Sign in to follow this  
Hashirama

Round World[Mission accomplished/Close]

I also like the colorful animals tbh, but I had to leave release because I wanted to play on chaos, I wish i could stay there and play on chaos. Thats the major reason why i want it to be connected so that i can come to live there again while PvPing on chaos.

Also that big damn xanadu should be somewhere on the corner, not sure why it is in the middle even when they small servers arent connected to each other leaving release and pristine in another world.

That one is the easy answer... so you move there to be near everything!

If there was a connection, I wouldn't agree to it being directly to Chaos but maybe if you hit Cele going East. It would be better than you going through Xanadont and better than a direct border.

Chaos to North or South Xanadu.... would make a cool "dangerous shortcut" for that e-w stretch.  =P

See ground shipping vs land shipping compete and contribute some.

Western Chaos to Eastern Release

Round/Sphetical/Hexagonal/Octahedral world BUMP!

How is it good to have a "backwater server"? You mean its good to have a server where a major part of the community doesn't like to go? plus a connection will only provide opportunities. the only reason i see why people give -1 to this is that they are drunk when they sail, and they dont want to go chaos while they have no idea what they are doing. But you know, dont drink and drive.

Not really, but doesn't mean Chaos should be deleted, just kept from corrupting that nice "distant" feel R&P still have =P

That's my reason to -1, and I'm a really good navigator so your ad hominem only adds to the -1 for a grand total of 

Not really, but doesn't mean Chaos should be deleted, just kept from corrupting that nice "distant" feel R&P still have =P

That's my reason to -1, and I'm a really good navigator so your ad hominem only adds to the -1 for a grand total of 

CdsjjGG.gif

• Like 2

It is a scientific fact that the world is flat. That's why you get a warning when you reach the edge. However, if you want to blaspheme I'll not be held responsible for your actions. +1

Edited by Sarcaticous

I don't think the current game is an entire "world" yet.  Meerely a chain of small to medium sized islands or continents.  They keep adding servers, so it's like we're on a planet and we just happen to discover new lands/islands from time to time.

What botthers me is the lack of spacial relations or whatever you call it.  If I sail East from Indy, I hit Xanadu.  Great, fine.  But when I sail West again, I don't end up back at Indy at all but Deliverance. 

Who came up with this nonsense?  The relationship in terns of direction between one server and the next should be STATIC!  My brain just cannot handle the nonsensical fact that North South East and West have no real-world basis anymore when crossing servers.

It's like a bad episode of Star Trek...

+1 as usual.  I drew up a proposed connection that would've worked, then Xanapoop came along and now nothing will fit together in a sane way... aka some of our puzzle pieces are larger then others and simply won't fit.

And this may be exactly why they aren't connected.  Connecting them would lock the world map and void any future servers.  As adding new servers would require remapping how they connect.

And this may be exactly why they aren't connected.  Connecting them would lock the world map and void any future servers.  As adding new servers would require remapping how they connect.

As has been pointed out by numerous people enough times to make me vomit, we ride crocs, we have unicorns, there is magic, etc., etc., etc. Rearranging a planetary surface is child's play. 

It's like a bad episode of Star Trek...

Speaking of heresy, there IS no bad episode of Star Trek!  ^_^

Seems a lot of people like this idea.  Far be it for me to -1 an active majority, presumably most of whom would be directly affected.

Two things though:

1) I agree with Mordraug, backwater areas are an important facet of Wurm's ecology.  The backwoods hermit who occasionally brushes his tooth and often gets mistaken for bigfoot should be a viable gameplay.  I think there's plenty who enjoy it, and they are not likely to be active on the forums to be heard... since they're hermits.

2) What about when continents are added?  What if it becomes necessary to add a continent in between two others rather than opening a new coast?  I think if people understand that possible eventuality ahead of time, cool.  The chances of people accepting that are slim though  :unsure:

Whatever you want to do has to leave room for additions, but then we'd eventually just wind up with the same thread about the new servers.

Can't really +1, don't want to -1, 0 is just confusing... I don't like this thread. :ph34r:

• Like 1