Sign in to follow this  
Diarmuid

Freedom Islander Enlistment for Chaos Raid

Ok so if you've yet to already be sure to check out this:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/110995-fun-idea-sacking-chaos/

This is the enlistment board for that raid.

If you'd like to join this raid please leave a comment with your name and fighting skill.

This is purely recreational you will not be compensated (aside from the spoils of war) for your service. If you'd like to bring your own weapons and armours that is fine, but we are looking for volunteer boatmen and Smith's for the following:

Volunteer Smith's, if you could make any weapon types that would be appreciated, again you will not be compensated. These weapons do not have to be of marvelous quality, any ql will do, though I personally believe that shortsword and shields would be fine. As for armours they aren't required, but again if you'd be willing cloth armour would help am doesn't matter here either.

Boatmen your job explains itself, you'll be transporting the troops from a Talley point to the landing sights. Any sailing boat would do for this role. Combat is not one of your requirements, but you may need to be prepared to defend your ships.

Lastly if you are interested in leading a battalion please pm me either here or in the game, character Diarmuid.

This raid will take place sometime in either November or October, a more specific time and date will be posted when avalible.

😜

Edited by Diarmuid
  • Like 4

Probably will not be attending the event, best of luck to all those that do. :)

Edited by Malicarth

A few suggestions. Longswords/largemetalshields. Chainarmor at the LEAST, plate pref, 50ql+.

Anything less then that is just going to get rocked.

• Like 1

I will be in a separate boat with my hots buddies, but i will support freedom raid on chaos.

To who ever goes in wielding a 2h axe/maul........

I salute you, and I must have video........You will go down, but you will go down with Style.

Also. I don't see any job listed as "Grave maker"........So I guess I can't join? :(

• Like 4

Hey there is always a chance that Kratos folks will prolly drop dead laughing ... who knows  :D

Nonetheless good luck and as Druidnature said video is a must!  ^_^

• Like 3

I'm tempted to participate as well, wielding a Battlerake and all....I'll get back to you on that if I decide to go :ph34r:.

• Like 1

To who ever goes in wielding a 2h axe/maul........

I salute you, and I must have video........You will go down, but you will go down with Style.

Also. I don't see any job listed as "Grave maker"........So I guess I can't join? :(

I think you have no idea at all about PvP and you are still commenting as if you know a lot. 

Regarding ur post, if freedomers have decent amount of players, it will be 5:1 ratio in fights, a player can only block a certain amount of hits with his shield in 1 second, and if there are 5 people attacking 1 player, the player will get nailed easily, a strong player may be able to kill a few of them, but even 70+ fighters with not much body stats but decent gear and weapon (even 2 handed) can kill a strong account.

So please if you don't know anything, stop downsizing this thread and don't destroy people's confidence by saying stuff like "grave maker" and other bull####, if you are not going to come, stay at your deed and farm.

• Like 1

I think you have no idea at all about PvP and you are still commenting as if you know a lot. 

Regarding ur post, if freedomers have decent amount of players, it will be 5:1 ratio in fights, a player can only block a certain amount of hits with his shield in 1 second, and if there are 5 people attacking 1 player, the player will get nailed easily, a strong player may be able to kill a few of them, but even 70+ fighters with not much body stats but decent gear and weapon (even 2 handed) can kill a strong account.

So please if you don't know anything, stop downsizing this thread and don't destroy people's confidence by saying stuff like "grave maker" and other bull####, if you are not going to come, stay at your deed and farm.

So, what about when MR shoot you all on the way over with their arrows... from a distance... good luck blocking arrows with that big sword.

If you can't reach them, you can't hit them.

This will fail to put a dent into MR, you know why?

Cos they'll know it's coming. MR may be cocky, but they're not complete idiots (saying that actually hurt me lol).

If you genuinely believe they won't know it's coming, you're an idiot, MR can easily prepare and get the numbers together, no doubt they have plenty of fletchers and bowmakers to make picking you off as easy as possible, then for up close they have their experienced fighters, and experienced leaders.

What is being proposed is easily doable, but you need experience and the element of surprise. Asking for people to help you raid chaos on the forums kills the surprise, and asking for freedomers who have no experience is a joke and won't work without a real leader.

If it was me, 1st thing to do would be to go to the kingdoms you're not attacking and asking them to assist. Then find some players on freedom who have PvP experience and leadership skills, rather then go to forums and make a post like this.

• Like 3

I'm tempted to participate as well, wielding a Battlerake and all....I'll get back to you on that if I decide to go :ph34r:.

raam, you know I am always have a place for you. And with the new priest rulling for hots in place, you don't have to worry about your faith on freedom, it is separated.

