Sign in to follow this  
Castile

Mercury Lake Canal( The Hollow)

So I have started a canal from Mercury Lake to the west ocean. it starts at Y-27 X-10 and am planning for it to come out at Y-27 X-4. The exit has not been finalized at the moment but have no doubt that it will be in that area. I have a good start but any help is welcome, will need miners and any mag priests who are willing to donate some strong wall casts are appreciated, also support beams and any other mats that you are willing to donate.

I set up a deed at the entrance to help protect workers and possessions, deed name is Hollows End.

Will be plenty of shards and other ores for the taking. Also forge and food is available, most permissions

are open so help yourself, but please only use what you need.

At the moment am planning on opening up the tunnel than go back through and raise the ceiling and than lower the floor but as you will see the water is already deep enough for row and sail boats.

Thanks in advance for your support!!! :)

P.S Feel free to pm me in game, Castile

• Like 5

Great project Castile and all involved.  Will make some support beams and drop off :)

• Like 1

Would it be possible to put your proposed route on a image please....

Edited by bigsteve

I can bring a corbita and load rocks on the western side if anyone needs. They can be dropped off back at whoever's deed needs it. I'd love to help but I'm just a ship builder, not much for mining.

Is there a wagon access tunnel or is it currently only accessible on the eastern coast by boat?

The canal is only about 20% open so no ocean access yet and no wagon tunnel.

the wagon tunnel will probably be the last thing done so at current rate my be a while.

Some people have been wondering if this project is finished so here's an update.

First let me thank the people who have helped me so far...

Sweetbay  (She's awesome!)

Ok that's it so the canal is 210 tiles long 3 tiles wide me and my alt are gonna need some more time to finish

what is obviously a 1 man project.

Dalvea is going to come up today I believe. She can't dig however. She can only break rocks. If you need a digger, I have to bring this one.

• Like 1

Awesome project, anyone welcome to come help. Currently heaps of copper to come mine for people who would like some.

I would like to come by and help I am on xan atm but I could use the mining grind and was going to come visit sweetbay anyways:)

Well come on by your help is appreciated. Nearing the end of the regular mining but have uncovered 18 ore veins that

will need mining and than also the mining of the ceiling and floor. Also still need to support around 80% of the canal.

Only iron and copper, lots of copper.

Oh yeah and a lead vein.

Edited by Castile

Hmmmm

I could use some copper, I dunno what the Warden has planned for me this weekend, but Ill try and pop down. Im up in the NE so its a bit of a trip.

Edited by conmcb25

Hmmmm

I could use some copper, I dunno what the Warden has planned for me this weekend, but Ill try and pop down. Im up in the NE so its a bit of a trip.

Bring a caravel. Did he say lots of copper? I believe he did... lots might be an understatement.

• Like 1

"Update"

The canal is now open and passable for rowboats and sailboats, no one has tried a knarr yet but imagine they will be ok.

Anything larger should stay out for now.

The passage will require some zigzagging but is pretty smooth otherwise.

Please feel free to stop and hack at a vein when passing through, there is 20 iron, 20 copper and 1 lead veins in the canal right now.

• Like 3

Well only a small section where your actually swimming, but yes its a pain you cant get a cart in there so I suggest you bring a boat

for loading but like I said only 1 small section where you need a boat for stamina regen.

It's not as deep as I thought it was, you can mine and regain stamina almost anywhere in the canal.

We knocked down 1 40ql iron vein on the far west side of the canal, and the path that exits the south side of the west exit has been collapsed, and mined flat to allow passage of carts.  There is a small balcony of dirt outside that people can use as a tiny dock for loading and unloading crates.

• Like 1