Sign in to follow this  
Elen

Who's in archeage ?

I dont mind the labor system, but only because using labor gives decent xp (of the last 10 levels I think I got 6 of em through crafting/lumbering). If it didn't do that I would detest it.

Did 50 min in jail for reasons :ph34r:  -- free jail suit and street cred B)

Edited by Elen

I dont mind the labor system, but only because using labor gives decent xp (of the last 10 levels I think I got 6 of em through crafting/lumbering). If it didn't do that I would detest it.

Did 50 min in jail for reasons :ph34r: -- free jail suit and street cred B)

If you do hit me up, hit 50 last night and now working towards a viable Dreambreaker build.

We had at one point 4 wurm folks playing together but one rerolled and another headed to an EU server so down to 2 now.

Hey Elen- I have an alt on Inoch but only at level 3. Do you mind more company? And do you guys use a ts3 server? Are you aiming to do PVP or just PVE once you're at 50?

Email me the info if you are interested.

Edited by deene

Not yet, been busy with work and helping some friends so haven't gotten back around to archage yet :(

Edited by Druidnature

ive been playing it, tis where ive been, wickedly fun game, however  very glitchy, false advertising,   Dont go Patron, you wont find a spot for a home/farm  due to people make alts to claim the plots devs set to be used (which isnt many at all). other then that evil issue, games fun, and worth playing im on chaeli or however ya spell it,  i spend alot of my time killing reds in ports and on fredrick island XD

Started on Dahuta with VOTF but moved to Janudar when it was opened to start over with some old friends. Currently close to getting my merchant ship then gonna hit it up on the sea with my guildies

ive been playing it, tis where ive been, wickedly fun game, however  very glitchy, false advertising,   Dont go Patron, you wont find a spot for a home/farm  due to people make alts to claim the plots devs set to be used (which isnt many at all). other then that evil issue, games fun, and worth playing im on chaeli or however ya spell it,  i spend alot of my time killing reds in ports and on fredrick island XD

Yeah land is at issue right now. Might change once north opens up and/or after initial game rush. I managed to get a small house and 2 large farms so I'm fairly happy (had 4 large farms at one point but too much time  farming for my taste so sold 2 off).

^ From what I hear its part of the westerization where everyone wants their own land vs guild housing and thus mad land rush with alts etc.

I liken it to buying 5 PS4s at launch with only the intent to sell. Inevitable early, not an issue later (I hope).

Edited by Elen
  • Like 1

plenty of land left where my guildies and i set up on Caleil server.  :)

i'll pm you my name , if i like you!

ArcheAge is what happens when one of those many cookie cutter east-Asian themepark games goes to the gym for a year - super themepark!

It's better than I expected, but certain things are really annoying, like the housing - it's really haphazard and random and all over the place, and it's not exactly a sandbox when you can only put certain things in certain places (housing zone, farming zone, etc). However, I'm sure the game will get much more interesting when I'm level 50 (I'm level 14 at the moment) - it's cool to hear my high-level guild members talking about banding together and hunting 'reds' (enemy players).

The thing which really boosted the appeal of the game for me is when I first went to a port (I had no idea how open the game was) and thought I saw some unmovable NPC boats (just for decoration) when all of a sudden someone ran up, jumped off the side of the pier into the boat and sailed off. That was sweet, to realise that people were free to just sail about like that. And then an enemy swam over and another player jumped in the water, killed him and took the trade pack (whatever that is). I was like 'cool, some kind of freedom!".

Of course, it's not as good and unique and special-feeling as Wurm.

ArcheAge feels like it was made by a factory, Wurm feels hand-made.

well im level 50, setup a home/farm on enemy lands (ninja farming now haha XD)   im with a guild called The Black Tides,  we fight  the reds a ton on the center island, at the moment my builds the most active and biggest pvp guild for our side, were able to fend off 5-7 red guilds, who  have far more numbers! Games extremely addictive, sure it has issues forsure, but worth playing, and its Calleil im on , im a crusader and my builds epic fun! (i just lack skills to remove stuns) :-(     but all things said, found where  im happy for now. You can play the game 100% free, and make enough gold to get 2 apexs for patron status so u can make a farm/house and keep i going, game setup so making money is literally EASY!! No offense to wurm, but  how archeage is how i dreamed wurm would be! (cept  wurm has better customization forsure!)

• Like 1

I'm liking wurm because...

Thought I would try crafting. can't because I need lumber. tired of roaming the area and finding the only trees around are private, or just landscape. haven't found any ore nodes either, and looks like most recipes require purchased components.

in wurm if I see a tree I can cut the mother down.

and as far as an open world... not really. true there are no walls or gates that block access from one area to the other, that's why they use quest requirements, level caps and mobs 10x yours... to close the world off.

in wurm beginner and endgame are the same, only variable is how easier you can survive :)

Just started the game I love the cat people yet the game frustate me with.. lags. Either it is my internet or they require a lot of cpu.. npcs and objects load super slow for me and sometimes my character can't properly move cause she ain't facing the right direction. Ughhh.. unplayable.

i love the cat people, but the blurry texture issue is annoying me >.> and some kind of lag which doesnt seem to be cpu but server related?

I haven't been on myself in the past 2 weeks, but there was no lag at that time, though my friend told me 3 days ago he started experiencing some lag - So it's probably something wrong with the servers then your CPU's. 

Though, the game does take a lot, so it could be that too if yall's Pc's aren't up to date.

maybe. meh.. sadly I guess ima delete it.. 20gb have no right to stick on my computer :P

I did play some beta. I can see that the farming and crafting is ok, but the old school questing is 5 yrs to late. I my give it a go down the track if i need a side game but for now, my side game is swtor. It's the best pick of the lot atm and these days highly passed over by people. Levelling is the best I've seen and I hate the levellling process in most mmo's.

Crafting is fun as you get your crew to gather and each crafting school is has parts that each school need to make money. 

Since ive been playing it on the side, i've done one instance/dungeon and thats not like me, as I usually level as fast as I can and find the only thing I enjoy is getting gear, not the case here.

If you played Swtor before, go back and have another go, there is soo much to do and the updates are regular.

Again, ill give archeage a go if I'm bored.

played on janudar eu server till i reached max lvl. got bored very quickly and not playing anymore.

I'm playing. I'm Xeveris on Calliel. I went there because it was newer and supposedly had land. But, there are tons of land barrens that use macros or whatever to steal plots after demolitions.  I lost out of 3 plots to the same guy. All he does is grab it and sell it for 200g+.  Anyway, I'm ranting now. I'm going to play as ftp. I'll just go exploring for 'illegal farms', save up for a boat so I can fish and do some underwater mining.

I like the game but the land thing is annoying. Honestly, that is what brought me back here! So, that's a good thing :D. I'd rather give Wurm my 14.99/mo. At least if I don't pay a month here, all my hard work doesn't go up in flames (at least, i don't remember losing a deed if your sub lapses?).

Edited by Breezy