Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

What you get when you live close to water

I think what happened was that I hit auto run while on Griphyth and alt+tabbed to another toon and forgot all about Griphyth. Then I went afk...

When I got back I alt+tabbed back to Griphyth and this is what I saw...

SYqYdXp.jpg

nhBiuXZ.jpg

After one healing tick all the damage cleared, thankfully. I also got this:

4HjTLAd.jpg

• Like 4

When they first implemented drowning, I did the same thing.... which resulted in a death.

Never again.

You were a "lucky one". :P

Health and safety now demands that all coastal deeds have fences on all water facing tiles to avoid further incidents like this.

• Like 3

Can't tell you how many times i died. I once forgot about my priest automoving and then he drowned... Took me 40 minutes to find the corpse.

Health and safety now demands that all coastal deeds have fences on all water facing tiles to avoid further incidents like this.

Yeah, i fence all my high slopes and water facing tiles in main areas (my "town center" (i used quotation marks cause its not in the center of the town xp) is made as a fort just because of that (also its high enough you get a high light, low medium bruise if you fall from certain corners).

I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only one that does this. I had to build a fence at my pier because I'd run off and get half death before I noticed. Go auto run. I once auto ran into the ocean where I found myself in time to stop drowning(tho I would have needed an emergency rescue)... but not in time to avoid the three hungry sharks that consequently mauled me, thankfully I knew where to find my corpse.

Hahaha, you guys need to stop repeating your mistake. Autowalking on a minimized/tabbed out screen is a no-no, unless you're on a mount or are not even remotely close to water.  :P

Hahaha, you guys need to stop repeating your mistake. Autowalking on a minimized/tabbed out screen is a no-no, unless you're on a mount or are not even remotely close to water.  :P

• Like 2

Hah! reminds me of the old bouncy death pits. They tended to kill villagers more than raiders.

I had autorun on while i was swimming to tap dance market in cele, then my screen froze, tried to wait on it, but remembered i got autorun toggled on, closed wurm quick - logged back in with 95 water damage

Never use autorun when with two clients, in water, or at mountains.

• Like 1