Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Why can't a pelt fit into a backpack?

I am just curious as to what the reasoning is that made the developers make it so a pelt does not fit in a backpack. Is there some kind of unbalancing that would be tipped if they let them be?  I just don't see it and i want to keep it with the rest of my blacksmith tools tucked away in the backpack.  

Anyway i was just wondering... i did not think it merited as a suggestion and wanted to rant about it someplace, lol

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 14

That would make Wurm too easy.

*/sarcasm*

Pelts can't be that big, considering you can use one to polish a needle. Would be nice to be able to store them along with the rest of your tools. (I tried putting in a backpack too just a few days ago to store my BS tools)

• Like 1

yea..i asked my self that too..it's funny becouse you can fit lots of leather in a backpack whitch is alot more..

That would make Wurm too easy.

This, so so much.  

It would be game breaking, They should never allow it. stop asking for wurm to be easier Kegan.  for god sakes man.

No seriously, why CAN'T I PUT MY BLOODY PELT IN MY BACKPACK?!?!?!? GAH!

No seriously, why CAN'T I PUT MY BLOODY PELT IN MY BACKPACK?!?!?!? GAH!

Well we don't use that bloody pelt on our tools and weapons it is cleaned off ofc so it would not get any blood in or on the backpack.  I mean we can put meat in one so i am not seeing much of a difference there from a realistic prospective, lol 

Anyway i know it is not going to change but it is just one of the many things that i find frustrating to have to deal with. 

Edited by Kegan

more to the point, I can fit 4 24kg logs in an altar, but I can't fit a pelt in there?  I always end up with a bunch of mid-QL pelts that I'd love to offload on Vy the hoarder...

Don't worry guys. We can have fur, leather and hide in a backpack. Close enough right? :P

I keep all smaller tools in a backpack within my inventory and the pelt is the only thing that won't fit inside. Always is an irritation to see within the inventory since it is rarely used. This post does seem to me a merit within the S&I section, where then the Dev's spies would see it as such and perhaps then bring it to their attention.

=Ayes=

Right click inventory, create group, name it as u wish. Fits pelt, saves u 2 kilo.

Job done

• Like 1

pelts dont fit in because of the size of them... (not weight, not volume... size!)

moved to suggestions board

Sure but a pelt can be rolled, folded, packed, stamped, run over, etc.

• Like 1

Recent discoveries at the Small Faceplam Collider have shed light on this. The current thinking is that there are no "pelts"...as in plural, but in fact there is only one Pelt that exists in the higher (3rd through 6th) dimensions not present in our universe. Being an extra-dimensional structure, most containers are unable to maintain internal integrity under such forces.

Seriously though, been complained about for years (along with the insane decay out of inventory) so please fix at the earliest convenience.

• Like 9

Next thing you know, people will be asking to put cooking cauldrons in their ovens. You have to draw the line someplace or you end up pandering to the masses. 

• Like 5

Recent discoveries at the Small Faceplam Collider have shed light on this. The current thinking is that there are no "pelts"...as in plural, but in fact there is only one Pelt that exists in the higher (3rd through 6th) dimensions not present in our universe. Being an extra-dimensional structure, most containers are unable to maintain internal integrity under such forces.

Small Facepalm Collider! Ahh, now you are speaking my linguistics with this meaningful reference of signification. The location of this facility must be kept under deep cover I suppose, due to the reddened faces resulting from such slaphappy inverse reactions. No wonder few Wurmantites have never heard of reading of the simultaneous simile similarities concerning dimensional distortments unabling compactation into lesser more confined reductive constrictures.

If then there is actually only one *Pelt*, then it falls into unreasonableness that it is a godlike entity which can not be tampered with due to the God Regulatory Commission established within these particulates in that time long ago before previous existences prevailed. The light shed by the SFC must then have been dimmed due to the semi comatose state of no other appropriate regulatory agency referencing these suggestives to powers in higher places undisclosed.

Beware your revelations upon this forum good sir, for although they might be enlightening, there are few who maintain the appropriate displacement capabilities to enfold them within their own constructs of inevitability.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Holy bro, I don't understand a word of this and i have had English in school for like 10 years

OMG cauldrons in ovens!?

Stop the madness!

This!

Everyone knows you are supposed to use your chained dragons to heat them.

Holy ##### bro, I don't understand a word of this and i have had English in school for like 10 years

You could say the same in just 10 words.

It's not THAT hard to understand Ayes...

Cauldrons in ovens is a size issue too.

You could say the same in just 10 words.

It's not THAT hard to understand Ayes...

Cauldrons in ovens is a size issue too.

Buy a backpack fountain then you have obviously a pelt in a backpack...

But I agree on that size issues need to be fixed.

Edited by Sklo:D

Holy ###### bro, I don't understand a word of this and i have had English in school for like 10 years