Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

New round of PvP Feedback.

I think the people above me have listed enough changes that I don't need to talk about that so I'll keep this simple

make pvp have a purpose - at the moment pvp is nothing more the legalized griefing of people weaker then you - that really doesn't help the game as mostly noobs get massacred and quit losing population and cash flow so create a reason for people to pvp in quests or events that gives pro's cons to kingdoms - there is so many excellent options that could be made very simply - I know 60-70 pvpers who just got bored and quit wurm not because it was not fun anymore but because they felt like they were just bullying small people - they found no interest in just destroying peoples lively hoods in game by killing 150 horses or caving in all there mines - and those that do enjoy this kinda thing (20-30 people outta 300) are the minority and while they generally seem to have the biggest mouths (we all know its true guys) they don't really have the best interest of the game in mind just their own fun - so a few ideas of things to add

Capital - these special towns create a barrier at the king/queens elevation deed that stops enemy kingdom members unless it was drained in last 12 hours - this would create a reason for larger scale pvp as people from homelands and elevation come together to defend it also would stop just random noob stomping and increase wurm population as well as cash flow

items of power - these special items allow for altars to be made (smaller versions of BL/WL master location) with different benefits - 1st being you could use them to priest up - larger faith radius for All faiths of said WL/BL side - these items can be destroyed allowing new objects to be found to construct new ones - more benefits could be added such as minor xp bonuses or slowly gaining sleep boost when near them

these are only 2 of a few hundred ideas that would add some objective to pvp at same time it would keep the sandbox theme undisturbed that while adding a reason to defend a town it does not auto build or change the rules just gives it a reason to work towards siege larger deeds and keep the fighting as real combat not noob stomping which is just killing wurm pvp as the people who seem to enjoy this seem to have way to much free time on there hands sometimes as much as 10+ hours 4-5 days a week to destroy towns which most players simply can't defend against since they have family's or jobs to go to or are asleep

• Like 4

Critical hits need looking at IMO.

They have never bothered me an awful lot because I have got SoTG; but anyone who does not have SoTG who is on the recieving end of a critical hit from either someone wielding a artifact or a mag/hate 2H can literally die in one hit; I've seen it numerous times and I just don't see what it adds to the game; people should die because they get outplayed or outskilled not because they get a unlucky RNG roll.

• Like 14

3 min cd on teleports after crossing a server border.

To prevent people from teleporting away from persuers the moment they cross a server border. (and thereby bypassing the "cant teleport while hostiles are in local" feature that was implemented)

Edited by MetalDragon
  • Like 9

Balance Armour types against weapon types to create a pseudo class system, currently Plate is the minimum armour to have unless you want to get smashed in less than 30 seconds

-Make different armor have different damage reduction against different kinds of damage 

-Make heavy armours increase swing timer by someodd percentage

-Increase max damage reduction of chain/studded/leather by 5%

-Metal amours should make you take ~10% more spell damage

?Mabye make Shield size count in some way, inceased swing timer and block % on bigger shields?

-Large Shield 10% increased swing timer and 10% more block

-Medium Shield would be the same as now

-Small shield 10% decreased swing timer and 10% less block

^Just to try and make it to where you have to actually  think about what armour and shield you choose, rather than getting a plate set and w/e shield you want because the difference between them is meh

Critical hits shouldn't be a thing.

SotG should have max of 25% damage reduction

Hate should make you immune to Weapon Enchantments

I've read that Rotting Touch doesn't do as much extra damage as Frost Brand or Flaming Aura, they should all do the same if that is true.

Face Shots on players with archery shouldn't be a thing.

Remove Deed Ratio.

Make LoF/SoL heal a % based on cast power, max 40-50% heal, Scorn should heal somewhat less due to also being a AoE damage spell. Scorn is also a 15 seconds cast iirc, should be 10 seconds

Remove ability to equip weapons on zombie trolls, allow dominated trolls to have their shod clubs reequipped

Cut Cure Light cast timer in half, make it heal 15 damage max based on cast power, would heal a random wound, cast on overall body or another player, increase cast range to 1.5-2 tiles

Nerf oakshell on horses, make it more even with iron barding, it will still be advantageous due to no speed reduction, mabye make it to where you can see the cast time on examine

Edited by Gone420
  • Like 12

Make Libilas damage spells not negate armor like all others, or make all spells negate armor..

