Sign in to follow this  
DioSan

Improve window ( GUI, Interface )

+ 2 18 9 4 7 5 19

Right now I'm preparing for the making of new Icons to the game. After that we will start to look more into how we can improve the Gui.

The Improve are on one of the things, and the Book of wisdom are something that we also want to develop further.

The Buttons with text on the top are also something that I want icons for in a bar that you can hide and unhide..

The old functionality will probably still be there, it does already exists so no need to remove it and most things are easy to have an option for.

Cheers!

• Like 7

+ 2 18 9 4 7 5 19

Right now I'm preparing for the making of new Icons to the game. After that we will start to look more into how we can improve the Gui.

The Improve are on one of the things, and the Book of wisdom are something that we also want to develop further.

The Buttons with text on the top are also something that I want icons for in a bar that you can hide and unhide..

The old functionality will probably still be there, it does already exists so no need to remove it and most things are easy to have an option for.

Cheers!

Excellent news! Just please keep in mind the size of the interface. Like Joe says in his #2 point above, we would rather see the world of Wurm than stare at a huge UI. :)

+3

aye anything to alleviate the unneccessary grind aspects, more efficient, simpler, less time consuming, etc.

would the fight window {the one with all the moves on it} be considered a part of this thread?

Edited by Wizlawz

But... does it really make things easier? Ok, maybe if you are improving just one single item, but for me that pretty much never happens. 

I always improve at least 4-5 items at a time so I can queue up actions. How do I queue up actions with this GUI? I can't possibly know which will be the next improvement action to take. 

+1 for the idea to have a GUI, but it needs some more thinking. 

+1 for a improve window GUI. I'd prefer the one button click improve like Kegan suggested, but with right-click repair functionality on the tools as well.

+1 mainly for health reasons, Playing Wurm can literally be a pain , not the best thing. With tool belt and key binds, it is Better but can still be improved.

+1 nice mockup and would be very nice especially for newer players, and for everyone who already has their way they like to grind they can keep using the old way

Way too easy, if you want a game that plays itself I advise looking elsewhere.

The UI suggested would actually be more work than it currently is, i have 1-3, 6 and 9 on my keypad setup to 1-5 on the toolbelt, and del/+ for imp/repair, i can literally do it one handed while watching a movie or something else, i dont think the system needs improving when its fairly streamlined as is, you just need to remember to bind the keys to your preferred style

So first you say this change would make the game "play itself", then in the very next paragraph you point out how this would be more work....

Wow someone castes rebirth on this thread....while it is back I guess I can +1 it

Isn't someone already working on the GUI now?

I think there is something about in one of the last news post.

I hope we see some new things in this are in the upcoming months

Isn't someone already working on the GUI now?

I think there is something about in one of the last news post.

I hope we see some new things in this are in the upcoming months

Yeah, they said something about making improvements to the GUI in one of the last news updates but they weren't specific about what areas of the GUI would be modified. So, until they confirm that they're working on an interface for improving items this thread is still relevant I suppose.

Edited by Laiwyn

I really like this suggestion, because it will help the beginners understand how improving items work.

I do think it will not be for the seasoned player who has keybinds for all impings and batch up a number of similar items to be more efficient.

If you can somehow invent something around imping that makes it more fun and engaging that would be even better :-)

• Like 1

only reason im against this is it seems pretty useles since it would be much slower than keybinds and toolbelt

and like some other recent additions that are supposed to help new players,what it will really do its that new players wont have to learn about keybinds and toolbelt and it will take most of them a long time to do so,while without it,they have to learn because there is no other choice.

so in the end its bad for new players.

Edited by Tpikol

I don't use key binds or the tool belt that much. Mapping a bunch of buttons to everything just doesn't work for me. I have a hard time figuring out key binds mind you haven't seen how any recent changes may have made this easier. Or someone could improve the how to for it. I would use this just like I use the craft window.

I really like this suggestion, because it will help the beginners understand how improving items work.

I do think it will not be for the seasoned player who has keybinds for all impings and batch up a number of similar items to be more efficient.

If you can somehow invent something around imping that makes it more fun and engaging that would be even better :-)

Steam VR support

Granted I don't believe dev kits are even out

+1 I don't use alot of key binds and I know how to use them ..but it would just be my luck cat would run across my keyboard and something CATastrophic would happen to wurm :)