Tissotx

PvP Handcuffs

38 members have voted

1. 1. PvP Handcuffs?

• Good idea
    • Bad idea
    • Don't steal ideas from other games!

Handcuffs

Adds another dimension to pvp, based from DayZ gameplay.

In a PvP fight where one player gets Lifebar down to "Dying" stage, a enemy can get a 30sec action timer to apply Handcuffs

Handcuffs or any primative shackles, crafted by blacksmithing.

120px-Handcuffs02.png?version=b3100ecf54

Scenario today is a big group of players gank 2 players and slaughter them, take all stuff and throws it away just to be evil

Scenario with handcuffs, the group can restrain the 2 players, interrogate them, loot their backpack they are wearing, heal them up and let them go with a warning.

If you r the dying player that got restrained by handcuffs, your only action option is to "Struggle" to break free from them, timer 1 minute. But if someone notice you doing it, they will most likely kill you. Best option is to Roleplay along and beg for mercy. If you hate roleplaying you can just /suicide.

• Like 1

I don't see anyone, ever choosing not to kill their opponents. You gain affinities, skill, combat rating and possibly full loot.

I wouldn't wanna spend a whole month in a Mol Rehan Jail, thank you very much.

• Like 1

Why would I risk not gaining an affinity if I could get it? -1

This could be useful to solve some kingdom drama.

+1

yKOoRQZ.gif

Other Half                        Half of Wurm

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 3

i've seent alot of dumb suggestions in my day

and this one is top 5

"interrogate" "let them go" wtf

• Like 2

i've seent alot of dumb suggestions in my day

and this one is top 5

"interrogate" "let them go" wtf

It sounds fun if you've never seen a wurm fight or know how wurm fighting works.

Edited by Judicator
  • Like 3

+1 only if we can use in PvE as well. For.......  roleplaying :ph34r: 

Actually maybe it could work. When they are at dying, in stead of killing them, you can handcuff them so they can't play the game anymore, untill they pay a 5 silver ransom. When you get taken prisoner you can't move or do any actions, but get acces to your bank account only and can send money to the person who caught you to be released and respawn at your own token without death. That way you can choose if you want to kill someone for loot or capture them for silver.  If they can't or don't want to pay 5 silver, they can't play the game for ?14 days? before they are released regardless and still spawn at their token without death.

Edited by Judicator

That's just griefing, pure and simple. Killing someone is one thing, but actively restricting their ability to play the game once they've already lost the fight is just... griefing, that's the only word for it.

Leaving out whips...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dteSps8RZUY

Kidding aside, Im all for means of capture, ransom, escapes, rescue, etc. Also not kidding about whips.

EDIT: Towers dont build themselves ;)

Edited by Klaa

This is a horrible idea, and I have played many yars in games were capture was not just enabled, but the focal point of the game.

It CANT be made work in Wurm.

I dont really wanna defend this idea, its not even like an idea, it's just a totally theft of Arma 2 and 3, and Dayz Standalone game system.

If you search on youtube like Dayz + Kidnapped, there is some hilarious videos, where players restrain players and force feed them rotten food, and break their legs.

Example

If its a good or bad system, well Dayz is popular.

And for the ones that dont know Dayz is ofcourse a first personshooter game, but it has house building and a few sandbox features in crafting in a few mods.

Im surpriced if u didnt know, since this is one them famous Indi game, more famous than wurm.