• Like 1

Zombie trolls can potentially be balanced by enabling other tamed/dominated trolls to be equipped. Or rather enabling the equipping of any humanoid pet: troll, goblin, giant?, human, etc.

On the matter of equipping humans, Ive always felt the tower guard (tg)-equipping feature needs looking at.

A major problem with it is that any char within the kingdom can remove or equip tg. Perhaps limit this to certain people or kingdom offices for the guards to obey. Some kind of permission system for each member role akin to village roles? Perhaps even setup a different equipping system, such as a weapon / armor cache for each tower.

And then there's the potential for mounted guards and guards using bows, not to mention this for deed guards. Maybe such can be an added bonus for towers built on deeds.

In regards to Locks, aye the picked lock timers are rather short. The aforementioned usage of ships in place of chests, personally a small sail/row boat should be on par with a large chest in difficulty.

Keybinds: catapult... would. be. awesome. There's already timers on the individual actions, so the real impact of keybinds for winching, loading, and firing would be to save wrists, and then there's the thievery actions. Some even suggest archery off and on.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

I would look to see damage bonuses and weaknesses on armour types, or atleast a more seeable one - rather than say 50% damage reduction on everything, could be 70% damage reductions from blades and 40% damage reduction from mauls, etc.

• Like 2

My suggestion - Separate BL into 3 gods so every single ability isnt on a single OP platform.

• Like 4

Hello Wurm Devs and fellow wurmians.

The PVP system needs a lot of work we all know that so I am going to throw in a few ideas and hopefully you and the Devs like the ideas…. So lets gets started….

TLDR – VERSION

·         Sieges on Deeds to allow removal of deeds

·         Towers/Land grabbing Cap the amounts of towers allowed per kingdom and influence

·         Meditation – Give all Meditation a 25% passive at level 11 but they also get 2 x -12.5% buffs aswell

·         Hota and games – Allow Hota to randomly spawn around Select locations on the map. Mini game events run by devs on weekends etc.

·         Artifacts – Stop recharging on arti’s so they eventually go back to the ground and have to be dug up.

·         White and Black Lights – Make centralised , Not bashable , not allowed to wall it in obstruct access

Sieges and Deeds.

Deeds are placed as a defensive and offensive  means to hold land/Strategic locations and Defend/Attack  other kingdoms. So Kingdoms spam deeds for this reason….. there is no real easy way to remove a deed and this causes issues as you can drain a deed several times before it disbands or if the defender wants can keep chucking silver on the deed.

So I would like to introduce the Siege Token !!!!

A Siege form can be purchased off a trader for 10s/20s/30s “Thoughts?†the Siege form can be placed creating a Siege token once a deed that has been successfully drained you will have to place it within 12 hours of the drain otherwise you have to wait till next drain time. The Siege Form has to be placed 10 tiles from that Enemy deed boarder.  

Once the siege form has been placed.

·         Server announcement   (INSERT  DEED NAME) Has been sieged)

·         Defending Deed owner must select a time for the siege to start within 36 hours of the placing of the siege form and only has a selection of 12-24 hours if a time is not selected by the deed owner siege will begin 12 hours after the 36 hour timer.   

·         No buildings walls around siege area etc.  against the rules to obstruct access to the siege placement

Once Siege is active.

·         Siege Token has Hitpoints equivalent to a 50ql tower and must be destroyed by the Defenders must be bashed like a tower.

·         Deed Token has Hitpoints equivalent to a 50ql tower and must be destroyed by the attacking side must be bashed like a tower.

·         Attacking players have the option to respawn at the Siege Token upon death as long as they are withing 40 tiles of it.

·         Defending players have the option to respawn at the deed as long as you are a member or within 40 tiles of the deed

The siege is finished 

·         If attacking Kingdom kills the Deed token the deed is destroyed and half the upkeep is given to the Siege Form placer and the other half into the coffers?

·         If the defending kingdom destroys the Siege token deed is immune from draining for 48 hours to allow rebuilds

·         If  there is no result on a winning side within 48 hours of the siege going active the siege token is destroyed and the token is immune from draining for 48 hours to allow for rebuilds.

Thoughts?

Towers and Land grabbing

Currently in “Chaos†not sure about Epic there a 2 main Kingdoms and 2 small kingdoms the map is owned by spamming towers for influence and deeds.

