Sign in to follow this  
Diarmuid

Fun Idea: Sacking Chaos

- as seem with the enmasse (I figure MR freedom alts) gathered near the landing, pile 8 unkilled noobs on 1 veteran player and they will fall.

Was that when the freedom noob droeppd green drake? cuz if it was...that was us epic players being bored.

At least some killed people get brought back to Freedom from Chaos:

2814euf.png

• Like 1

I will be completely honest with you - I think the idea (at least conceptually) is a great one. Let me explain. (refer to post for content)

"Man, that Chaos raid was a mess. But goddamnit I was there!"

• Like 1

You are forgetting one thing. All the people going to the raid should be aware that they can lose combat rating, ships, armour and affinities. There is a general sentiment on the board that the Freedomers are dumb. Granted, there will be one or two that will go not knowing what to expect, but the majority will be fine.

In short, those going to the Chaos raid have to be aware that whatever they take with them may stay on Chaos. If you are not prepared to loose, don't go. If need be, we can make a big, red letter thread about that. And I believe Diarmuid is also very forthcoming about the fragility of equipment.

What will probably be worse is a hit to personal egos when things get brutal. But even there, a lot of players here are mature and hopefully aware that Chaos punches back. Anything can happen. But until it does, nothing happens at all and we are just sitting here and working on blacksmithing again and again.

And of course Chaos players are egging the raid on. Sure, they can potentially gain from it. But it's all fair. It's their land that is being hit and there is always a remote chance that the Freedom raid will bring enough shovels to level a deed or two, so there is risk.

Crazy ideas are good. Few games allow something akin to a raid on a server, so I say we have fun with it. Let's worry less about what may happen and actually do something. Anything.

It's only a game.

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 3

Personally, I don't mind you guys trying to raid our server, what cracks me up is that everyone is working under the assumption that you have to raid MR, as if this whole raid was just to show us that we underestimate you, or that people think they should act upon a lot of pent up hostility against this kingdom.   

In all honesty though this whole thread is a joke.    The guy who posted it either has no idea how to play the game on a pvp level or was just trolling you all.  Should that stop people from trying to come here?   Er no, there is a different way to play the game beyond staying on nice safe freedom servers, that other way of playing unfortunately has risk that many of you want on your own terms.   I've seen multiple posts by prospective freedom players wanting to come and get established here to make "safe zones" etc.    

This isn't freedom you come here expect to die, and expect us to kill you all and then distribute the loot to players within our own kingdom who are in the process of living here and learning how to fight.  At least that is exactly the reality of what will happen if you follow the leadership of the OP.    It's not saying that quick snatch and grab raids along the east coast won't work because they already have been done, and if the other server borders open up it will become even more the norm.   

What it requires is thought and insight from established former PvP players an veterans, not a bum rush, though I could use the free lootz just as much as anyone.   :D   It also likely means establishing a base on this side ahead of time so you have horses ready for when you plan to raid, or coordinate with one of the kingdoms already on the server, or join them just for the raid.    Raids require logistics, and planning to work, as well as knowledge of how to withstand raids,the schedules of whom your raiding and knowing which deeds are vulnerable.    Then it requires everyone in voice coms, even those without a mic so that orders can be given and things can be coordinated in real time.    

So go do it if you feel you got the need to, just have the common decency to go about in in a way that gives us a good fight, and not just free loot.    

• Like 1

This isn't freedom you come here expect to die, and expect us to kill you all and then distribute the loot to players within our own kingdom who are in the process of living here and learning how to fight.  

From Diarmuid "recruitment" post:

"Volunteer Smith's, if you could make any weapon types that would be appreciated, again you will not be compensated. These weapons do not have to be of marvelous quality, any ql will do, though I personally believe that shortsword and shields would be fine. As for armours they aren't required, but again if you'd be willing cloth armour would help am doesn't matter here either."

Well BL & JK here is your chance ... MR players will be soon fighting with low ql weapons wearing cloth armor LOL  :D 

Edited by Nikab
  • Like 2

From Diarmuid "recruitment" post:

"Volunteer Smith's, if you could make any weapon types that would be appreciated, again you will not be compensated. These weapons do not have to be of marvelous quality, any ql will do, though I personally believe that shortsword and shields would be fine. As for armours they aren't required, but again if you'd be willing cloth armour would help am doesn't matter here either."

Well BL & JK here is your chance ... MR players will be soon fighting with low ql weapons wearing cloth armor LOL  :D 

Well just make sure the weapons are over 70 QL,  I don't need those shotty knock offs..   If your going to die, have the foresight to die with a bow that I can imp with my crafter.   

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

For all the noise the PvP are making now, I guess come the day they will have their recruiters ready handing out MR pamphlets, JK buttons and BL skull keyrings...

I'm with Valdor on taking the OP lightheartedly. In preparation this will need a lot of expectation management though. Freedomers are used to logging out / going afk when the dog needs to go for a walk or when the wife calls. I have no idea how much time such an expedition would take, and having no base to retreat to and log out of doesn't help with that, either.

Edited by Marshlander

Interesting idea, a good topic for everyone to post on. Blood fest? Yes.

