Sign in to follow this  
DioSan

Improve window ( GUI, Interface )

What about a Improve window, like the craft window but to improve without right clicks or binds (but like craft, keeping these options for those who prefer)

I believe all improves uses 5 tools/items...

A rough mockup.  The picture explains enough

dHeEjPJ.jpg

• Like 32

+1 But prepare yourself, lots of old players will say NO and that they prefer the old wurm back when everything was harder to accomplish... To these guys I say, you would still be able to use the old system if you prefer.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

I would rather see just one central improve button and the window be smart enough to make the call on what item it needs to use to improve with. 

Edit: With the normal queue limit and having to stop for repairs along the way as usual making it so you can not macro it any easier than you can now. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 4

+1, although even with that keybinds + toolbelt will stay fastest way probably.

Heck yeah, nice idea.  As Lucas mentioned, can always play the old way if it's not your style.  +1

I would rather see just one central improve button and the window be smart enough to make the call on what item it needs to use to improve with. 

yes, it would be even better with just one improve button. the picture was just an example.  

As normal don't forget to hit that like button on the op to show your support for a great suggestion. 

Way too easy, if you want a game that plays itself I advise looking elsewhere.

The UI suggested would actually be more work than it currently is, i have 1-3, 6 and 9 on my keypad setup to 1-5 on the toolbelt, and del/+ for imp/repair, i can literally do it one handed while watching a movie or something else, i dont think the system needs improving when its fairly streamlined as is, you just need to remember to bind the keys to your preferred style

The UI suggested would actually be more work than it currently is, i have 1-3, 6 and 9 on my keypad setup to 1-5 on the toolbelt, and del/+ for imp/repair, i can literally do it one handed while watching a movie or something else, i dont think the system needs improving when its fairly streamlined as is, you just need to remember to bind the keys to your preferred style

The point here is to have more options, something with more visual. 

it can make improve more "fun", at least more visual 

the fact that you need to watch a movie while Improve shows how boring it is and how it need somehow to be changed

We have no animations, no sound fx for some tasks, only a progress bar filling and a event text. boring...........

Most of the time we are watching something or reading any page on the internet while playing because most things in-game is boring and repetitive. 

have a minimum visual appeal on interface helps a little,makes things more pleasant and takes this 2006 mold away 

Does not hurt anyone to have this option, as i said above "like the craft window but to improve without right clicks or binds (but like craft, keeping these options for those who prefer)"

It is just an option like the crafting window no one is forcing you to use it and how is clicking one button verses three different ones any different? You yourself have said you can already do it one handed watching a movie so i don't see any harm in this as an option since you still have to stop for repairs and it will have the same timers. it just saves clicks and key presses same as the crafting window does now.

Not everyone uses key binds for everything and this will help them. It is just like the crafting window everyone was on about it too but once implemented it was fine. 

Edited by Kegan

+1 Although i'd rather have it being a bit more interactive instead of just clicking 1 out of x buttons... No ideas though lol.

+1 But prepare yourself, lots of old players will say NO and that they prefer the old wurm back when everything was harder to accomplish... To these guys I say, you would still be able to use the old system if you prefer.

• Like 1

+1, but I think that improve tool icon near thing you are improving should be bigger and more visible.

Edit: And 6 slots instead of 5 or amount of slots depending on what you are improving (for example only 2 slots in case of masonry, for chisel and shards).

Edited by Warlander

I´m too much used to the old system, having all my toolbelt  + repair and improve keybinded , so usually depending on the ql of the item I just punch once on the required tool and then punch iririr to queue max actions, I think wen you are using sb is the most efficient way in the long run.

That said, probably having a nice interface with some fancy buttons will please a lot of players while making no harm to the rest, so +1.

+1

At first I thought the craft interface was terrible, then I adapted to it and am much faster with it.  I'm sure this would be the same.

+1 to Kegan's 1 button improve.  Can't tell you how many people I know ingame that are having physical problems with their fingers/hands and anything to simplify the endless clicking is a blessing for them.  Or, they can simply give up wurm for health reasons.

Added feature:  Make a small interface.  The craft window is monstrous. I play multiple clients and smaller client windows, so the craft window currently takes 2/3 of my client.  1/3 if I minimize the right half.

I'm guessing that the OP wants an improve workbench where we load tools, a improve target and just click a single button.

We could achieve the same thing by loading the current toolbelt with proper tools, mouse over our target, and push a single button. The game would be smart enough to know which improvement tool to use on target.

To be honest, improving is already pretty easy and I'm not sure how beneficial this would be.

oh, -1 to big graphicly bloated UI's. That UI in the op is freakin huge but I also understand its just to demonstrate the idea.

I'm guessing that the OP wants an improve workbench where we load tools, a improve target and just click a single button.

We could achieve the same thing by loading the current toolbelt with proper tools, mouse over our target, and push a single button. The game would be smart enough to know which improvement tool to use on target.

To be honest, improving is already pretty easy and I'm not sure how beneficial this would be.

oh, -1 to big graphicly bloated UI's. That UI in the op is freakin huge but I also understand its just to demonstrate the idea.

The image is just a EXAMPLE, i'm not saying to make exact like that.  This is just to give the suggestion a visual example.

The art team, developers or anything will think and design the size, color, elements, buttons. they will think the best wat to do that.

A game will never fit people who use multiple clients, if you open one million clients at the same time, it's your problem.  

They already allow you to play with an army of characters at the same time and you want the interface fits that....

Deal+with+it.gif

Edited by DioSan

1. learn to read....I said it was likely just and example drawing. This still doesn't negate the fact it is big and I don't want to see such thing.

2. I want to see the Wurm world not stare a huge UI's.  UI's should be small and inconspicuous so we can continue to feel as if we are surrounded by Wurm's beauty. My views have nothing to do with running multiple clients. FYI, I use alt-tab to swap between clients and don't even try to see more then on window at a time.

3. The functional aspect of your idea can EASILY be replaced with code that automatically selects the proper tool from the tool belt when you do an improve action.

"deal with it"... this reminds me of the 3-year-old kids I watch who put there hands over their ears and scream "lalala" when they don't get their way.