The game was originally built for Realm v Realm mechanics and so bringing in PMK’s at a later point has left the mechanics broken.  so on fixing this and allowing other PMK’s to grow and more to be created is to put a cap on towers and where they can be built.  Some possible fixes are as follows.

·         Towers can only be built within 1000 tiles N/E/S/W of the Capital City with the same rule of having to be 100 tiles apart.

·         You cant change capital city on a kingdom..  to stop tower spamming ^^

·         Your kingdom can build outside of this Radius but will not have the protection of towers. And other kingdoms can place a deed 100 tiles from that deed as no influence.

·         Hostile deeds cant be placed within 100 tiles of the capitals tower  influence.

Meditation

Currently the meditation paths are a bit broken so here are some ideas. There should never be a passive 50% damage resistance…  buff as this is way to OP so look at giving each path a 25% passive at level 11 and making there be 25% negative effects for going on a specific path. So here goes.

·         Insanity: passive 25% physical damage resistance buff with -12.5% healing -12.5 skill gain

·         Love: Passive 25% Healing buff with -12.5% physical Resistance buff  +12.5% Stamina loss

·         Hate: Passive 25% Elements and disease resistance buff -12.5% skill gain +12.5% Stamina loss

·         Power: Passive all your stamina losses are reduced by 25% buff -12.5% Healing -12.5% Elements and Disease resistance buff

·         Knowledge: Passive 25% skill gain buff -12.5% Physical resistance buff and -12.5% Elements  and disease buff

Hota and other games

To create pvp Content is needed to be made… so we should look at making Missions on Chaos /Epic more pvp focused also moving the Hota around so it’s not the same spawn area every time.

·         Move the hota around so its spawns randomly on select spots on the map so a dominating kingdom cant monopolize the area building safe deeds around it so you have exclusive rights to a game that’s meant for the server . This does not create PVP its destroys any sign of it.

·         Mini games are needed that allow the whole server to get involved… so possible  Dev run events on the weekend – have a centralised Fortification that a kingdom has to catch and hold for an hour or so “King of the hill†event with a prize to that kingdom at the end being “Moon metal or Something I don’t careâ€

Artifacts

Artifacts play a major part in PVP they are very strong….. weapons I have seen the sword of

Kill a 55 body char in 1 hit they either need to be toned down a little or do not allow             

recharging of the artefact this will allow the artifacts to respawn and allow for them to be

grabbed by other kingdoms as these are usally locked up in deeds etc and can also be

Monopolized.

·         Don’t allow artifacts to be recharged so they drop back into the ground and have to be found and dug up again.

White light and black light

Move the white light and black light to a Central location on the map. This is allowing all player to have access to the Lights.

·         Move black light and White light to central map 100-200 tiles apart..

·         General rule is no building or obstructing access to the lights and make it a bannable offense if done.

·         Make it so the lights are not bashable

·         Have the lights spawn  an avatar once a month so there is conflict around the lights possibly a good chance for Events on the server etc…?

MY PERSONAL THOUGHT.

RESET/NEW CHAOS MAP  so that new players are able to create and make

kingdoms if they wish without being pushed to a corner of a map as building somewhere is taking someone’s land in some way :P

Edited by hemrzz
  • Like 7

I think the point of PvP on Epic in my opinion is that the little guy can become the big fighter.  It’s meant to be expedited, fast-paced, and easy to get into.  Is it easier than Wild?  Yes, easily, and little windows of opportunities to bypass, however, that doesn’t mean the little guy at first isn’t going to get stepped on.  It's like a rite of passage almost.  If you want Wurm to grow, people to join, PvP, and have these large fights and kingdoms then you have to consider some changes to the game.  There are so many issues with Wurm PvP it is honestly hard to make a list and properly ranked them in importance because some indirectly are caused by others, and others you have to be fixed alongside others to really be effective.  I guess I’ll start broad with these three:  No variety, New Players, and Valrei + Epic. 

You have to look at two aspects:  What attracts new players, and what needs balancing for older players?  You have to always keep in mind what would make Wurm more appealing to new players interested in PvP because honestly a game that rattles around <100 players on its main server (elevation/chaos) really isn’t booming in success, and maybe older players have to accept changes.

