Sign in to follow this  
Mortomes

The Whitefay-Greymead highway

Please keep this thread clean, if you wish to voice concern handle it in the appropriate channels.

Thank you,

Niki (Board Moderator)

• Like 1

Fun fun fun.

Last night I counted the number of tiles east from the eastern end of our tunnel to where they show up in local, working on their cave canal.

Their north-south canal tunnel is at least 100 tiles east from the easternmost end of our tunnel. There is no way these tunnels will get in each other's way.

Facts.

Edited by Mortomes

That's good news. Glad you guys were able to get into touch and work this out so that we'll be able to have both the highway, and the cannal tunnel.

This thread and all others relating to this highway incident should be locked. I have spoken to one party and from what I can tell from the posts of the other party both of the parties are in the wrong, sure the deed shouldn't have been placed and some form of contact info should have been given but the highway builders should have made greater attempts to contact as many people as they could in the immediate and surrounding areas of their project, a forum post is not enough considering the amount of people that actually use the forum. This should be taken to PMs and worked out between you in private, I have been hearing about this incident in game for a while now and see this topic poping up every few days in the forum and I am rather sick of seeing it both of you are just beating a dead horse. The highway is built now and protected end of story, work together and find a route around the highway tunnel for the cannal there is PLENTY of room.

• Like 1

That's good news. Glad you guys were able to get into touch and work this out so that we'll be able to have both the highway, and the cannal tunnel.

Except it has not been worked out. Facts and logic have been presented, then ignored, as the deed still stands.

This thread and all others relating to this highway incident should be locked. I have spoken to one party and from what I can tell from the posts of the other party both of the parties are in the wrong, sure the deed shouldn't have been placed and some form of contact info should have been given but the highway builders should have made greater attempts to contact as many people as they could in the immediate and surrounding areas of their project, a forum post is not enough considering the amount of people that actually use the forum. This should be taken to PMs and worked out between you in private, I have been hearing about this incident in game for a while now and see this topic poping up every few days in the forum and I am rather sick of seeing it both of you are just beating a dead horse. The highway is built now and protected end of story, work together and find a route around the highway tunnel for the cannal there is PLENTY of room.

Yet after all this dead horse beating there are apparently still a few misunderstandings. Toth's stated reason for placing the deed had nothing to do with the highway just with the tunnel, which he thought would disrupt his cave canal plans, which has been demonstrated to be false (More than 100+ tiles apart).

There are currently 3 deeds the highway runs close to. With one deed, the owner had no problem with it, the second was happy we did it and helped us on the highway for a while, the third made his deed here while we were working on the highway BECAUSE of the highway.

So one of the parties is presenting facts and logic, while the other ignores those and instead makes silly threads titled "Are roadbuilders evil".

It doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong, who has facts and who wants to ignore them. Are you both not grown men and/or women? Is this not just a game? Can't anybody just get along for 5 minutes in this game? All it takes is for you both to sit down for a few minutes like the grown mature men and/or women that you are and work out your differences, this incident is just a series of massive misunderstandings between both parties. The sooner you can both come to terms with each other and both apologise to each other wether you are wrong or right the sooner all of this will be over.

It doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong, who has facts and who wants to ignore them. Are you both not grown men and/or women? Is this not just a game? Can't anybody just get along for 5 minutes in this game? All it takes is for you both to sit down for a few minutes like the grown mature men and/or women that you are and work out your differences, this incident is just a series of massive misunderstandings between both parties. The sooner you can both come to terms with each other and both apologise to each other wether you are wrong or right the sooner all of this will be over.

You see, I have tried to sit down and talk to him like a mature person... for several hours. I have explained the same arguments I have made here several times to him. Evidently it takes more than both of us sitting down for a few minutes. It's no longer reasonable to describe it as a series of massive misunderstandings when I have done everything in my capability to make him understand this situation. The ball is in his court.

This thread has lived its purpose, the highways is done.

I am locking this to avoid any further problems, please do not continue it anywhere else.

Edited by necroe
  • Like 2