Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 39

Btw I hope at some point we will have a round of: PvE Changes Feedback submissions.

So we also have the opportunity of get something in the line of: We will not treat this thread casually and will be able to weigh your arguments accordingly.

Edited by KunAlt
  • Like 1

what would you want to change in pve combat...?

I'm actually quite curious.

what would you want to change in pve combat...?

I'm actually quite curious.

where or wen I mentioned pve combat?

i´m even more curious than you

Edited by KunAlt

where or wen I mentioned pve combat?

i´m even more curious than you

pve means Player Versus Enviroment.... -.-'

Edited by Zekezor

pve means Player Versus Enviroment.... -.-'

Since you are obviously trying to troll me for some reason, i prefer to drop this meaningless discussion right here.

Select Bar

SelectBar.png

Will this only be available for the Ironwood skin or will it be in all?

@Ayes: You can toggle the selection bar on/off, right click works just as before. You can still even right click at the bar as it is today. 

Cheers!

Edit:  (@bwg: It will be available in all skins but have that same look as in the image.) Sorry this isn't true I have been told. It will use the simple bar. 

• Like 2

Awesome. I can't wait to sport that new bear headgear!

Will there be a black bear version of it?

When I saw the news picture I immediately thought, "Oh, look Wurm is adding bear costumes". A hat is still pretty cool. Any plans to add taxidermy hats made from other creatures?

sheep...eh. I like the idea but I think it's a mistake to add more burden on Wurm's already over capacity animal/breeding system. Its not going to be easy to change our farm-animal system but it would be well wort it. I really dislike the current P2W practice of only letting rich players have lots of animals. An optional Barn for players with smaller deeds would be a welcome addition.

**Barn** If you think barns won't work, this paragraph is for you, otherwise stop reading now. 

A barn is a single object that converts large herds of individual animals to one of the barn's variable (animal count). All animals stored in a barn are archived server side and don't need any AI attention. The barn once a day runs a simultaneous equation using common sense values to asses how well the player is taking care of the animals inside. Expected variables like: food stock, over time group nutrition metric, cleanliness factor, animal count. If you provide poor care for the barn random animals start dying. An animal's death results in deleting its archive.

-- players coming in and out of local only need to fetch a single object. Although, it will likely be a complicated object.

-- instead of running AI on multiple animals multiple times an hour, the server only has to do a single simultaneous equation once a day.

What do we see and how does the client deal with barns?

1. Maximize immersion version. Lets not kid ourselves, this is very difficult. We could use seeded random mathematics and client side resources to move the animals around inside a pen. The barn object would provide animal's: color, name, and age-relate value. With this we could show accurate representations of contained animals and move them around inside a pen. Everyone would see the same thing and the server doesn't have to do any of the pathfinder work.

2. Simplified version. I'm pretty sure this could be done with ease. Barns are a static box looking thing. you put animals inside it and don't see them while they are inside.

I can tell you who's going to be wearing that bear hat......

VALDOR! VALDOR! VALDOR!

• Like 3

Please stop wasting our time with such "pretty" things and fix bugs

Please stop wasting our time with such "pretty" things and fix bugs

Yeah I wish the guy that made the bear hat would fix the memory leak ;)

• Like 3

Sheep!!

Maybe now we can get some real clothing, not the one and only set making us look like some parrots :P

Also, maybe the wool/clothes could be dyed ??

*keeps on dreaming*

Still in progress. They need some further coding for functionality. As we mentioned we are are making them changeable between trimmed and trimless with a tool.

Whoot! Glad to hear that I won't have to knock down all the walls I just built to make them trimless.

Indoor View Distance.

This one is short, simple but oh so sweet.

You will now have the same view distance you have outdoors, indoors.

In other words, items will not disappear at the far end of a large room.

Bear in mind though that this is only true whilst indoors.

When you are outside looking in, the same restrictions as before with short view distance is still the same.

This is of course to save on performance.

Particularly in cities due to the ridiculous amount of stuff that tend to accumulate inside Wurmians residences over time.

Can we please have control over the outside-in view distance ourselves? Or at least you could exclude lamps from this restriction. I see that braziers are excluded already.

Please remember sheep must have a load option on a catapult.

• Like 5

Okay so can we get this sorted:
Will we be able to keep the old Select bar if we so wish?

• Like 1