The first biggest issue is that Wurm unintentionally funnels people to play a certain style and way because the truth is there’s a pretty linear design to win, and certain items will always trump other items, no matter what.  What if a new player joins an established PvP village and asks what items he needs to fight?  You can bet they’re going to say a sword/axe, shield, longbow, and plate.  Despite the wide selection, there’s limited viable options for PvP.  Cloth?  Forget it.  Leather?  Nope.  Studded?  Maybe for hunting?  Chain?  Have fun with that.  Plate?  Great!  Drake?  Awesome!  Scale?  Godlike!  So right away you pretty much limit the armor pool to three real choices, two of which are too rare on Epic to be considered frequently usable, so what you see is just a lot of people in plate.  Watch any PvP video and everyone is going to be wearing plate because if you dare step out of that meta (meta = the current items and build that is most successful) and try another armor type, you will so quickly be targeted and torn in a few shots.  Our meta on Epic is plate, longbow, weapon, and shield.  Nearly every player is going to fit that mold.  You can’t even consider cloth, leather, or studded for PvP.  Yes, Wurm may of implemented a rock-paper-scissor method of different armor to weapon types, but in the end everyone is going to always pick rock (plate) because it’s a rock, and it’s still the best because there’s no downsides of it, only positives. 

The issue is really plate has no cons.  One argument is it’s difficult to make and hard resources, however, on Epic that isn’t really the case.  It’s very easy to make, even for new players.  Comparing it to the next viable option down on the ladder, chain, plate can easily probably take twice the amount of hits if not triple, and not that much slower for movement.  I’m not a medieval historian by any means, but I don’t really know how viable and agile someone can be in plate, but I feel it’s a bit unrealistic.  Swinging a weapon every four seconds in a full steel plate set I feel would be exhausting after a few swings, and obviously plate would be impactful on your speed, swing timer, and stamina.  The pro should always be it’s very strong, very tanky, but honestly there is not enough cons to it that makes people look to other types of armor.  It still has fast movement speed, it doesn’t drain stamina that fast, it doesn’t affect swing timers, and it’s the strongest of all the armors.  What’s really the downside?  I can’t help but think that a man in a full plate set would easily be able to navigate around on horseback at 40+km/hr and easily do long-range archery, that to me is hard to believe.  Yes, Wurm isn’t 100% realistic, but that doesn’t mean it can’t have realistic balances based on reality.  You’re never going to see anyone playing anything different than what works because nothing else works. 

It’s not just armor either, there is much variety in Wurm, but regardless we as players create a meta that is a template for what works and what doesn’t.  So you may have 3 bow choices and 10+ wood choices, but guess what everyone is going to have almost guaranteed?  A willow longbow.   You’re not going to often shoot someone point blank with a short bow, the medium bow to me is just pointless, and the longbow will always be the most efficient and useful because of long-range attacks.   You have 6 shield choices, but what’s the best?  Unlike others, it doesn’t matter.  They all do the same in melee PvP, the only difference is how wide of a range they block arrows.  There’s just such limited variety, it’s just like clone wars out there on the battlefield, which means less variables to win.  It limits the game and PvP.  There’s no archers, tanks, healers, there’s just everyone playing the warrior.  So what really is the sense of all this extra options when only really one is viable?  It sucks.  Knowing those small variables means players can easily determine who can win and lose a fight merely by the names in a local list if you know the players.  For me the sense of the unknown faded because there’s no wiggle room for unexpected results. 

That is the thing about Wurm.  What makes it unique is its biggest perk, but it is also crippling—it’s sandbox, open, and player-driven.  Other MMOs typically have classes, talent trees, masteries, professions, skills, but not Wurm.  That is unique, sure, but when you have everyone playing with the same tools and toys, this is what happens.  People will find the best items possible to win, others will copy it, and it’s merely a copycat game mimicking other players.  So basically you find what’s the best, replicate it, and fight others using the same exact goods.  That to me is boring.  There are little to no differences aside from priests from Player A to Player B.  Now because of this you lead to problems really “outplaying†others.  I guess I am used to a platform that has different roles with more tactics behind it all, not just jumping on one guy and ganking him.  That’s not really great warfare, and gets old quickly.  Sure there’s priests and sorcery, but that’s not a big impact to actual PvP always, and it’s not something everyone can do/be at times.

