Redefining the Valrei System  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which way should items be rewarded?

• A) Current system. 1 point is 1 ticket and every 300 points is an extra ticket past that. Then its a RNG lottery.
    • A+) Current system but with the valrei item split in 3 pieces with 3 winners.
    • B) Every point is one ticket in a RNG lottery. A effort vs chance based lottery system.
    • B+) Every point is one ticket and the valrei item is split for 3 winners.
    • C) The valrei item is split and the top 2 contributers get one and the final one is the current lottery system.
    • C+) The valrei item is split and the top 2 contributers get one and the final one is given based on a RNG lottery system where 1 point is one ticket.
    • D) The valrei item is split and the top contributor get one and the other 2 is given based on the current system.
    • E) First charge is a random chance for the top 5% contributors. The 2 other charges are RNGd among the remaining 95% on a 1point=1ticket basis.
    • Other. State it in your post.
  2. 2. Should scenario point rewards from building valrei structures and completing tower missions be split among everyone in a 10 tile radius?

• Yes, buildings and towers.
    • Just valrei buildings.
    • Just tower missions.
    • No.
  3. 3. Should there be a minimum ammount of scenario points required to have a chance to partcipiate in the lotterys?

Well I havn't heard a single person in my kingdom so far that favors the current valrei system.

So I decided to make a poll based on suggestions I've heard from various people to see what the public opinion is... and possibly a hint for the devs about how they can improve the system.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

threw in my votes

tired of the 1 foal slayers who win an item

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

Instead of "top 2 contributers" why not rng over the top 5% or so contributers.

For the rest yea, split the icon, 1 charge goes rng for everyone who participated, rest go to people who actually did the work and put the elbow greese in

Voted one ticket per point with three way split. I would go for top two with lottery for third, but I'm JK, therefore I'm biased because Nathan would get one every time we won, thus leaving two for the rest of us. Would it stop giving items to someone who has them all?

Voted towers and buildings because it's currently broken (duh) and even those who don't actually participate are still protecting those who do in case of a fight. Also, the scenario points should be increased for these depending on which specific mission. No one is going to build a pylon in enemy lands for a measly 1,000 karma, regardless of whether it's split or not (MR said "never again").

Minimum amount of tickets should be 500 IMO. That's half of a mission. If you can't contribute that much, you don't deserve an item. I wouldn't be against raising it to 1,000 either.

1. A+ yes and make no drop then ppl arent gonna kill you so you drop it or force you to give it to them also should not go to nonprems

2. Yes buildings and towers going to other servers to do missions the points should share between who ever went.and the buildings well its only fair if everyone who contributes to get points maybe based on percentage of work done

3.no its a lottery and even if you have 1 point you should be in with a chance  if it goes to the ones that do the most then it makes it those that have the more time to play that will win every time.also then it isnt a lottery its a race

Edited by wasntme

Last poll option should be removed and replaced with "Should rewards only be lotteried to premium characters. Yes/No" Because really 100 or 200 points is nothing, anybody under 20 skill can imp things to 'decent' ql on epic cluster.

Edited by Csponge

There is many things I want to change, but there is a limit to the ammount of questions. so these 3 will be enough for now.

Too many options to get a decent poll, I think

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

The only thing I'm really against is the idea of giving the item to the top two contributors + a random one.

It is no fun if the same group of people will constantly get the majority of the items. Maybe if it was changed to one top contributor + 2 random ones, it would be better. I just think randomness is better than almost forcing people to do an extreme amount of missions just to have a good chance at winning

The only thing I'm really against is the idea of giving the item to the top two contributors + a random one.

It is no fun if the same group of people will constantly get the majority of the items. Maybe if it was changed to one top contributor + 2 random ones, it would be better. I just think randomness is better than almost forcing people to do an extreme amount of missions just to have a good chance at winning

Added option D.

Why isnt my unique special snowflake choice in the list?

>Instead of "top 2 contributers get a charge" rng over the top 5% or so contributers.

I think the 1 point = 1 ticket should be removed and I think something a bit higher than 1k points because that's still just one tree or one ritual or something so maybe 2k should be the starting point for the lottery.

I think Epic monument points should be divided according to how much each person attaches and the data is already there as seen by examining the monument after completion

The way it is now, most winners have less than 301 points so not even two tickets while people who put a lot of time into trying to win see nothing, people who spend thousands of karma guiding see nothing, some guy notices his god is about to win and sacrifices an oregano BOOM we have a winner.... a lottery is fine but lets weigh up some effort into it too perhaps....

• Like 2

premium required is a basic thing already and I don't think anyone would want that removed.

I've pretty much always felt the 1 point =1 ticket system cheated everyone that actually puts effort in.  It's pretty sad when people use alts and crap to sac 1 item just to get more tickets.

As for numbers I've seemed to like keeping it a simple 500 points per ticket thing, easy missions can still reward these points easily, but I've seem to only watched wins either go to people with many tickets, or 200 points, so I'd hope it would just work out

Edited by MrGARY

1 ticket per point (effort vs chance of reward), decent minimum treshhold to participate in the lottery (to prevent the random people who sac 1 item or kill 1 animal) and 3 winners sounds like the best idea in my personal opinion.

As an idea, perhaps the scenario point distribution should be changed according to which server the mission was done on so:

Home server missions: 0.5x that of current points received (home servers are "safe" so missions would be considerably easier to accomplish)

Elevation missions: 1.0x that of current points received (ie. normal amount)

Enemy home server missions: 1.5x that of current points received (venturing into enemy home server has its risks so the reward should be higher)

• Like 5

I was thinking this just after I logged off actually, I agree except I was thinking 2x for enemy home servers so ele stays at 1k home drops to 500 and enemy home server missions jump to 2k per

• Like 1

I think Bix's idea, combined with removing the first 1 point=1 ticket, and keeping it at 300 or 500 points per ticket would be a good combination

Multiplier sounds interesting, but the output from build missions needs to be brought up significantly. 1,000 karma for a pylon isn't worth it, even if it is split. Try doing one on Elevation - they're almost always in enemy lands.

I have done them, they instigate pvp and some fun. Not all missions should be safe and without risk. If people just build them then their god will stop asking and move on, on ele at least.

• Like 1