Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Christmas Impalong Discussion! [Freedom Isles]

When a ranking member of MR msg's me and we're talking about it, he says that you guys were told to do "x" and "x" as well as your impalongs that you guys have annual. I tend to believe that more then I do your forum propaganda.

Emoo is the mayor of Kratos and the current leader of MR-Chaos. You said MR are planning their own impalong at Kratos this year and that they plan one annually. Emoo is correcting you by confirming that there's no christmas impalong planned for Kratos or anywhere in MR for that matter and that there has never been any yearly impalong event in the history of MR.

I've been a citizen of Emoo's deed on Chaos for almost 2 years and I would've told you the same thing.

How is this propaganda?

I don't believe anyone from MR contacted you privately but even if they did, you've been fed false and misleading information.

Impalong used to be about a community coming together regardless of their social status on wurm or whatever faction they belong to on Chaos or any other server and celebrating the holiday season together by imping everyone's items, playing games and enjoying the festivities.

We should not be dividing the community up or throwing wild accusations around like what has occurred in this thread. That's not the impalong spirit.

• Like 1

Well enough discussion.

Impalong this year will be hosted at Glasshollow Market and Valley of The Damned on Xanadu.

Ship-along, Slingaspell and a winter festival are also planned.

i voted for ivan, hes practically a neighbor and close by too and easy for everyone to get too. if its held anywhere else , im simply not gonna go, trips to friggin long to do 

I like how Rocky mentions voting behind alts. I go to a meeting, he has 12 votes less then VoTD. I come back from meeting and he has surpassed VoTD by 13 votes without ever adding more information. I wake up this morning, he advertises the market more and the PvPers from his kingdom are posting comments in the thread and he has completely surpassed VoTD. Still mentions nothing of what hes offering except a nice looking deed. Thats cool. A nice a deed, no events, no how he plans to handle anything, nothing. People just voting for a market. Smh. Some people and their children -.-

Will likely still hold an impalong at VoTD if VoTD looses on the grace the forum alts and pvp'ers.

I doubt any alts were voting, but he does have a large alliance of friends behind him. There isn't anything wrong with that. I'm sure a lot of them will have some fantastic ideas for events!

There's really no need for anyone to be a sore loser if they're behind in votes, or even lose the vote. I think most contenders putting their hat in the ring would have just been like "Cool, so and so won instead. I'll be there and have fun anyway." If folks see you imping along at someone esle's winning location, they'll respect that. Instead, you're only participating if it's your own deed? When people see such dramatic and undignified butthurt, it makes them less likely to come to your alternate impalong.

• Like 6

Btw I wanted to tell everyone that I won't be hosting a separate impalong, I will support the person who wins the poll with the impalong rather than hosting my own and dividing the people among two, it will be fun having so many players in local and drinking beer (am underage for that, but heck its wurm!)

If I bump into any other impalongs hosted by other players, I will support them as well. 

​Grats to whoever wins and lets promote the christmas spirit and have lots and lots of fun.

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 4

Seems like a good opportunity to train war machines if the walls are off deed.. just to match e-peen

Feel free, I'll even give you some 95ql rock shards to launch at em!......may take you a few years though.

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 1

Nope.  I'm around 15-20 minutes (use to be 40-50 minutes) away from it,  moved here with a few friends that wanted to keep the area quite, and we also met more that wanted the same.

..........until the highway, which is the main reason I fear it will happen, and know it will (Don't believe me? Ask anyone that knows me, same crap happened to me on deli, Even after moving.....twice) So yes,  I will be walling more areas,  and preparing other measures  :)

Ps:  read the skills I just listed.  over 55. xD

This is way off topic, but you've casted the line... and that shiny lure looks too good to pass up.

