Sign in to follow this  
Redd

Balance Libs Saccing item with every other faith

Tbh locks make more sense for Libila. Well aside from corpses, weapons, and armor.

Farm produce... pffff that's more of a nature god's realm. So much for "we do not sow".

EDIT: And then theres the balance issues... already addressed.

Edited by Klaa

ive come to the conclusion that 9/10 people in this thread have no idea what they are talking about

It doesn't work like that unless you can back it up.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

"mobile battle altars"

We be rollin the steppe on carts filled with dem unfinished Altars in case we get dat PEE VEE PEE.

Farm produce... pffff that's more of a nature god's realm. So much for "we do not sow".

• Like 4

We steal the seeds of life from the dead hands of our enemies, then we present them for our allmighty goddess within her domain so that she can destroy them.

Except weight really doesn't matter at all if you are bringing stuff to sac in a raid, and things called gems exist.

(only time I have really heard of/seen saccing in a raid was the whole nilfheim thing, which used door locks)

This is really the only time I think it's happened that I know of, it wasn't a big deal since we literally all went on bison carts.  This was back when MR were still ghetto gangsters so gems were not readily available.  Silver lumps and a campfire however...

But the fact we came on carts also proves that weight is not part of this argument when you're arriving on carts full of rafts, sailboats full of backpacks/satchels, knarrs/other full of rafts/etc

Lib not being able to farm their own items isn't really an excuse to have each veggie give a really high amount of favor. I think either the item should change to something makes more sense, or it should just about halve the favor gain from it.

People can easily get thousands of crops within a reasonable time and effort for you.

Most of the priests have painful downsides to their saccing items, not just Lib. Only Mag generally has a pretty easy time getting their iron and making the locks.

This.

It's quite surprising to see such a simple yet imo very good suggestion for the perceived issue given only at page 5 of this whole topic.

I'd say look into seeing how the specific saccing value of those specific farmcrops for Libila could be toned down a bit, assuming this thread was at least partially made out of actual concern rather than spite as it sounds like.

No need for the crops to be taken away completely, or to buff every other potential saccing item for all other priests to that current value for Lib.

By the way, the whole "15 harvests easily at 90+ farming" sounds very odd, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong with my full 100 Farming to not obtain that "easily".

I can see how it requires either good contacts with master farmers or an alt/main with high farming to really make the crops saccing work as a Lib priest. Even with that in mind, though, I do think the favor is a tad bit on a high end of the spectrum.

Rather than turning the saccing item into something completely different, however, I think simply lowering the saccing value by 15-50% (I'd look at how 15% would work out first, no need to go from 1 extreme to the other when trying to balance it) would pretty much solve all the legitimate concerns.

This is just my 2 cents as some simple PvEer (who happened to have talked with several BLers about the favor and sold a fair few crops in total for saccing uses).

Edited by Raamkozijn

Now that Lib has gotten so many handy new things, it's probably time to balance the favor item for them :) How about making it the same as mag - doorlocks?

Now that Lib has gotten so many handy new things, it's probably time to balance the favor item for them :) How about making it the same as mag - doorlocks?

dont forget all the spells got hit hard with cooldowns. so it compensated already sorry

dont forget all the spells got hit hard with cooldowns. so it compensated already sorry

double damage........

A lot of the comments on this thread are just back and forth politics between 2 kingdoms, which we see time and time again.

I hardly see as a troll post and I feel there is a concern here for a little bit of balancing, kingdom aside. Let face it, there aren't many people out there that only have one character that is a priest, getting sacc mats with your main or a freind is quite easy.

So, looking at the the math, it is a little OP. Lets just keep the post non kingdom biased and look at the numbers. :)

its fine as it is. crops take time to grow, crops take effort to get good yields, u need high farming in order to get quality and quantity, you need space to grow these crops instead of others.

its fine as it is. crops take time to grow, crops take effort to get good yields, u need high farming in order to get quality and quantity, you need space to grow these crops instead of others.

Same goes for Fo and Vyn, and they have to spend even more effort after farming to create their products. It's not really a good argument

• Like 5

Consider this though.

Sq pieces of cloth require cotton, which has that same issue of waiting for the crops to grow before making them.

Cordage ropes require wemp, see above.

