Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Sound - Wind is not controlled by weather

The wind sounds are not being controlled by the weather settings in sound.

I live on a mountain and when i shut off the weather sounds in the settings it does not stop the wind noise and the wind never stops blowing on a mountain top so i just have to shut sounds off completely.  I really like the ambient sounds but just can not take the constant wind noise that should have been shut off when i opted out of hearing the weather. 

Edited by Kegan

Well that is like when you live on mountain, if you want another sound move to another place or get used to wind since you choose to live there, i belive that that's the point of making this game so realistic and hardcore ;) On the othersides i think that they need to implement features for using wind power such is windmills etc.

Well that is like when you live on mountain, if you want another sound move to another place or get used to wind since you choose to live there, i belive that that's the point of making this game so realistic and hardcore ;)

Well wind is weather so the sounds of it should be controlled under that section. There is a option to turn the weather sounds off so it is a bug that it is not working.

Now if they wanted us to have to listen to the weather sounds all the time then okay but they have given us an option to turn weather sounds off so it should at least work when we do shut it off.  

weath·er

ˈweT͟Hər/

noun

1. 1.

the state of the atmosphere at a place and time as regards heat, dryness, sunshine, wind, rain, etc.

"if the weather's good, we can go for a walk"

synonyms: forecastoutlookMore

Edited by Kegan

Do steppe-sound, desert-sound etc turn off when weathersounds go off? *Are* they weathersounds? (doubt that, they belong to the terrain, not the weather, afaik).

If you want to make an end to the wind-sound - then cover up all the bare rock in the area around you. Make it grass or dirt and the wind will go away (have to do a fair area before it gets quiet in the middle though - estimate at least ten or eleven tiles further then where you want to have silence, in all directions of course).

If you want me to hear all the pretty sounds in the game turn off the hurricane forced wind sound.

I keep the trees cleared around my deed so enemies can't hide. I haven't had my sound turned on on over a year because of this. It is ridiculous!

To suggest that I cover the rock to solve the issue... then explain how I am supposed to surface mine and area without exposed rock? "Don't do it? lol"... bite me.

No. Turn off that blasting wind sounds in my ears, it's as simple as adding a check box like you do for for the other sounds.

..and for all the ones who want to jump in and say, well don't live on a mountain, don't have exposed rock, don't live in an open field... shush!

If you want realism then petition for all the sounds to be forced on all the time. How realistic is it to not hear footsteps, working sounds, weather, emotes, combat, doors and all the other sounds that are optional?