Sign in to follow this  
Nadineb

Alternative ways to get Sleep Bonus

Some premium players are online that much, that they don't ever receive SB. Most of these guys spend lost of money on Wurm and ingame items, like sleep powder to gain SOME skill while doing their daily activities. My suggestion is to make sleep powder or general SB available in other forms;

- Buy sleep powder/ a full SB bar in the Code Club store for euro's

- Buy it at the token for silver (same way as the 10s for a month premium)

I say a win-win situation for both players and Code Club ;)

• Like 1

they're 5s at traders, go buy those if you want to play this game p2p

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 4

could do some missions for it too, or get a vyn priest to cast WoV on you

• Like 1

Some premium players are online that much, that they don't ever receive SB.

Yea, that's the whole idea. It's to give players with not much time to play a chance to keep up with those who got all day to play. Not to reward those who have no job or life outside of playing Wurm.

SB...working as intended.

• Like 6

Maybe instead, give a way to turn existing sleep bonus into powder (at some loss - perhaps 75 minutes to one powder)... that could allow people to save up for later, especially before a known RoS cast date, or when a mission is about to complete.

Maybe instead, give a way to turn existing sleep bonus into powder (at some loss - perhaps 75 minutes to one powder)... that could allow people to save up for later, especially before a known RoS cast date, or when a mission is about to complete.

-1 to farming alts unless it is made untradeable like I wish server crash sb would be put into untradeable powder form

• Like 4

Yea, that's the whole idea. It's to give players with not much time to play a chance to keep up with those who got all day to play. Not to reward those who have no job or life outside of playing Wurm.

• Like 1

You assume all people with no job have no income? im sure they're not playing wurm from a cardboard box in the street

• Like 1

Some premium players are online that much, that they don't ever receive SB. Most of these guys spend lost of money on Wurm and ingame items, like sleep powder to gain SOME skill while doing their daily activities. My suggestion is to make sleep powder or general SB available in other forms;

- Buy sleep powder/ a full SB bar in the Code Club store for euro's

- Buy it at the token for silver (same way as the 10s for a month premium)

I say a win-win situation for both players and Code Club ;)

why not just buy sleep powder from other players? they are everywhere for sale.  ive got 28 for sale atm

Not that I'm saying this is a good suggestion overal, but you do realize your entire statement was made false by the "no job or life outside of playing wurm"

...how do you suppose there gonna BUY sleep bonus? >_>

They live off the government so they can stay up 24 hours a day and drink horrible booze and rot..

• Like 1

They live off the government so they can stay up 24 hours a day and drink horrible booze and rot..

Yes, because a lot of wurm players do that. >_>

This makes a ton of sense to be honest. People that are able to acquire the sleep bonus aren't online yet can still keep up with players that skill all the time, it's a balancing thing.

Look out on the market and players are bursting with sleep powder at the seams, costing 1-1.5s a pop. That coupled with the previous balancing comment I feel strongly in the statement "If it isn't broken don't fix it."

as someone on that second category i have to agree with this,i always said that sleep bonus is for people that doesnt have time to play.

Thank you all for responding. My idea was to have a brainstorm session on this topic, so thanks for contributing.

I kinda agree with the point that this is how it was intended; hardcore player VS casual gamer in an attempt to give them a shot. This might make sense on PvP, on Freedom (where I'm at) I wouldn't care less to be honest. Those hardcore players normally have killer skills already I could never reach and they do make a lot of money from it. The players I know spend most of their cash on ways to improve their ingame live, and mostly on sleep powder already. But buying it from other players can be complicated at times and Code Club doesn't benefit from it. My suggestion would be to make it more easy to acquire the SB for RL cash or a fair amount of silver. Comfort for the players, for a price that Code Club benefits from. My point is that I doubt a lot will change; just less nagging about light breezes :D And maybe the players that get the sleep powder would start using it as intended; for themselves.

if you can stay online all day you dont need additional sleep powder/bonus outside of what is provided already. wurm is pay to play, but not that way. lets be satisfied with the 2 sleep powders were given for FREE when we prem with $ and the additional powders that are high in supply on the market now, as opposed to before all that.

Edited by Hogwash

The one thing I took away from this is that we do need an un-trade-able version of sleep powder for things like server crashes. I also liked the idea of banking it up, but the ration would need to be like 2 or even 5 to 1 to make even remotely legitimate

Going the karma route should be far more than 1k also if considered, taking into account that completing a single mission solo not only rewards 1k karma but 30 mins sleep bonus already, which to me would suggest it would need to be more like 5k+ (non tradeable also imo)

-1. It's meant as a way for less active players to still be able to get skills.

I have to say, it's kind of cute to see people saying SB is for other players that don't have much playtime to keep up with the other players, when this game has been out forever, and has had exploits being abused to skill faster, multiple people on same account, ect, were there is no "playing field" anymore, just YOU, and YOUR character.  your already out of the competition, that never really existed.  :lol:

That may be true, but the reason for SB is exactly as stated. Just because there is plenty of other nonsense that has been allowed, doesn't dislodge the fact.