Sign in to follow this  
Diarmuid

Fun Idea: Sacking Chaos

Do you love me that much demondan or you don't want to wet your pants? :P

i read that as you were going to make my pants wet. read it twice the same way, read it three times and i still read it that way. 

So i will take you up on that offer, see you in a few months  B)

Edited by demondan

'runs through Kratos naked '

Don't fall out a door and off a cliff. 0/10 would not blindly run through Kratos again :P

I guess this could really work. Even if 'only' 50-70 players from Xanadu came, which is approx 10% of the players there to my knowledge... and then again 5-10 players from the other Freedom servers, the numbers would be vast.

I'd love to see this, even though the current plan goes against my own kingdom. Lol.

However, people have voiced serious concerns for those who plan to attend this. You'll truly have to get organized beforehand.

But I have seen Freedomer come together, e.g. for server openings etc to plan huge groups to travel via boat.

So why should this not work?

All you'd have to do is ensure everyone is equipped and you've a channel through which you communicate.

In the end, we're playing wurm and the one phrase "Numbers matter" accounts for all aspects of the game.

Its time to build more rowboats for rescue purposes.

I can offer - heavily overpriced - transport services, back to freedom, after the invasion. :P

• Like 1

Great Idea. Sorry i cant come, my back hurts a bit and my ol' leg has gone funny.

The raid leader that got the experience Member Since 25-August 14, and the great advantage of this surprice attack, the chaos people wont even know what hit them. What can possibly go wrong, you guys will win for sure.

Please take some screenhots =)

i read that as you were going to make my pants wet. read it twice the same way, read it three times and i still read it that way. 

So i will take you up on that offer, see you in a few months  B)

That is unexpected meaning / reaction but if you dare to come to Indonesia... *evil grins*

As for the whole idea, well I guess lets see how it happens... I have says what I feel I need to say. 

Edited by rosedragon

I'd love to go but I fear the brain damage I'd receive from chat would be something I'd never recover from. 

• Like 1

The population of the freedom servers is very high, and if "Xanado" people are up for it..it will be the victory of freedom isles after a long time on chaos, if some 100 freedomers gather up and they have a good leader, they can surely do some miracle, but if they are unorganised and running around like idiots, they will just end up DEAD in no time.

'If' This ever happened I would be very amused to see how well it could be organised

There is a serious problem with going on this lark. Your character could be intentionally stranded upon Chaos if you happen to be unpopular with some of these residents for whatever reason. By stealing your ship used to travel there and looting all your items, you will be a long time rebuilding a new one to once again depart from this fun idea of a visit there.

Also, your name will be on constant watch distributed to others of like mind who will send one or a few out to kill you wherever your name is seen within their local area. Maybe if they think you are a ok person you will be left to depart in peace, sans your items that they take a liking to; but, if you have ever said anything that they do not approve of, I would advise finding your fun elsewhere.

At any rate, if some see this as their idea of a fun time, just be sure to take nothing with you there that you have any concern about returning with. With this in mind and no expectation of anything but a few deaths, it might actually be fun for some and a learning experience in what Wurm pvp actually consists of.

As for me, I don't need to jump off a bridge to know what the end result will be.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 3

You should all be sure to stop in for a lovely cup of tea and a nice cheese sandwich.

• Like 2

oh my.  there are so many, SO MANY reason I'd love to see this happen.  Even if you did take demondan's advice and raid BL.  This would be so epic.

• Like 1

There is a serious problem with going on this lark. Your character could be intentionally stranded upon Chaos if you happen to be unpopular with some of these residents for whatever reason. By stealing your ship used to travel there and looting all your items, you will be a long time rebuilding a new one to once again depart from this fun idea of a visit there.

Also, your name will be on constant watch distributed to others of like mind who will send one or a few out to kill you wherever your name is seen within their local area. Maybe if they think you are a ok person you will be left to depart in peace, sans your items that they take a liking to; but, if you have ever said anything that they do not approve of, I would advise finding your fun elsewhere.

