Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

Sea creatures.

Right devs. Serious talk time.

People almost never kill sharks.

They are pretty much docile UNLESS you are a complete newbie and try to swim ungeared across the sea... iow they are ALWAYS docile.

They sit around and waste a huge portion of the aggro cap. Please set a LIMIT to these creatures.

Octopuses and dolphins... Yea they look pretty and stuff... But we dont need tons of them and along with the tons of sharks.

Once again, limiting the cap. but in this case the neutral cap.

Dolphins and what not can ofcourse be nice to see once in a while, same with sharks.

But we dont need them plastered all over the screen.

I was on a random trip to affliction today and before crossing back home I decided to just take 4 screenshoots of what was around me. (in a circle)

note: moving 50 tiles in a direction will render just as many new ones as in the screenshoot. Nor is this the "worst possible area i could find" or something like that, its just a random place where i turned around.

wurm.20141002.1939.pngwurm.20141002.1939_1.pngwurm.20141002.1939_2.pngwurm.20141002.1939_3.png

Thats 31 sea creatures in plain visible view... and its pretty much everywhere in water areas... and noone touches them.

Keep in mind devs, most of peoples time is spent on LAND.

and thats where we kinda want our animals to be at. not in the sea.

So please put a LIMITER to water-specific animals.

You got aggro and nonaggro, it can't be hard to just implement a third category called Nautical and swoop the sea creature templates over into that or something.

When it was 4x creature count on affliction it was AMAZING to go hunting (but very harsh).

After the regular creature count rebalance it became meh-ish to hunt, but quite enjoyable.

Nowdays with all the sea stuff it feels deserted.

So please fix it.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 6

I suspect that the recent focus on adding sea creatures is in fact Code Clubs attempt to address the absolutely terrible, terrible mechanic of sailing that we have right now--particularly if you ever have to sail anywhere on or through Xanadu. Code Club has been targeting development resources to make the seas 'more fun'...Unfortunately this doesn't do anything to address the real root cause: boats are too slow (compared to geared and traited horses)

In *Classic* Wurm fashion, a misguided solution now creates/exacerbates another problem: aggro mob counts are too low--again, especially on Xanadu where I literally have never seen an aggro mob near deed yet. It's clear that due to server lag they have no workable solution to the lack of mobs on such a large server And yet we get more worthless creatures added to make a chronic problem worse.

And btw, there are a lot of possible ways to 'fix' root cause, try one or all of them and see what happens:

- boat QL adds km/h

-WoA on boats

-Sailing skill for captain player character, adds speed at higher levels

• Like 3

@Doe, sharks spawns in lakes?

depends on the lake, but ive seen it happen

id like to see less animals and them being a bit more difficult to kill