Doorlocks require a theoretically finite resource (although most people going for doorlocks seem to have plenty of iron veins or iron supply, the reliance on natural cave-ins for a small chance of making a vein (let alone iron vein) to replenish iron veins on a server is not too reliable; Rod of Transmutation isn't really cheap either).

Yoyos require both cotton and trees which require waiting + some extra waiting for those trees to grow.

As I see it, the waiting time as well as space required for the crops fall under the list of disadvantages. For any and all saccing items it boils down to what disadvantages do you mind least for the favor they can potentially yield.

If anything - and mind you it's not something I actually think weighs much to it - that waiting time for just the crops for Lib priests is easier and faster than the other disadvantages. Again, I don't care much about that specific thing though, as it's simply a matter of what you prefer over other saccing items.

The big difference, I'd say, is that you won't be able to farm as a Lib priest yourself while staying on Chaos (mechanics wise unless you don't mind losing all your Faith while tending a big farm, thus making you no longer priest), where all other skills do allow a theoretical self-sufficiency in making saccing items. Either by grinding the skills before priesting up to make it go faster, or while priest albeit a lot slower, game mechanics don't penalize you for making your own saccing items.

Of course most people either have friends or main/alt crafting chars to compensate for that, but even then it's still an additional limiting factor rather than a similar - if not less severe - limiting factor (the crop time waiting you mentioned).

I'm still of the conviction that a simple lower value for the crops is all that's needed, rather than changing the whole saccing item, as per my previous post explained.

Consider this though.

Sq pieces of cloth require cotton, which has that same issue of waiting for the crops to grow before making them.

Cordage ropes require wemp, see above.

Doorlocks require a theoretically finite resource (although most people going for doorlocks seem to have plenty of iron veins or iron supply, the reliance on natural cave-ins for a small chance of making a vein (let alone iron vein) to replenish iron veins on a server is not too reliable; Rod of Transmutation isn't really cheap either).

Yoyos require both cotton and trees which require waiting + some extra waiting for those trees to grow.

As I see it, the waiting time as well as space required for the crops fall under the list of disadvantages. For any and all saccing items it boils down to what disadvantages do you mind least for the favor they can potentially yield.

If anything - and mind you it's not something I actually think weighs much to it - that waiting time for just the crops for Lib priests is easier and faster than the other disadvantages. Again, I don't care much about that specific thing though, as it's simply a matter of what you prefer over other saccing items.

The big difference, I'd say, is that you won't be able to farm as a Lib priest yourself while staying on Chaos (mechanics wise unless you don't mind losing all your Faith while tending a big farm, thus making you no longer priest), where all other skills do allow a theoretical self-sufficiency in making saccing items. Either by grinding the skills before priesting up to make it go faster, or while priest albeit a lot slower, game mechanics don't penalize you for making your own saccing items.

Of course most people either have friends or main/alt crafting chars to compensate for that, but even then it's still an additional limiting factor rather than a similar - if not less severe - limiting factor (the crop time waiting you mentioned).

I'm still of the conviction that a simple lower value for the crops is all that's needed, rather than changing the whole saccing item, as per my previous post explained.

I like what you say - but what you say is also the reason WHY it should be changed - the priests CANNOT be self sufficient. Lib priests can both Mine and Cut Wood though - so door locks is a clear item they could reliably make themselves, cutting the relying on other people.

My friend makes 20k garlic (without regular tending) in around 2 weeks with little efford hes not even 90 but if you calculate it that would be something between 150k-200k favor or 2,3k-2,6k casts of botd...to bad its not avaible on freedom. If it would be avaible, the market for coc/woa enchants would be nearly dead!

id like to take the opportunity to claim that libila deserves a +15 cr buff because its unfair that i cant solo a unique

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

then fo and vyn should have a change as their items are indeed somewhat hard to make. fix fo and vyn!

• Like 2

Vynora's while hard to make in bulk require very material, it's not "to" bad.... Just annoying.

I just do ropes, requires bigger farms, but it's faster and completely self sufficient. /shrug

Remake all priests saccables to farm items.

All priest should be able to farm, but every priest saccable farm item should be different.

Takes time sure, but then every priest can be "self sufficent" and it helps the market for farm items (makes farmers happy and.... more useful)