Sign in to follow this  
Redd

Balance Libs Saccing item with every other faith

cats don't chase cats they chase mice. there is no reason to diminish all the differences between kingdoms and priest, only ensure a balance exists between them. every mechanic does not require an immediate balance!! stop nitpicking. let WL be the cats and BL stay mice and let them keep the tools that differentiate the two. just because 50 cats want to be mice, doesnt mean we should kill all the mice so that desire is no longer real.

Edited by Hogwash

cats don't chase cats they chase mice. there is no reason to diminish all the differences between kingdoms and priest, only ensure a balance exists between them. every mechanic does not require an immediate balance!! stop nitpicking. let WL be the cats and BL stay mice and let them keep the tools that differentiate the two. just because 50 cats want to be mice, doesnt mean we should kill all the mice.

I have to disagree, I belive that the basic functions of priests should be balanced, and that the identity of priests should come from their diferent usages, and not through uneven advantages.

Since I strongly belive that any RPG is 95% balance, (and wurm being build on the principles of a RPG), balancing the unique classes is even more important than balancing weapons, or markets.

+1 to equal favor gaining, through any mechanic or item that is balanced between all the diferent priests.

• Like 1

some priests are better for enchanting, others better at combat, dictated by the roles of their corresponding kingdom which taps into game lore. priests are the supporting tools that give difference to the kingdoms and give them unique tools to be the cat or mouse, not cat-mouse. if were all the same may as well go pve (where lib doesnt exist and they are all the same aka no mice) imo and ignore lore and merge priests abilities. if priests has the same role across the board i could understand that, but they have different jobs in different kingdoms, its comparing apples and oranges. They are just different. please stop trying to make fruit punch out of chaos.

Edited by Hogwash

some priests are better for enchanting, others better at combat, dictated by the roles of their corresponding kingdom which taps into game lore. priests are the supporting tools that give difference to the kingdoms and give them unique tools to be the cat or mouse, not cat-mouse. if were all the same may as well go pve (where lib doesnt exist and they are all the same aka no mice) imo and ignore lore and merge priests abilities. if priests has the same role across the board i could understand that, but they have different jobs in different kingdoms, its comparing apples and oranges. They are just different. please stop trying to make fruit punch out of chaos.

NO one is discussing roles in this thread, just how they get the most basic measure for priests.   Their roles are dictated by a lot of diferent traits, that I agree with you, shouldnt be shared all across the board, and each should have its highs and lows.   This has nothng to do with "balance", balance doesnt mean that they all do the same role, it means they are all capable of fullfilling their unique role, under the pretense that none is objectively better than the other.

We are discussing something else in this thread, no one wants to make fruit punch, no one is "out to get chaos".   We are a group of players, trying to suggest things to improve the game.

I repeat, this is not the "lets attack hogwash" thread, this is not the "lets make all priests cast the same thing" thread.

Just adressing a specific issue in the way that priests sacrifice items for favour, wich, in my personal opinion, shouldnt be a variable to balance other aspects of priests, such as restrictions, or offensive power, or enchanting functions.

• Like 1

i mentioned earlier i think all priests should be able to sacc statuettes for 1.5-2x favor, but i see no reason to meddle with the current system.

Why not? Because it benefits you?

There seriously needs some balancing here. As ive seen from a lot of posts with more information Lib just has it way too easy. I think all priests should have a way to get saccable items but they should be equally easy (or hard) to get. the argument "this is how its supposed to be" or "some priests are supposed to be better then others" simply does not fly in my opinion.

I hope we can get a dev member to see this, read through it and make a decision.

Honest opinion here...

I sort of like the idea of having to make Yoyo's, or something similar, on Vynora.

However I don't like how it's technically slower then a lot of other things to do... I'd like to either see Yoyo's give more favor, or the process made faster - the effort/reward atm just isn't there currently, so I just use other methods.

With that said, the other methods feel fine for favor regain, not to hard, but not exactly "easy" either. So I'm all for it staying the way it is... It would be nice though of all priest had a double favor item actually worth doing

I like your reasoning, but you fail to take in to account a major MAJOR factor. Farmed items always come out at top quality. None of the others do, thus, while Mag seems on the level of easy of Lib - it's really not. Lib is on its own. Something like

EASY-LIB------------------MAG------------------FO-----------------------------------------------------VYN-INSANE.

Not exactly, Lock smiting can not be obtained the fast way, with imping, you need to create items in order to get skill.

Not exactly, Lock smiting can not be obtained the fast way, with imping, you need to create items in order to get skill.

I do average 40 ql locks at 20 locksmith using ql 70 iron. Its good enough.

Grinding it is actually easy, you just need to spam key molds.

If you're doing it on a priest you don't really do "the fast way" anyhow. Not to mention that you don't grind farming "the fast way" either, and yet, it always yields max ql so the original point stands.

For context, I've got a 99 farmer and three characters with over 90 ropemaking.  Each one has its own rare rope tool maintained at QL95+, and I've got multiple farms that are all so big that tilecount has lost all meaning.  I've invested a lot of time and effort into maximum ropespam, and was big on providing favor even back when all you used was regular rope.

I also have a Libila priest.

Bonus favor for whitelight priests should be more like bonus favor for Libila priests, not the other way around.  If this was in gold1 or early gold2 then I would probably feel differently, but decent priests are no longer some rare thing that only scant few villages have.  That cat is out of the bag, and a squad of competent priests are now standard issue with any serious operation.  Favor generation should suck less for everybody.

• Like 7

Like, I get it's not balanced, but getting more favor from items lol this isn't some severe game changing issue, I'd rather see interest spent in more pvp/spell balancing than something trivial

• Like 1

I just make statuettes of Magranon and sac em and get 100 faith for one of em at 45ql or so.

:<

Champ Life.

im all for nerfing libs favour from crops and whatnot, but then all the WL priests shouldnt be able to make their respective favour item either.

I like your reasoning, but you fail to take in to account a major MAJOR factor. Farmed items always come out at top quality. None of the others do, thus, while Mag seems on the level of easy of Lib - it's really not. Lib is on its own. Something like

EASY-LIB------------------MAG------------------FO-----------------------------------------------------VYN-INSANE.

EASY-LIB------------------MAG------------------FO-----------------------------------------------------INSANE----------------------------------------------POWERGAP-------------------------VYN

• Like 2

Just make crops the double favor item for all faiths...or make it yoyo's.

• Like 1

Just make crops the double favor item for all faiths...or make it yoyo's.

This, if you think it is not OP, why not let others also get crops? Or Yoyos?

• Like 1