Sign in to follow this  
Warhaft

Question on Item Ownership Mechanics

Hails!

I am sorry if this is covered somewhere but I simply cannot find any info on how the Item Ownership Mechanics work in Wurm. 

Example:  When an item is dropped on the ground (off deed) the game "knows" who is belongs to and will not let someone else pick it up....   I have some questions about the System Mechanics:

1. How long can it lay there before someone else can pick it up? (or is there a time limit?)

2. How far away (in tiles) from the item can I go before it becomes open to being picked up by someone else?

3. Does the system apply to mounts or creatures being lead on a rope?

4. I see several Markets that have Parking areas for Horses and/or pets... how can this protect you from a horse or other mount being lead away once you are off checking vendors?

Anyway, I wanted to know how the mechanics of the system work so as to understand how to protect my items and mounts when out hunting / gathering / shopping, etc.   

Again, sorry if this info is out there somewhere...I just couldn't find it.

Any and all responses are appreciated.... Thanks!

Peace!

Warmark of Deliverance   (formerly Warhaft)

OK...

A more pointed question would be...  

If I am out logging and I am using a cart with hitched animals... how many tiles can I be away from the cart to keep someone from simply jumping aboard and driving off with the cart and animals?  

I realize that locking the cart will keep others from accessing the cargo but does it stop someone from Commanding the Cart / Driving it off?

Not likely I know but I still would just like to know the basic mechanics of the anti-theft system... how many tiles... how much time away... etc.

Thanks again for any input!

Peace

Warmark

Lock the cart and manage the vehicle. You can chose who can embark as driver or passenger (friends, village or everyone).

• Like 1