Let me give you an example based off another game, League of Legends, which isn’t a great comparison because it’s not an MMORPG, but you will get the idea.  If someone plays maybe this killer assassin, and another person plays this healer tank, they’re two different realms, different purposes, different skills, different agendas, and different purposes.  When that assassin attacks that healer tank, they can outplay that person with certain skills, but you can rarely do that in Wurm because of how similar our characters are to one another.  It basically comes down to a few small variables that are uncontrollable at the very moment (Time played, account strength, sorcery buffs, meditation buffs, etc).  There’s just nothing that unique about our characters that set us apart that gives us a different range of abilities and choices against players.  I feel that’s very depriving, and once again is about the funneling of a meta. 

I don’t really know a solution because I think a real solution would take a lot of time, not a single post on a forum.  I don’t want to shift Wurm to this Korean MMORPG template of having classes because that would ruin the experience, but awhile back I had the idea to revamp sorcery, to add in a system that defined players by professions, and were granted abilities that cost karma as a replacement system for sorcery .  Basically a large amount (25-40) different titles you could become, Hunter, Deathknight, Necromancer, Occulist, like the titles now, everyone would have something a little different.  I’m not sure that’s the grandest idea, it has drawbacks, it’s overdone, but it’s variety, however, it has to be enough variety in which it would make a difference in fights.  Without variety in the mix you end up playing a pretty echoing game, same people, same weapons, same outcomes. 

Valrei was a total wash.  Sorry, but there’s nothing good that came of Valrei aside from karma.  That’s a cool feature although the uses for it are pretty limited.  As for the rest of Valrei, the demigod ascension doesn’t work, the Gods movements are funky, the prizes are either really good or really bad, and the prize selection is random and faulty.  There’s so much wrong with Valrei it’s hard to even know where to fix it. 

- I suppose the first issue is that prizes are so random that it’s almost pointless to really try to win because the reward can go to someone who killed a single cow for a mission and had 10 scenario points.  In general the prize itself is a bit of an unfair balance because it’s just based on being lucky on Valrei with movements, and if the prize drops to you or your friends.  It’s not based on your work, and that to me is the biggest issue.  It’s based on luck.  If you do work, you should be rewarded.  This is just a basic concept, but what if instead after a God wins, players with any scenario points in that corresponding kingdom is given a window of maybe 24 hours to randomly spend a large amount of karma (10,000-15,000) that will unlock a sorcerer ability.  It would be totally random, but at least it wouldn’t be based purely on luck, it would be based on spending what you have earned, and it’s far from easy for a player to just drop 15k.   Of course a maximum of five abilities should be set so people aren’t just flooded with sorcery spells, and only one purchase per win.  There are tons of people out there who’ve done tons of missions and come up empty-handed, while literally players who’ve quit and don’t have premium received the prize.  That’s a terrible system currently. 

- Demigod ascension needs to be faster.  You either ascend or descend, you don’t sit there for over a year twiddling your thumbs clueless, either win or lose, but stop this bogus stalling.  Epic was meant to have custom religions, and now two years later we haven’t even seen a new God. 

- Buffs/Debuffs are whatever, 10% for most now means they’re barely a big deal.  It was really broken when 50%, so this was a great downgrade buff. 

- The uses of karma for non-PvPers honestly is crap.  I don’t even know what that light crap does, the body retrieve thing is very situational.  The only really useful one is teleporting home.  Maybe more options could be added to this.  Filling food/water/nutrition, summon a little dog pet that is a pug, creating a yellow potion, etc.

- The building missions need a fix.   The problem with pylons, obelisks, all that dumb crap is that one person reeps the 1000 karma reward despite multiple people building it. 

Here are some smaller patches that could be easily added quickly:

Make some changes to plate, look at a system that better incorporates other viable options. 

Cooldowns on border crossings.

More siege weapons, add something close-range to bash walls directly instead of catapulting from tiles away.  They would do less damage, but be more easier to craft for small sneak attacks. 

All AoE pillars should do the exact same damage using different wound types.  They should all be equal and fair.  Fungus, Ice, Fire, Tentacles, all should be dealing like 2dmg/tick.  It makes no sense that one would do more, or two less, or whatever.  Just balance it evenly.

Remove Tentacles from Vynora, give it to Fo.  Fo has zero offensive spells, Vynora has 3, and she’s not even a combat-oriented God.  It sounds honestly like a Fo spell to begin with.

