sb, 85 fletch. Don't expect to get a quiver of 70ql arrows each though :P

• Like 1

This sounds great. If I am not consumed with RL, I can bring a few skills to help.

I think I will be able to provide the enchants there depending on the timing and place :)

Edit : Vynora Enchants I meant :) 

Edited by Margus

Im in, 90bs/90carp/70fc/83shieldsmithing/70 bowery/70 flethcing/70 stonecutting/50 cloth tailoring

if needed i can help supply some 90ql iron and 85ql logs (may be higher by the time this comes around)

my mrs can do LW shes at 90 and if needed trait reading/breeding

Will bring +90 LW, 80 Cloth Tailoring. Blacksmithing is 63 so I can help work on things to feed to better smiths as needed.

I will also bring a mag and fo priest. They aren't good enough to cast, but can be batteries for others.

Edited by MissWilc

If i can make the planned time, 75 Platesmithing!

You can count me in too, i can bring a 96BS and 96 Miner (can help provide ores if we need them too, as long as public mines are accessible for the mats) and my 2 Fo priests for LT or venom casts, etc etc. 

Count me in, 90+wc, 87ish carp, 70 fc + priest for sermons/linking (can't really enchant yet...).

Awesome guys, once I've fleshed out more details I'll post them here.

I'm thinking possibly from the 19th to the 29th or something like that. That way we cover both weekends around Christmas time. This may change however depending on how many people come to the impalong. If anyone has any suggestions for events (races, etc) feel free to post here or message me. I'm very open to ideas. :)

I would  like to help some of the time, but am generally busy with family stuff around the holidays, so my playtime might be limited, depending on the final dates chosen.

But I can bring a 91 Carp, 85 FC, 70 cloth, 80 BS character with some 90+ ql logs and a 95+ LW alt.

Family activities allowing, I'll be available with a WS/BS/chain/plate/shields character doing up to ql70. I'll probably bring my own ore to relieve some of the pressure to produce lots ready for the event.

I'll bring lockedbob (my 91 blacksmith) and stag to help supply a little favor here and there if you need some cordage

Edited by Stagnatrious1