At any rate, if some see this as their idea of a fun time, just be sure to take nothing with you there that you have any concern about returning with. With this in mind and no expectation of anything but a few deaths, it might actually be fun for some and a learning experience in what Wurm pvp actually consists of.

As for me, I don't need to jump off a bridge to know what the end result will be.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

You really doubt the end result of the lemmings Lance? Or do you just take issue with Ayes?

Edited by Pingpong
  • Like 1

Hmmm personally no matter who your trying to attack on chaos i think you have already lost the élément of surprise. posting this in a forum everyone including chaos people can see. but i wish you all good luck chaos and freedomers who join in.

What is this?....

So, as with all thigns born of late night Freedom chat this is absolutely insane, but bear with me.

Raid on Chaos? Sounds fun right?

We could establish a Xanadian Kingdom there. Just get a few hundred or so Xanadians to charge the eastern coast of Chaos at once, they'll be overwhelmed.

I want to hear what people think about this, and though originally this was a joke, maybe we could pull it off.

:P

What?

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

This guy has a clue imo.

We would kill everyone, then kill them all again with freedom alts, so you can never leave chaos :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

and this guy just told us how he would work to keep us on Chaos indefinitely. He and others would plan things out as to make sure our reputation gets negative for Freedom servers and we will never be able to return to our deeds on any Freedom server until we got our reputations fixed (if I understand the reputation system correctly). A win for him and how he plays the game, a lose for me and how I play the game. Even if our "Freedom Horde" won a few battles we would be losing the war the minute we crossed over to Chaos. Wurm is played different there and we Freedom would not know what we were doing.

Sometimes certain groups of people should have sense enough to stay apart.

Edited by geode

The majority of us that play on Chaos /Wild will only kill people that are premium, have some fight skill, and are wearing some armour. Those that do not allign to this unwritten rule are not decent players.

I will put my 2 cents into this jar.

I probably have the most successful experience running a freedom movement on chaos.. ( If someone knows of a better advance then our freedom movement please let me know) With that said, the idea may sound FUN to SACK chaos, but honestly that type of mentality starting off is what is going to get you slaughtered by pretty much all kingdoms on chaos. Not only that, but with that type of mentality starting off you also miss a lot of what chaos life really is. 

I would like to start out first by saying, that I highly doubt all of freedom servers would even be able to get near 50 players, because on numerous occasions of talking about chaos on freedom chat, the vast majority seem to have no interest at all of chaos, and these players are the ones you would actually need to come over to chaos as they have the toons who are super toons that would be able to make a difference in a fight. Then again, perhaps with someone the freedom community trusts might be able to make it happen, I dont know. But the idea still remains of just sacking Chaos, which means you will have no home to respawn at, you will have no home to arrive to. Upon crossing over to chaos, your group would be a target against all. There are many other ways to go about actually having some fun on chaos as a freedom group, but to come over with the mentality i see written on these forums threads, I only foresee a bunch of really pissed off players and perhaps some stranded.

A little tip for you freedomers who would love to actually see what chaos is about.... Politics goes a very very long way on chaos, now with that said dont think that making a non aggression pact is all you will need to do, as our kingdom Ebonaura has had similar pacts with the kingdoms on chaos for our birth and we have still been attacked by every kingdom regardless. But non the less Politics still plays a very heavy role on chaos, and if you choose to bypass it you will also be choosing an early failure.

One last thing, there are plenty of kingdoms that have players or groups that do have some of your freedom views, Hashirama a very outspoken one will and has tried to pull you under his broken wing, but there are also others that probably would like to help providing the idea is more then just sacking, and more about teaching those freedomers who really want to see what chaos is about. My suggestion is to do your homework on who is who on chaos and go from there.

Good luck.

• Like 5

Oh, the lag will be gigantic. Expect around one screen every 20 seconds or so with 100 players there. :)

BTW, plenty of Chaos people have characters (and sometimes even their main character) on Xanadu. Do you expect them to raid their own deeds?