Similar to the above balance, zombie pets and dominated pets should share the same traits, damage, and abilities.  One shouldn’t be able to wield weapons and another shouldn’t, it’s a clear obvious advantage, and makes no sense at all. 

Shield of the Gone should probably be nerfed, it is as unbalanced as sorcery was originally despite the difficulty to get it, which frankly isn’t difficult just timely, it sort of breaks the whole even-playing-field vibe that Epic tried to achieve.  Maybe 25% damage reduction is a fair buff that’s noticeable and still strong without being completely overpowered.  The reward currently is just too strong. 

You should honestly just disable Valrei until you figure out a better system rather from scratch rather than trying to salvage this flooded vessel of an idea.  Sorry, but I don’t think there was a worst feature in Epic than Valrei itself.  It literally was disappointment after disappointment. 

Have nametags above player’s heads that are within 2 tiles of you including enemies for better team play and easier to call targets to support teamwork. 

Edited by Postes
  • Like 21

horses armors are just to heavy for horses... no one use em in pvp becose they slow down horses badly....that could be changed...  

faster boats needed as well...  or by ql or by woa or something... no one wana use 10 alts on it just to sail faster... another alt abuse

catapults need to be draged by horses....

sotg is overpowered...for pvp...  left is as it is on pve

Large metal shild at decent ql must protect better against arrows.... witch is not doing now better then other shilds....

• Like 1

If you are going to let dominated pets get equips then allow for lib priest to keep zombie animals alive longer than 24 hours. Or give lib followers a way to keep corpses from decaying.

Edited by Lunn
  • Like 1

Dont allow zombies being equipped,  but make sure there is a spell to cast on a corpse to reduce decay. Not reduce it by too much, but give some love to the fact that Hots have to kill and store it and the likely hood that it may not be used in pvp on chaos before it decays to much before pvp actually occurs. While WL can dominate champ creatures and can store them indefinitely with some care.

of course, the spell should be on a different libilla platform. Hots needs 3 gods.

Edited by demondan

The RNG hit chance in regards to weapon skill is absurd.

I understand mauls were over powered back in the day, but the fact that the small maul misses and glances so much is just plain stupid and makes the weapon (and the hundreds of hours I put into leveling it) useless and a total waste of time.

Hit chance based on weapon skill needs to be even across the board, while attack speed and damage should be the only thing that differs. If a maul or a war hammer "glanced" off someones armor, it would still dent the crap out of it and cause major damage. Why can't it be like the Elder Scrolls series? It's common sense swords would work the fastest, axes the second fastest, and mauls being the slowest.

The damage vs attack speed needs to go something like this.

Swords

1/2/3 - Speed

2/4/6 - Damage

Axes

.75/1.50/2.25 - Speed

3/6/9 - Damage

Mauls

.50/1.00/1.50 - Speed

4/8/12 - Damage

The RNG in Wurm's combat is the root of most of it's issues, so we need to try and work with it and make it as consistent as possible, since it's how the combat is designed.

Edited by Stormi

Whats wrong: Mag priests do not live up to their meaning. Rendering them useless. And all good abilities they have are pretty egocentric (I hit harder, I keep my items/skills)

They are outplayed by every other Priest.

Vynora, more and better combat spells, far superior enchants

Fo, healing, far superior enchants

Lib far superior combat spells, far superior enchants.

What to do:

Give Mag some unique combat spells allowing to be helpful in a team fight.

Some minor Damage increasing spell(compared to hell strength)

A local passive buff(5% region) no stack, damage or defend or health...../A spell to cast on a person that gives a local passive buff(5% region) no stack, damage or defend or health.....

An instant Damage AOE spell that give some stam to friends

Ability to drain stamina.(only priest that gives stam and should be able to reduce the enemies.

Ability to create a lava fiend out of the ground(zombie counterpart)

Unique enchant. allows to raise rock layers, like mortar(high favor cost)

Why are the passives not to strong/OP

On a pvp server people, have/try to get hate lvl 7 or insanity lvl 11. Gone is always the  longtime goal , so everybody heads to hate.

Now everybody has hate, which does twice the damage and does not stack. Given how rare pvp encounters are the cooldown of hate rarely every effects anybody and 15 minutes long pvp encounters are very uncommon. 

So no point being Mag priest when you have hate.

Since the keep items on 70 favor does no longer stack, there is no advantage and 5s isn't that big of a deal for most people.

