Sign in to follow this  
Aetherwalker

Unplayable Lag

Xanadu, tried 3 toons in different places to ensure it's not location.
All other internet services work fine, so it's not my connection.

CPU usage is normal, RAM usage is normal, not my computer.

Yet, I just spent several minutes rubbing my face against a double door.

Something going on with the server?

EDIT UPDATE: Been lagged out against that door for 10mins now.

Edited by Aetherwalker

I've been hearing a lot of people complain today about internet (random games, random times, with no reason)  Heck, my internet for 2 hours today went in and out every 5 minutes, was annoying as crap.

I'm starting to think something biggers going on then just a few games I play,  Wurm would be the 5th.....

same here Aether...i was playing music in the background with no delay so i know it's not the internet..yet i'd have to wait 7 to 10 seconds count on each of action..trying to get through a door, moving rock to inventory to make brick..so i eventually logged out as it was too much.  i ddin't see others complaining in local chat..so i think it factors where some are being routed.  all other aspect of my computer and interenet have worked fine in and around that time..loading links, watching netflix..to see if it was related to my pc or ISP.. it seems related soley to wurm or client

• Like 1

All other internet services work fine, so it's not my connection.

Could be a problem with a node on the particular route to the wurm servers. Would be good to run a traceroute when it happens and post results here so it can be looked into.

I really think it's all the servers.  I've had no issues with my connection and yet about 60% of the time when I log in the game can't even finish loading objects, roads, houses.  Even when it does, sometimes the menu's never finish caching so I'm stuck standing in one spot unable to do anything.  Thus begins the cycle of relogging 5-10 times until the game properly caches and loads assets.

Edit:  Forgot to mention this just started happening in the last 4-5 days... what got ninja patched???

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

I been having the problem of game hiccuping every few steps.

Move , stop for a second and keep doing this.

Been going on since last couple of updates.

Gud'morning folks,   Oct 02, 2014 @ 12:15 UTC

Any of you folks Canadians?  I have also been experiencing this over on Indy.....

......but not just today.... Just about every morning, usually between 12:00 UTC and about 16:00 UTC. (06:00 to 09:00 PDT), with it peaking in serial DC's between 14:20 and 15:45 UTC.

Some others (all of whom are Canadians) have also commented to me that they get really bad lag and multiple DC's between these hours else where in Canada, something that I and my wife have experienced daily also over the past few weeks.

We have been sharing details and we are all getting this super bad lag, at this time of day, while Wurmian's from American and Europe are not experiencing any lag at all.

So any of you folks Canadian?   Food for thought!

Cheers! Hughmongus

(on the west coast)

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/110301-hey-i-know-i-hope-she-dont-crash/

Canadians aren't the only ones experiencing this problem. Other countries have joined the club, and now you have too. So, welcome to the club!

Hetzner is really screwing the proverbial pooch.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/110474-news-update-work-and-progress-week-38/

Host issues

We have been experiencing some problems with our host in Germany where all of a sudden there is performance issues and data loss that goes on for some time.

Currently we are recording network data to get further information to provide to Hetzner.

We have already identified this is something happening in their core network and within their infrastructure.

Currently we can not say how we will resolve this as it is pretty much out of our hands if they themselves do not address the issue.

That is if we do not want to start tailoring our servers around this issue to try and compensate for their shortcomings.

Or for that matter migrate to another host again which is of course not optimal.

I will get back to you once I have further information on the matter.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1