I won't matter how many people you take, yes number are a big thing when it comes to wurm, but being prepared and having strategy and experience will overcome the numbers.

Where will you rendezvous? It won't matter without locate rings for all, kingdoms will be on you after you cross.

Where will you fall back to for protection? No deeds or mine doors setup?

Anyway....this may sound harsh, but every chaos kingdom would welcome this and I doubt any would feel feel threatened by it.

Enjoyed the read though...keep it coming.

Every time i see threads like this one, they make me wanna to move in Chaos.. Not to the 'invaders' side or the 'defender' either but, just because it sounds fun.  ;)

In some weeks/months ago i got bit twisted plan in shady corner of my mind that included similarities with facts in this thread, i fantasied about some event that could make difference in power balance in Chaos.

Then i thought it bit deeply in a lonely day on my deed and found out that if my experience is limited to feel dominance over lowly mobs like wild cats and bears, it would turn to something else if i continue my plan to the point of pvp. 

Well, if i would move there i am sure how it will end, i would be slaughtered in nano seconds by someone else who have least some experience for ways of server. 

I wont mind to get killed and my stuff looted time after time but, what i mind is my reputation in Wurm generally, it has took time to get least decent reputation and i dont want to lose it by some stupid feuds with some random ppl for random reasons.

Also, i cant see reason to go in Chaos for Freedom, if you want to be in Freedom kingdom, do it in pve servers. They are much safer to you and your stuff as well.  :P

• Like 1

Every time i see threads like this one, they make me wanna to move in Chaos.. Not to the 'invaders' side or the 'defender' either but, just because it sounds fun.  ;)

In some weeks/months ago i got bit twisted plan in shady corner of my mind that included similarities with facts in this thread, i fantasied about some event that could make difference in power balance in Chaos.

Then i thought it bit deeply in a lonely day on my deed and found out that if my experience is limited to feel dominance over lowly mobs like wild cats and bears, it would turn to something else if i continue my plan to the point of pvp. 

Well, if i would move there i am sure how it will end, i would be slaughtered in nano seconds by someone else who have least some experience for ways of server. 

I wont mind to get killed and my stuff looted time after time but, what i mind is my reputation in Wurm generally, it has took time to get least decent reputation and i dont want to lose it by some stupid feuds with some random ppl for random reasons.

Also, i cant see reason to go in Chaos for Freedom, if you want to be in Freedom kingdom, do it in pve servers. They are much safer to you and your stuff as well.  :P

For those that want PvP they will get a much more rewarding experience from joining a kingdom here and being part of it rather then trying to show solidarity to "Freedom isles" when there is really no point since there is no real viable way to use the Freedom Isles kingdom here on Chaos effectively against full PMKs that are already well organized and experienced at fighting in teams.

The PvP aspect of this game is fun and interesting, and to me is rarely just about loot, etc. (Although that is a good incentive ;) )  Fighting here is a community event that friends share and have fun.  In many of our raid videos you can see that, as it's like a family outing with the kids on the weekend as we just enjoy the experience and have fun and make each other laugh, over TS and do something as a group.   

If you feel the need to raid, treat it as that.  A fun event, and not just a political statement, or some troll post joke that inspires flame bait.    

Edited by Battlepaw

hey

ill lead + plan ur raid as long as you provide everyone in bl-epic with a good account, guaranteed success.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

hey

ill lead + plan ur raid as long as you provide everyone in bl-epic with a good account, guaranteed success.

• Like 1

Oh, hey. When you guys come over, bring camelia please.  I'm too lazy to harvest it myself.

• Like 1

hey

I'll be waiting for you at Kratos. 

As the mayor of Kratos and the Chei of Empire of Mol Rehan I'd formally like to issue an invitation this group to raid Kratos.

Loot includes plenty of Scale, Drake, Artifacts, Addy and Glimmer lump in large amounts, Fountain Containers, Rare + Supreme items beyond counting and enchanted tools, weapons and armor beyond imagining. The raid would be difficult and hard fought however with enough people anything is possible. Now you may be wondering why would I invite players to come raid my deed? Because it would be hella fun. It's also worth mentioning that Kratos is 10mins sail from the east border so easily accessible for a raiding part from Freedom. 

If a freedom raid were to occur on Chaos then I would move rowboats and sailboats The Landing and ferry people back to freedom the day after the raid so they are not stuck on Chaos.

• Like 4

Hmm, if only they would try to raid chaos, the coin i would earn from Plate armor sales....

Unless you actively talking about chaos kingdoms, not much effect. I identify some people on forum that rather to talk like they still factionless (or  freedomer so to say)as they don't feel the need to participate talking about the pvp side. Tho most do talk about their kingdoms as they found the kingdoms' we-teamwork-or-defeated experiences sorta out-weight theirs previous wurm community experiences. Its back again to individual attitudes. 

As the mayor of Kratos and the Chei of Empire of Mol Rehan I'd formally like to issue an invitation this group to raid Kratos.

Now you may be wondering why would I invite players to come raid my deed?

If a freedom raid were to occur on Chaos then I would move rowboats and sailboats The Landing and ferry people back to freedom the day after the raid so they are not stuck on Chaos.