Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Mailbox Size (!), Spell tweaks, armour bugfix

• Mailboxes now have a lot larger size

I don't see why you decided to make the mailboxes look a lot larger now. The size and thus the appearance of them looks very nice as it is. Oh well, more unnecessary cosmetic changes. Not surprising I guess.

Wouldn't it have been better to increase their capacity instead? Or better yet, just code them to enable the mailing of all items that can be placed into them. Kind of disappointed with this look of size increase really. Maybe once I see them in game again they won't look so bad, so I can't say for certain yet.

=Ayes=

Mailbox size increase - awesome!  Long time coming, but thank you for finally doing it!  Any chance of a final push to get stuff like rods and long bows in?

mail boxes are bigger?!

*checks the calender to make sure its not April 1st.

All they need to do now is tweak fire pillars damage to a less obscene level and we're on the right track.

Firepillar (and icepillar, for that matter) have done consistently less damage than fungus trap for as long as I can recall.  I honestly don't know why you think that firepillar does a lot of damage, because it doesn't.  It's like a warm breeze on a summer day at best.

• Like 1

All they need to do now is tweak fire pillars damage to a less obscene level and we're on the right track.

When one is staring down the business end of a weapon, it always looks bigger than it really is.

Granted even simulated fire is damn scary.

Awesome. This update comes 30 minutes after I finish an arduous 6 km/h trip around half of Xanadu to restock merchants with a variety of weapons and tools that simply will not be mailed ... until now.

I'll be hanging myself in about 3 more hours when I finish sailing home. #fml

I'd call that........BUUUUUUSTED.

*reads your name*............

oh....Well then......

Well it is much better but it still has missing things like the long bow, fishing rod and long spears. I am sure there are more i have not tested them all or seen a complete list yet but it is a step in the right direction. I think you should just allow for any tool or weapon to be mailed with the larger server it sure does help. 

What? Fire/ice pillar have consistently done at least half or less the damage as tentacles and fungus trap. I'm not sure where you get this information you claim?? Have you ever stepped foot on a fire pillar?

Well you have to admit, the balance here needs to be cautiously executed. Tornado, fire pillar, ice pillar, and tentacles are starting to look scary. It does make some sense to have fungus trap be stronger. (At least a little, as we have an easier set up for it).

I haven't tested the new numbers yet so I may be blowing smoke.

Edited by Enzius

Sign in to follow this