Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Spyglasses for 12 month premium? - And bugged Consecutively month

Not everyone ticks to 12 months the same time, not even your own alts.  My suspicion is that it relies on total prem time and not consecutive (mostly due to wording in the emails) and we just have to wait and see

my is wrong too [11:51:23] You have been premium consecutively for 10 months since Dec 2013.

and no gift

I used to think it depended on what day your prem stems from, i.e. that if you bought prem on the 12th of October and stayed prem throughout December it'd count from the 12th of December. This seems to not stay true though since it is just in no way consistent with how I have 10 months on record as premium since December even though I bought prem early in the month.

Oh, and I didn't receive the e-mail either. I've only heard about it from hearsay and pastes, even though I hae the correct e-mail listed in the database (since I've gotten other mails in the past).

I should qualify for the Spyglass, or so the email says, still waiting on a Yellow Potion so we'll see if I win or an screwed.

I suspect that the premium counting only works from when you claimed the legacy gifts. My experience so far supports this.

I claimed legacy mine here:

[2014-10-09] [23:24:14] Any Legacy Loyalty Bonus items you are entitled to should arrive soon.

That's just over a month ago. They didn't seem all that impressive so I didn't bother to do it sooner.

On Delakar, who has been premium consecutively since creation, I have the following /playtime report.

[13:32:41] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of Awakening, week 2 of the starfall of the Leaf, 1029. That's 657 days, 2 hours and 21 minutes ago.

[13:32:41] You have played 185 days, 22 hours and 21 minutes.

[13:32:41] You have been premium a total of 12 months until Dec 2013.

[13:32:41] You have been premium a total of 1 since Dec 2013.

[13:32:41] You have been premium consecutively for 1 months since Dec 2013.

[13:32:41] You have premium time until 18 Jul 2015 16:25:58 GMT

Until a couple of days ago, it's always said I have been premium a total of 0 months since Dec 2013, so the act of claiming the gifts appears to have been the changing event for this tracking to function. 

The important thing to note here is that while I bought a 1 year premium subscription in July 2014, even that didn't count towards the total until I did the reward claiming action. The lines about the premium totals are completely missing until you've claimed the legacy gifts. I haven't even received the title at 4 months premium, despite being premium without fail from the start. I figure I'll get that 4 months from the date I claimed the legacy bonus.

I just tested it on another alt, Tayn. He was created early in 2014. He has been premium since shortly after creation. Today, just for the hell of it, I tried using the claiming command. He now has the correct "totals" lines showing up on a /playtime - before, he just had the total days played showing. 

This suggests to me that any character who has been created SINCE Dec 2013 needs to try claiming the rewards despite not being entitled to anything, or their totals won't update correctly and they'll NEVER receive anything!

I have 4 characters that need their time fixed, Delakar, Tarak, Galeer and Tayn.

Things like this need to just function, not get turned on by the players. This doesn't encourage loyalty when loyal players are missing out on rewards through no fault of their own. 

Del is right - I get my potions on my various characters according to the date I claimed the loyalty reward. Every 28 days after the initial reimbursement was chosen.

got this today

[19:40:55] A brass tube the length of your underarm. It has a small hole in one end covered by glass, and a similar but larger one on the other end.

[19:41:08] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of the Ant, week 3 of the Bear's starfall, 987. That's 2433 days, 22 hours and 58 minutes ago.

[19:41:08] You have played 451 days, 1 hours and 27 minutes.

[19:41:08] You have been premium a total of 82 months until Dec 2013.

[19:41:08] You have been premium a total of 12 since Dec 2013.

[19:41:08] You have been premium consecutively for 12 months since Dec 2013.

i received the premium bonus at this date

Logging started 2013-12-12

[19:52:01] Any Legacy Loyalty Bonus items you are entitled to should arrive soon.

The day of accepting loyalty gifts isn't the case for me; a priest alt that accepted the gift days after my main did got it yesterday or the day before while my main still doesn't have it

Yeah, in KaiH's information he received it 48 weeks and 2 days after claiming the gifts, which is 12x 28 day periods (336 days), plus two days. The day you received the gift, was that the first you had logged on for a couple of days?

Also for you Gary, was the inconsistency possibly explained by not having the character online when the 336 day period was up?

If we can't tie this consistently to a root cause, we're kinda groping in the dark. =/

We are groping in the dark, Rolf himself said it's bugged beyond their comprehension if you'll note. :)

[13:04:57] Any Legacy Loyalty Bonus items you are entitled to should arrive soon.

[12:11:25] You have been premium consecutively for 10 months since Dec 2013.

