Sign in to follow this  
Trothyr

Menu dropdown disappears

When I load the game the different branching menus pop out like normal when I right click, but eventually they stop popping up and I have to alt tab to get them to work again.. This keeps happening and to do the simplest things like make piles I have to alt tab again and again.

• Like 1

I have this as well. Has been going on for awhile. I can't remember exactly what causes it. It was either hitting alt at all, or using my mouse3 button on my mouse.

I have no idea what causes it for me, but mouse3 botton also undoes it.

You mean that when you right click, nothing happens when the issue is occuring?

If you just press alt once, does it fix it? Is it in full screen?

When I right click I get the normal menu, but let's say I put my cursor over "Emotes" which would normally expand into a sub-menu containing "Nice" "Neutral" and "Offensive" sub-menus, which in turn should expand again into even more sub-menus. When I'm experiencing this bug I can never see any sub-menus. I have to alt-tab to the desktop and then go back to the game for the sub-menus to appear again.

Sometimes I have to alt-tab many times in just 10 minutes or so just to use the menus.

I'll look at the suggestions above, as I was using mouse 4 as a push to talk.

Edited by Trothyr
  • Like 1

reproduced successfully a couple times now.

1. be holding down any mouse button besides mouse1

2. Open right click menu(anywhere)

Only thing i couldnt reproduce, getting stuck with out having the button pressed. Every now and then it would get stuck, but it wouldn't do it every time.

• Like 1

Hmm interesting. That means it could be that the client thinks a mouse button is being pressed, even though it's not.

If you ever get the issue again, try remembering your last few mouseclicks (and maybe also where you clicked). Also try pressing all mouse keys to see if that releases it and makes it work.

Similar trouble for me as well. My push to talk is middle mouse button so I'll be experimenting :) Just switched from a plug in to wireless and had no issue before switching.....

Hoping switching mouse or talk button clears it up.

Glad I was given this link!!

So I switched my push to talk from mouse button to keypad and no issues so far. Seems that was the problem for me.

So I switched my push to talk from mouse button to keypad and no issues so far. Seems that was the problem for me.

Thank you for letting us know how you solved your problem.  Hopefully this will help others with the same issue.

Go to settings--->options---->hot keys. On the lower right you see the drop down menu. Change it to keyboard and mouse only and click apply. Once you have done that right click and edit your hot key in the list above. There should now be a place to check discard. Click ok and that should do it.

Edit--- I dont use teamspeak very often so I cannot say if this will fix it but this is in theory the exact same thing that Vent does. Also this will allow people who use other keys as hot keys to not spam applications with that key when pushing PTT. Example if you use grave key for PTT it might fill a games chat box with ````````````````````````````````. This should fix that also.

Edited by Evilvision
  • Like 1

Thank you for your solution, Evilvision.  I hadn't seen the archived thread with your previous comments.  

Awesome! Sounds like it should work. I'll update as soon as I notice a difference!

Setting it to discard makes it so I cant use my mouse3 button at all in wurm. :-/ seems like its still going to be an issue till they change the coding in Wurm to fix it.