This is the reason me and many other Mag priests depriested. No usefull Enchants and Combat spells that other have or even do better.

• Like 1

Meditation window of opertunity.

Either allow enlightenment to work how it was so that those who didn't get high on meditation paths with the meditation can catch up to those who don't and got enlightened, or to make it so you need the meditation to e able to have the effect work.

This will even out those who were lucky to use the window of opertunity with meditating.

• Like 4

Scaling issues.

The difference between low skill and high skill warriors is too great. A low level player will be wrecked so badly, so quickly its not funny.

The CR/QL comparison is very hostile to new players, I'm not saying that the below is the actual mechanism but it is meant to be descriptive.

So fs1 newbie is CR1 (maybe 0 if rounding down?)  while the fs 100 master is at CR20 so 20x more effective

I think the same kind of logic gets applied to gear too, so that newbie 5QL sword isn't going to be worth much against that 90LQ sword the master has, a factor of 18x here.

Run through all the gear and I'd probably sooner bet on a kitten in front of a steamroller than the newbie. Its not that its a guaranteed death, its the degree by which they are going to be destroyed,

Instead there should be a base line system, everything type of thing has its base effectiveness and CR/QL acts as a boost.

For example

all humans could have a base of 10CR and each 5FS adds 0.5 CR so in the example above the newbie has 10CR while the master still has 20CR. That newbie is still going to die but possibly not quite so quickly. Trolls may have a base of 15CR meaning they are a hard enemy while rats may only have a base  of 4 CR meaning even new players should win out against them.

The same can go for weapons, in terms of combat all weapons could start with an effective PvP value of 50QL and the actual QL adds 0.5 PvP effectiveness to the weapon. 

In both cases the best is still the best but the worst is nowhere near as bad. 

I would also suggest addressing the scale of enchant bonuses too but that would get me shouted at.... :huh:

• Like 1

Not a pvper, but something I think that could help those in pvp get back out there quicker (and have seen mentioned in the past)

Removal of ratio on pvp servers (elevation/chaos) - The ratio is designed to stop animal hoarding, and causing issues with server numbers, on pvp servers though, supply of horses is paramount to fighting, as each encounter usually results in a few losses, with the ratio removed more 5 speeds can be on hand and help players get back into the fray.

Increase imrprovement speeds of horseshoes by 4 - Horse shoes are currently a pain to imp, and each horse requires four, so you'll always be working on a set of four, speeding up the imp factor by 4 simply leaves the whole set taking the time of imping one item to 90, and means quicker replacements of lost parts due to pvp.

Creation ql arrows - by allowing the usual creation ql mechanics to be in effect here means getting back that lost quiver is a lot faster, with head determining max ql, and shaft determining creation success, with skill and rng affecting result.

Edited by Archaed
  • Like 2

Valerei mission rewards.

1. Current system of rewards is very odd... seems to avoid rewarding most dedicated people, such rng is bad and demotivating. Every work should be rewarded and today when our god is winning people who spend alot of their time to do the missions are simply shafted.

2. Change it to: Once your god win scenario, besides regular sorcery item reward, everyone(from wining faction) will be able to buy 1 (one per god victory) sorcery abitily of their choice from settlement token for 50.000 karma(amount may be tweaked up or down). In long run every dedicated player will get the reward without blocking casuals from a chance of getting it.

• Like 1

Leave SOTG the way it is. If you want it simply skill up meditation and get it.  If you prefer something else don't complain because someone has it.  There is nothing stopping anyone of you from getting it.  Wurm is not an instant gratification game and you should have to work for what you want.  

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 6

Make SOTG timed ability 1 time use per day lasting 15 minutes, same as the powerpath ability. Make it Power 15% damage reduction.

OR Make SOTG permanent damage reduction Power 10%.

Make all priest be able to do Everything except improve.

• Like 1

SOTG should not be nerfed past 25%, that is silly.

People spent YEARS getting it, let them enjoy it.

• Like 6

level 11 abilities are probably going to stay passive, making it timed wouldn't really be a good change, toning it down would be a cool step though

• Like 6

allow us to leave chaos on the western border aswell

• Like 2

Nothing stopping devs to offer a free transfer between meditation paths should they be tweaked..... Time is no reason to get things balanced when there's ways to make things no time lost.

• Like 1