How are some people at 12 months when I've not lost premium since. :(

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

I now reached 10 months.

I have also updated topic name from 11 to 12 months. Just so people that haven't seen this yet know whats going on.

[23:31:42] You have been premium a total of 12 months until Dec 2013.

- perhaps counts your premium time you currently Have since the reward program started

[23:31:42] You have been premium a total of 11 since Dec 2013.

- counts your premium time used after the reward program started

[23:31:42] You have been premium consecutively for 11 months since Dec 2013.

- counts the months you've consecutively stayed premium since the reward program started.  This would be what i'd look at for when to receive my next gift

[23:31:42] You have premium time until 27 Nov 2015 12:52:52 GMT

- goes along with the first line since Dec 2013 to Nov 2015 is over 12 months prepaid premium time

To me seems the most logical explanation

Edited by Stormblade

I'm pretty sure i've been consecutively premium for the past 3 or 4 years.. its bugged and everyone here has the same problem. i have it on all 6 my accounts. @Stormblade

The day of accepting loyalty gifts isn't the case for me; a priest alt that accepted the gift days after my main did got it yesterday or the day before while my main still doesn't have it

Same for me.

My ticker was at 12 months for like 2 weeks, got the spyglass 2 days ago.

So it is working, albeit slowly...

It appears that referrals are not getting counted in the playtime

[23:59:53] You have been premium consecutively for 4 months since Dec 2013.

I have been premium for nearly 9-10 months continuously but still it says just 4 months, when i see my referrals, it appears i have lots of referrals on my name, only bought the premium time from token twice, and bought a 6 month premium from game shop for the 1st time.
So, it appears that the referrals that we are buying now and then, arent getting counted towards our premium time for bonus.
Needs fix 

So *some* people are getting their spyglass even though others are bugged and broken? Well doesn't that just teach me for not checking the token until July - I'm still stuck on 5 months.

This loyalty program really isn't inspiring loyalty. What's the point of keeping up prem when I'm not playing? For a yellow potion? Whoop-de-fricking-do. :angry:

So *some* people are getting their spyglass even though others are bugged and broken? Well doesn't that just teach me for not checking the token until July - I'm still stuck on 5 months.

This loyalty program really isn't inspiring loyalty. What's the point of keeping up prem when I'm not playing? For a yellow potion? Whoop-de-fricking-do. :angry:

Still puzzels me why Rolf didnt make it count from the moment the loyalty program went live. Why start it at the point where you went to the token to get the gifts...

Cant be that hard to make the system count from 1 fixed date? (and stopping count the moment you unprem)

[13:04:57] Any Legacy Loyalty Bonus items you are entitled to should arrive soon.

[12:11:25] You have been premium consecutively for 10 months since Dec 2013.

How are some people at 12 months when I've not lost premium since. :(

So am I consecutive since I finally got around to accepting the rewards or since I broke out my MasterCard and actually paid the money?

[20:41:47] You have been premium a total of 10 since Dec 2013.

i got a yellow potion a few days ago. clearly ive been premium longer right?

I decided to check up on this with just one of my alts:

/playtime
[02:43:42] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Luck day, week 3 of the starfall of the Leaf, 1029. That's 667 days, 19 hours and 18 minutes ago.
[02:43:42] You have played 146 days, 3 hours and 25 minutes.
[02:43:42] You have premium time until 15 Jan 2015 21:55:03 GMT
[02:44:11] Any Legacy Loyalty Bonus items you are entitled to should arrive soon.

I select Reimbursements from the token:

[02:44:11] You receive a plate gauntlet as premium bonus!
[02:44:11] You receive an easter egg as premium bonus!
[02:44:11] You receive a lump as premium bonus!
[02:44:11] You receive a fireworks as premium bonus!
[02:44:11] You receive a yellow potion as premium bonus!
/Playtime
[02:45:01] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Luck day, week 3 of the starfall of the Leaf, 1029. That's 667 days, 19 hours and 19 minutes ago.
[02:45:01] You have played 146 days, 3 hours and 26 minutes.
[02:45:01] You have been premium a total of 12 months until Dec 2013.
[02:45:01] You have been premium a total of 0 since Dec 2013.
[02:45:01] You have been premium consecutively for 0 months since Dec 2013.
[02:45:01] You have premium time until 15 Jan 2015 21:55:03 GMT

So the question is, do I wait for 12 months of prem time from today, before I get a spyglass?  Did Checking reimbursements just now screw me? Did not checking reimbursements a long time ago screw me?

Short answer, yes.

However I expect something will be done about this at some point since it's pretty unfair and short sighted to start the loyalty countdown from the time you picked up your legacy items.