Freedomers attacking major deeds in chaos is highly unlikely to yield any success. The optimal strategy would be to attack east shore deeds for three main reasons:

1)Smaller and weaker defences

2)Lower population count to defend

4)Very easy way to escape to freedom through the sea.

If you guys are serious about it, Mol Rehan controls pretty much most of the east shore. I could provide you with strategic details and map data ( which I stole from them ) to help you on your cause.

• Like 2

I will be completely honest with you - I think the idea (at least conceptually) is a great one. Let me explain.

People often complain that there isn't enough action on Chaos. But when action knocks at the door, we often huff and declare it a stupid idea. I say - let's run with some "stupid ideas". It may be crazy, but it may be fun! As Greasygrundle says in his signature: No good story ever started with "... and we had a salad."

Is the raid feasible? Sure it is. It has a potential of failing miserably, but there is a chance that if led well, it will take place on some level. It may not be a very strategic level - who knows - but can a group of Freedomers land on Chaos with swords and hopefully shields and look for trouble? Sure they can.

Is the raid mechanically possible? Who knows. The lag may eat most participants, the spirit drakes may show up to claim some attackers instead, the timing of all the different timezones may interfere, global warming may claim a few countries... too many variables to list. But sitting home and not even trying is simply more of the same. It's easy and it's safe. And if there is one thing that we know about Chaos is that it is not easy and safe. It may not be the best introduction of that continent to most Freedomers, but it will give at least a taste of what's in store for a permanent resident. Who knows, some may decide to come back later and join the fight for real.

Can the raid successfully sack Chaos? Perhaps not. There is a lot to be said about PvP experience and there is a strong possibility that the numbers of Freedomers and the difficulty of coordinating such a large group will make it implode. Chaos is a large server so the goals of the "sack" have to be modest. And of course, the PvPers from Chaos will hit like trucks. It may be a complete and utter rout. Or maybe not. But it could still be fun.

Chaos has felt neglected for some time, especially since the arrival of Xanadu, which seemingly put it at the end of the world. Well, let's bring some of that attention back. Freedom has its Impalong. Chaos can throw a party too! Just bring your shield.

Imagine this... a group of Freedom raiders shows up on Chaos led by an experienced PvPer. It descends on shore in multiple ships. Once there, it heads for the nearest deed to make its first conquest. If no Chaos kingdoms decide to use the invasion politically to weaken an enemy, they may all show up - like a small army - to defend. Or ambush. Or both. A battle ensues and let's say Chaos wins. The Freedomers are scattered, respawning together with nothing. The raid failed. But now they must make their way back. Their ships have been taken. They are stuck on Chaos in their pajamas and now must build vessels to get back to Freedom. As they do that, they are attacked by Chaos in retaliation (seems just, since they were the aggressors). They can try to negotiate truce with Chaos, pay for passage with work or silver, or simply survive and hope to get away.

Yes, yes... I know. A lot of things can go wrong here. Some Chaos players can get overzealous and ride the Freedomers too hard. Some Freedomers may decide that 30 characters with shovels can create a lot of havoc. Players with fragile egos may be pissed off at the harassment and blame the PvPers of being unreasonable. The PvPers can get tired of whining and just shuttle everyone home just to shut them up. Some important items may be accidentally taken to Chaos by Freedomers and drama may ensue about them once they are lost. Lag or performance issues can eat up half the combatants and they will start complaining about Wurm in general. Many, many other things can go wrong. And you know what? Some probably will.

But at the end of the day, what's the worst that can happen? Some egos will be bruised (happens every day anyways), some rants may follow (we excel at those already) and the boards may be livid for a week or two. Well, they are livid every day, so no news there. In the end, however, despite all that can go wrong and all that seemingly appears doomed to fail, there is that chance - that golden chance - that those with the right mindset and understanding of what they are doing will have a blast. It may take a while to get out of it, but at the end of the month we'll all be able to say:

"Man, that Chaos raid was a mess. But goddamnit I was there!"

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 4