Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Basinet Helm and Helm Vision

Atm the basinet helm provides eye protection and no face protection (unless Im wrong, I dont use them often if at all. Great helms like everyone else).

I believe it should provide some face protection as long as the visor is closed, which brings me to the other point for this suggestion. The faceplate of the basinet should be Liftable/toggable. While closed it provides eye and limited face protection (great helm would provide greater face and eye). In tradeoff the closed visor impacts archery more (limited vision). While open the direct inverse, basically an open helm like all the others.

Any possible dragon helm(s) could be designed in a similar manner to the three steel helms, or at least full-face and visored versions.

The other half is partially related to the first, while the first half still remains independent.

Having one's view of the game obscured and limited based on what helm or coif you are wearing. While wearing a great helm all the player would be able to see is through narrow slits, and while wearing a basinet one's vision would differ depending on if the visor was up/down.

Sort of akin to wearing a pumpkin in Minecraft, which should be possible in Wurm fyi.

Gives advantages to using "lower end" helms.

EDIT: Granted the slits don't have to be nearly as narrow as they are/were in RL. Let alone breathing issues.

Edited by Klaa

1. You should test things before suggesting things since you obviously dont know how the helms work

2.  Hell noooooooo to blocking my screen for a helm

• Like 3

As mentioned Ive rarely used basinets, are the face and eye protections different from great helms?

Otherwise the helms dont function currently in any manner to what I suggest, especially the basinet.

Edited by Klaa

You completely sure? Seems the info in wiki needs updating then apparently.

Had always heard for years they sucked compared to great helms, so stuck to great helms like everyone else for eye and face protection. Wasnt a problem since smiths just made the greats.

Some recent ninja change?

EDIT: Wiki mentioning the basinet not protecting against face burns accurate?

Edited by Klaa