Sign in to follow this  
Tissotx

Drumroll and Affinity

Suggestion if we can have a tiny chance% to get a Affinity in the skills that triggered it when we get a rare Drumroll?

Example: You have a feeling of inspiration and gain +1 affinity in Farming

• Like 10

+1 if very very small chance ;) better than gaining a ton of rare mortars and bricks

• Like 3

+1, because I am never taking any character to chaos to buy affinities.

• Like 2

5% on a rare roll, 10% on a supreme and 20% on a fantastic?

• Like 1

Well since its not hard to get like 5 drumrolls per day if u r a busy bee.

The chance have to be alot less than it is to get a blue item for sure.

Somewhere between a supreme item chance and a fatastic item chance sounds like good intervall, if u also consider there is 100+ diff skills u could get it in.

I didnt think of like if u blacksmith, should u get the affinity in The overall smithing, or sub blacksmithing or the tool Hammer.

But that can be like random which one u get.

Anyway, is best to like let every fine detail be solved by the developers =)

I don't like this suggestion. Why? Just look at what the rare and supreme creation situation has turned into. Way too many of them too easy to come by. Now even "supreme" items are becoming much more common. I would not like to see the ability to acquire additional affinities thrown into this mix and finely tuned to acquire many of them by those who would spend the time to discover these shortcuts to game the system.

=Ayes=

• Like 4

-1 no code split and PvP would be affected. Without the code split, everyone would get free affinities without effort, which is a problem on Epic and Chaos. With it, Epic would be fine, but Chaos players could exploit Freedom even more (quick border transportation, risk-free storage, etc.) to get more affinities.

Also, the tiny chance doesn't do it for me. I see people lock pick things on the first try with .5% chance.

-1 no code split and PvP would be affected. Without the code split, everyone would get free affinities without effort, which is a problem on Epic and Chaos. With it, Epic would be fine, but Chaos players could exploit Freedom even more (quick border transportation, risk-free storage, etc.) to get more affinities.

Also, the tiny chance doesn't do it for me. I see people lock pick things on the first try with .5% chance.

I don't like this suggestion. Why? Just look at what the rare and supreme creation situation has turned into. Way too many of them too easy to come by. Now even "supreme" items are becoming much more common. I would not like to see the ability to acquire additional affinities thrown into this mix and finely tuned to acquire many of them by those who would spend the time to discover these shortcuts to game the system.

=Ayes=

what do you pvp guys mean with free affinities this way.

Are you not aware of what the players around you on pvp servers are doing, they have many 2nd alt chars accounts they kill themself to get their affinities gather on main char.

And been doing so for the last 7 years.

Would this break that system?

what do you pvp guys mean with free affinities this way.

Are you not aware of what the players around you on pvp servers are doing, they have many 2nd alt chars accounts they kill themself to get their affinities gather on main char.

And been doing so for the last 7 years.

Would this break that system?

Edited by SotG_is_OP

Nope. You get an affinity to start with and if you want more head West to Chaos :P

+1

Not to be blunt but...  Aren't affinities supposed to be a reward for PvP and not a merchantable commodity?  However the fact that Chaos' main use is for people to trade affinities has never been raised.  I think this should be fixed don't you all?  Either allow a non-pvp method of gaining/trading affinities or remove affinity trading all together, to avoid giving those chaos folk an advantage they can abuse from their uberforts.

Well considering how small of an increase an affinity actually provides, I fail to see much a point in wasting the time to code in a non-PvP way to gain them. If you want the small bonus affinities provide, then go fight on Chaos for them, otherwise you aren't missing out on much.

I kind of like this idea, not for any of the pvp reasons, but spending countless hours grinding a skill and getting affinities in such skill seems fitting. Like you get a drumroll tempering and you "figure out a new way to do it better" granting you increased skillgain.