Sign in to follow this  
Diarmuid

Freedom Islander Enlistment for Chaos Raid

Ok, firstly this isn't a raid on any one kingdom, it will be mostly raids on coastal settlements. And I'm not overestimating Freedom islanders , but a horde of them could take a settlement or two.

I welcome you all with open arms!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAA.

You promise not to tell and alert anyone on chaos right of their impending doom? :lol:

Edited by Tissotx

And obviously the date won't be posted here, this thread is simply to get an estimate on numbers, if you had something to say for or against it I encourage you to use the other thread linked in th first post.

As for logistics I am not saying I'm a great general , if you'd like to work on the strategy and logistics I encourage you to pm me a bout becoming a battalion leader.

No hate intended here people, but do you really think a few soldiers could stop twenty to fifty people?

😛

We better be sure to be at least 100 players when we sail.

Freedom players have a weird habit of falling off their boats and drown at server borders.

We might loose 50% of the force right there.

• Like 2

No hate intended here people, but do you really think a few soldiers could stop twenty to fifty people?

• Like 2

I think you have no idea at all about PvP and you are still commenting as if you know a lot. 

Regarding ur post, if freedomers have decent amount of players, it will be 5:1 ratio in fights, a player can only block a certain amount of hits with his shield in 1 second, and if there are 5 people attacking 1 player, the player will get nailed easily, a strong player may be able to kill a few of them, but even 70+ fighters with not much body stats but decent gear and weapon (even 2 handed) can kill a strong account.

So please if you don't know anything, stop downsizing this thread and don't destroy people's confidence by saying stuff like "grave maker" and other bull####, if you are not going to come, stay at your deed and farm.

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 2

The OP would be much better served stating that those interested in this raid should PM them and definitely NOT post anything about who they are (much less their fighting skills) within this thread. Chaos residents are already watching and posting within both of these fun time Chaos raid threads. The more information that you hand them upon a platter like this, the more they will focus their attention upon those within this "raid" who might possibly provide the slightest threat to them.

This is not some Unique or Dragon hunt where players sign up without any concern for those AI aggro's making adjustments due to who will be attending and what weapons and armor is recommended. You are dealing here with players upon Chaos who know how to work as a group to achieve their objectives, which will be mainly to prove their superiority over PvE players and in terms of pvp they clearly are. Still, the looked forward to humiliation is clearly expressed within a number of responses.

By the statements within the OP made by this account and this sign up thread, I suspect that this is just a subterfuge created by some pvp association on Chaos. Those that would actually consider the advice presented within it and to sign up here would just be very naïve in the ways of pvp or simply carefree individuals that have little concern for any skill and other losses incurred. 

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Let us know in advance when you intend to cross please, the affinity farming that day shall be glorious!

• Like 1

my thoughts on this... if this is going to happen, just make an army of alts? have all participants load up on volunteer boats (preferably knarrs) and get smiths over on the west coast of Xanadu make a bunch of chain armor (all 50ql) distribute it to all the alts, and also get them all 50ql long swords and shields... after the initial landing, the boat captains can take their boats off shore (so they can escape with their ships if a enemy fleet tries to attack)... we could have all the alts train on training dummies and cut trees with 1ql training longsword to up skill and prep for the assault, as well as have a number with decent bows and arrows (i would say one archer per 3 swordsman)

if most decide that they actually want to keep the alt, we can make a war-camp to have some sort of spawn area with out noob tents. recommend we make some sort of defensive wall before attacking anyone if we do that, and have some people watching the camp

What I'd like to know is who is leading this venture and which kingdom they're associated with. Skeptical that this isn't the forum alt of an established chaos player looking for affinities for him and his buddies. Already seems very fishy with the amount of info that's being given/requested here in a public setting.

With the right people and legitimate effort, this could be pulled off and some very big game history could be made... but i'm not seeing "the right people", nor am I seeing legitimate effort. I'm seeing what appears to be some greenhorns asking others who may have interest to publicly post their skill set, while telling the opposition when they plan on arriving

• Like 3

Lambs to the slaughter if you ask me. Oh just a thought what are you all going to do if the boat captain drops anchor

and logs out. Oh look here comes three ships full of enemies.

What I'd like to know is who is leading this venture and which kingdom they're associated with. Skeptical that this isn't the forum alt of an established chaos player looking for affinities for him and his buddies. Already seems very fishy with the amount of info that's being given/requested here in a public setting.

With the right people and legitimate effort, this could be pulled off and some very big game history could be made... but i'm not seeing "the right people", nor am I seeing legitimate effort. I'm seeing what appears to be some greenhorns asking others who may have interest to publicly post their skill set, while telling the opposition when they plan on arriving

By the statements within the OP made by this account and this sign up thread, I suspect that this is just a subterfuge created by some pvp association on Chaos. Those that would actually consider the advice presented within it and to sign up here would just be very naïve in the ways of pvp or simply carefree individuals that have little concern for any skill and other losses incurred. 

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

As you will note, this same thought occurred to me early on. A forum alt with only a few posts under their belt as well. Who would be inclined to follow the leadership of a person such as this? At least the whole proposition should have been posted by a fighter of some significance, not this minor quackling, although it may all seem duckey to them.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Hahaha, 1 man deeds on the east shore. I think you need to resume communication with your own kingdom issle. They know way more than you do in regards to what actually happens on chaos

Actually no, please use issles information so you yourself can experience his lies. It'll look terrible for your kingdom XD

Edited by demondan

Try asymmetric warfare instead.

Have 50+ Freedom ships, with mix of melee and archery doing hit and run, in groups of never less than 10 unless something specific requires small numbers for stealth.  Hit n' run, guerilla style.  Arr!

Edit: lengthy campaign, lots of decoy fleet action, subterfuge, ambushes, midnight "do as much damage as possible to random deed then RUN when we have incomings" ..... then after a good while doing that which means lots of practice and working up knowledge of the terrain, try a big bad raid. Gotta know each others' playstyles while at it.

Not trying to put anyone down here but... even with raw numbers, you'll end up feeding Chaos's armories more than anything.

Edited by Mordraug

This is not lead by someone new to PvP in wurm I think.  I also think it is a really fun idea.  One side will win and one will lose. Does it matter which?  The point of PvP is just this, so end result is a success, regardless.  For Chaos, it is all a good situation.  If they win, they get affinities.  If they lose, they likely get a bunch of new people excited about doing PvP and moving to Chaos.  I seriously doubt anyone is going to bring anything to battle they really care about.

For freedomers, you get the experience of tasting real battle for the first time (?). Possibly bragging rights in a victory, but even with a loss, you still get to be proud of taking part in an epic attempt to conquer parts of Chaos.

All the bragging and heckling is what I've always seen nervous people do before a battle filled with uncertainty.  If you were as confident as you say, you would be sitting back, quietly chuckling to yourself, avoiding any show of strength, in hopes of seeing the battle actually happen.  So I think a few folks on Chaos are worried.

As a few have said, someone take video!! I never participate in PvP anymore, in any MMO, but I would love to watch this one. Johan would certainly want to highlight this in Wurm Life.

Good luck to both sides and may the rivers run red!

• Like 2

I say, go for it. Win, lose or draw it will be great fun for all...

... well ... after the servers come back online that is.

• Like 1