Sign in to follow this  
Caroligan

Who is the best fighter in Wurm?

and I knew and still know who abuses certain programs that allows for a lot of things that never should be possible if wurm had the proper security it should have had.

It is not very wise to make a statement like this, since it implicates you being associated with these exploits, bugs, macro programs and security flaws.

Why not inform the game developers of these programs then, so they could check out game security as it relates to them. No need to name player names. Possibly these are friends of yours doing this, so you would prefer they be able to continue to do so.

=Ayes=

Time - You just can't win against time.

Back in the days I'd say that very few people could compare to fighters that came out of the mindsets of LO and other Libila fighters that had been there since Beta , no idea however how the status is today, but I'd guess some players have massive advantages due to several years of grinding fighting and getting almost godlike characteristics and CR bonus.

However and without putting up names, I do remember that several players where indeed much better than other players who probably grinded a lot more, these players didnt stay around kicking / knifing a pig for a whole day ( insert troll if avaibable ) and actually where very active both raiding and killing players / wildlife. Zeno is a good example of such a player even though we never really fought togheter in Gold 2.0 ( I wanted to relax and he wanted me to enlist and go crazy raiding basically ).

A little sidenote : I'm a bit concerned about a friend of mine who sadly spends too much time in wurm and forgets about giving his wife and kid some more time , I really hope he can start looking around and spend less time here as family is way more important than a single game. Yes that goes for you and you know well who you are.

All the fighters who were supposedly good pre-epic, and relied on manipulated bonuses, exploits and unique gifted items on wild, failed really hard on epic. They got destroyed over and over, and ran back to wild, except Xallo I guess, he held up.

I haven't seen anyone who is better than me though.

Edited by Judicator

All the fighters who were supposedly good pre-epic, and relied on manipulated bonuses, exploits and unique gifted items on wild, failed really hard on epic. They got destroyed over and over, and ran back to wild, except Xallo I guess, he held up.

Edited by KellyTxX
  • Like 1

Literally. Everyone who got comfortable on wild with their farwalkers and scale didnt last a month on epic..

It is not very wise to make a statement like this, since it implicates you being associated with these exploits, bugs, macro programs and security flaws.

Why not inform the game developers of these programs then, so they could check out game security as it relates to them. No need to name player names. Possibly these are friends of yours doing this, so you would prefer they be able to continue to do so.

=Ayes=

I edited the post you quoted as theres a typo right there, I was in deed talking about the past.

I've been pretty open about the security flaws in the past , whatever bugs / security holes there are today I can't account for as I'm more or less dissconected from the community , It did seem like some of the old fellows where back using some of their old tricks through irc channels and remote controll of avatars, but pooof they where gone when I did ask about them some time ago.

Most people tend to stay away from telling me anything as they knew I had close bonds to Rolf and helped out with some of the flaws beforehand ( or so I hope I did with my reports ) , but it is usual to become quite paranoid when you deal with things like this and I have to admit that back when I quit I probably thought that most people would use either an exploit , security flaw or anything that could help them to stay ahead of others and that is probably something I havent gotten entirely rid of when thinking about wurm.

I never reported the names of any friends nor why should I , most of them played legit (some might have macroed, but hey who didnt back then).

I'll add to my christmas gift list . 

Metaldragon, Mith, Redhawk, 

me

Aww you are such a kind soul :)

How ever, I doubt I belong in that catagory, I have never won much in pvp for some reason :)

So who could be the best? I would bet on Emo but who knows...

The only thing I can be sure is that it is NOT me :D

Captain Hogwash and the Seven Hellhounds of Commoragh!

#hogpuppies

From these references to Hogwash that I have seen more recently, I take it that he sold his account to someone else. I had always known him a person who enjoyed blacksmithing and had no interest in pvp. I am rather surprised that even now his former account would be considered a good one for pvp purposes.

=Ayes=

From these references to Hogwash that I have seen more recently, I take it that he sold his account to someone else. I had always known him a person who enjoyed blacksmithing and had no interest in pvp. I am rather surprised that even now his former account would be considered a good one for pvp purposes.

=Ayes=

good. Keep thinking that.

I really don't think there's a such thing as a "good fighter" anymore. It's all about numbers, gear, res stones, gone, champs, hate bonus, horses, horse gear, hell horses, barded back ups, and especially broken mechanics. There are almost never fights where everyone just goes in balls deep and fights to the death. It's all about absolutely decimating your opponent or lacing those Nikes when there's the slightest chance of more than a single death. Hardly anyone takes risks anymore, and when someone does, they end up dying to bugs, glitches, Valrei mobs, and broken mechanics. What a shame.

sotg is op is mattsquare and he got decimated and since has downtalked pvp so yea

• Like 1

I really don't think there's a such thing as a "good fighter" anymore. It's all about numbers, gear, res stones, gone, champs, hate bonus, horses, horse gear, hell horses, barded back ups, and especially broken mechanics. There are almost never fights where everyone just goes in balls deep and fights to the death. It's all about absolutely decimating your opponent or lacing those Nikes when there's the slightest chance of more than a single death. Hardly anyone takes risks anymore, and when someone does, they end up dying to bugs, glitches, Valrei mobs, and broken mechanics. What a shame.

It's more about good leadership rather than being a fighter, IMO.

The only way to truly be a good fighter is to use exploits, as thats the only way to even the odds in a completely fair fight in a completely balanced situation where the other person has a much better account, mainly because this game is skill based, not "skill" based.

In a literal even fight, its about who gets the lucky crit first.

Edited by Propheteer

[21:31:25] You win against Emoo! Congratulations!

drake wearer vs scale wearing chief

pvp is about who outsmarts who, or who gets better rolls.

Wurm Comabt is very much like a group RTS its more about positioning and when/who to enage and all that whatnot

1v1s? its about gear/stats/rng etc etc, theres very little personal skill involved in it, wurm pvp only shines in evenish group fights

[21:31:25] You win against Emoo! Congratulations!

drake wearer vs scale wearing chief

pvp is about who outsmarts who, or who gets better rolls.

Did you also know that the sparring mechanic equalizes your CR and modifiers to your evasion, parry, block, and hit rolls?

It's a bit buggy, thats why in spars you can oneshot champs to victory.

even then he still has loads of stats on me.

It doesn't matter if you roll a 90 on the equalizer for your evasion check, you will beat him in nearly evasion check from then on out, the other rolls apply too.

good. Keep thinking that.

Keep thinking what? That the Hogwash that I have known has sold his account to this new "Hogwash"; or that it is not now a capable pvp account.

The latter point concerns me less than the former, since when I see any comments now upon the forums from this "Hogwash", they seem out of character from the person that I once knew as the same.

As "they" have not commented, I suspect I am correct in thinking that the account has been sold, which if it has been is of no further concern to me relating to pvp abilities. That comment was just an aside.

*shrugs*

=Ayes=