• Like 1

Plate has a high glance rate on arrows. and even at 50+ QL many arrows miss, also if enemies are going to stand at their deed and do archery, nothing stops the players from healing the tiny wounds they would get with cotton.

Now about the other part, one cannot rally a large group of players without having to take such a topic to forums.
And when such a raid plan is organised, information leaks no matter how hard someone tries to hide it. Trying to hide it will only get less player attention which is needed here. Maybe MR knows that players might come and maybe they are ready, but this helps to get more player attention and more players will come this way.
About the "other kingdoms" thing, am sure people from other kingdoms are also seeing this post, and they will do what they want. If they want to seize and opportunity of mass distraction by raiding MR territories near their town, they will. If they don't want to do anything, they will just grind their skills. I have tried collaborating with kingdoms sometimes, and seen many players try to do that as well. It turns that in the end every kingdom will do what they want.

So if black legion wants to take chance of such an opportunity, they will attack the western part of chaos, if JK wants to take chance, they will attack the centre regions, but this post clarifies that the freedom isles players will attack the eastern region.
One must not rely on someone else to make their plans, on chaos it takes 1 second for a person to change their team, sticking to one's own plan is what one must do.

And even if freedomers collaborate with JK/BL on the same war front, after MR is defeated, one will betray the other. That's how it has always been on chaos, so having more than 2 kingdoms on a war front is stupid and everyone knows the outcome. 

So as I said, other kingdoms will attack if they think its a good opportunity to overthrow MR, or they will just sit on their deeds and grind, its their choice and nothing can influence their choice.

Edited by Hashirama

This definitely has the makings of a true Wurm legend....

And pleeease.......there really, really needs to be a video - even if it's very short.

• Like 3

I don't think I've ever seen so many dogs with their tongues hitting the pavement :)

So, what about when MR shoot you all on the way over with their arrows... from a distance... good luck blocking arrows with that big sword.

If you can't reach them, you can't hit them.

This will fail to put a dent into MR, you know why?

Cos they'll know it's coming. MR may be cocky, but they're not complete idiots (saying that actually hurt me lol).

If you genuinely believe they won't know it's coming, you're an idiot, MR can easily prepare and get the numbers together, no doubt they have plenty of fletchers and bowmakers to make picking you off as easy as possible, then for up close they have their experienced fighters, and experienced leaders.

What is being proposed is easily doable, but you need experience and the element of surprise. Asking for people to help you raid chaos on the forums kills the surprise, and asking for freedomers who have no experience is a joke and won't work without a real leader.

If it was me, 1st thing to do would be to go to the kingdoms you're not attacking and asking them to assist. Then find some players on freedom who have PvP experience and leadership skills, rather then go to forums and make a post like this.

good point. guess the goal stated is "don't come play on our server."

odd thing to come from a group tossing out the ever popular 'we need people for PvP'

you won the debate! I'll stick to sandboxes on my side of the playground.

I could come to throw some potatoes at them pvpers with my alt.

• Like 3

Actually what I was saying is that this is going to be a slaughter due to horrible planning and likely to be horrible leadership.

I never once said "freedomers should never go to chaos" or anything along those lines so I have no idea where that came from, I actively play on both servers so I'd kinda be telling myself not to go to chaos too, which obviously makes no sense.

I can't stop people joining this group even if I want to, however I won't back an idea that is bound to fail.
I have spoken to a few people about getting freedomers to raid places on chaos before and think it's a great idea but only if planned properly by people with experience in PvP or by those being assisted by players who have experience in PvP. Someone who says that armour type and ql doesn't matter, clearly has neither of those.

This idea is just going to lead to alot of deaths for nothing, and will leave a sour taste in the mouths of those who attend. It will not help chaos or freedom, so why back it?

tldr:
I encourage players to try out chaos, but only if they know what they're in for and preferably, being assisted by someone who knows chaos well, but I also encourage players to NOT join this group because MR will know you're coming, they'll have numbers ready, and you WILL die and you will not enjoy it (unless you like failing miserably and being repeatedly killed at the spawn on chaos)

Also, what I say is my words, my opinions and not those of Black Legion or any other kingdom.

Edited by Shadz
  • Like 2

This is an enrollment thread, why do you need to state your point of view like "there is going to be a slaughter", let the people willing to enroll speak here and if you have views theres another thread regarding that, if you think theres going to be a bad end to this event...give your statements there.

Personally I think it would be fun, but the logistics are in need of serious help for something like this to happen.....

there are some players with skills on freedom, but no horses, a place to meet that is not gonna be a trapped area like a freedom ZI,  

oh and the side skills needed other than fighting, 

Good Luck, and we will see

• Like 1