What Deli highway are you specifically referring to? I recall one of your Deli residences... or close enough. It is marked in the spoiler with a teal X as to your rough location.

ekh83UX.png

I ask what highway because I remember when you came to the game.... wasn't that long ago. Perhaps almost a year now, maybe a hair more. I also remember which roads existed before you even knew about the game. There is only one in the picture that popped up after you settled into Wurm, and that was the road south of you that hugs along Shark Lake.... hardly what you'd call a highway.

If you're referring to the highway that runs from GD to the south ocean, you're full of horseshit because I built that road within the first 3 months of Deli's release.... waaaaay before you came to Wurm.

Lastly, why are you bringing up your skill set to me? Were you a runner at Pendleton? I don't think you were. And if you were, yes... you had those skills.... not many other runners did. (But honestly, iirc, you bought established characters coming in to Wurm. Buying skills that someone else worked on is less impressive than getting 45 body str yourself.... not really impressing me at all there. :P)

Here, I will say what you want me to say....just so you feel better:

(Had you acquired it on your own) I consider people with 50+ body str to be an above average skilled player. 40+ is mediocre (average). 70+ is bad-ass. 80+ is demigod.

I only take characteristic skills into consideration when I judge player type. That's where the real deal is at/proof how much "work" you've done. 

• Like 1

Just decided to read this topic today, and disappointed on how much stabbings each others involved. No one would even know who have secondary intention in mind beside the host so pointing at each others won't solve a thing.

Last year ago we got like four impalongs on different season or was it more.... and seems none of them last longer than single impalong even thought I think they are mostly good moments. The whole caring impalong is already a difficult job, any secondary goals whatever it is for market fame, personal fame, pride of deed, pride of group / kingdom might make it difficult. If the group that backup the votes do help on the event, it will be great. If they just support the voting, the event won't be so well and it is theirs own problems.

Skills argument... Trust doesn't come from high or low skills. Afterall, if you are not known to people, how do even people know your skills is TRUE? Gonna be awkward if the process of getting resources access is to prove that skill by doing an imp first. I was on the last Willow's impalong, and am I wrong to observe that Willow knows a lot of people that she knows who to trust on the resources? Tho of course not everyone have friends as much as her, then I would suggest for whoever win to make sure he have his group of trustee that willing to kick the ball rolling and from that look forward for people that are well known and willing to help to distribute the resources so these team can cover 24/7. There also this possibility of have two containers, one is limited to caretakers, another is public.. the public ones have a few resources for grab for emergency and small usages, the limited ones work like usual. Back on talking about skills, I have been trusted to resources on three different impalongs and my skills is crap because I'm slacking on them, I rather go talk with everyone and impalongs give me chance to talk, play in competitions, go back and forth bringing items, or held sermons. :)

I never held impalong but I ever create and take care a newbie shelter. Only last around six months before I burned out for various reasons. I am now busy with permanent project on chaos so most likely I won't be at impalong but good luck on people who pursue it and I wish everyone enjoy theirs time. I hope my yapping somehow helps but apologize before hand if I insult anyone.

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 2

Sorry decay, not trying to get you mad or argue, so don't take it that way.

And your close enough on that mark (I was on the left side for my second deed) of where you have that mark, I didn't say anything about that highway though (that was there for God knows how long before I moved in). But that area constantly was griefed (obviously because of how close to spawn it was)

Right now, I'm referring to Xanadu d-10/11 area, may have cord 1 of, but that's about correct. I was here with a few others (and some even beat me here) well before a highway was even thought of.

It's not so much I have a problem with people wantin the highway... I understand why, it helps a lot. But for me, every time I've lived on a highway, it always leads to new players joining the game, going by, half-making a area, and then leaving the game. (And they always seem to want to do this as close as possible to a deed)

Overall, looking at it, it "helps" more then it hurts the few players that live here already, but it doesn't mean I like it. Especially since the area before it existed was extreme "wilderness" and that's why we moved here.

Basically, picture someone without any good reason just going to your home you expected to be out of the way, then placing a highway ON your perimeter that nobody really wants in your area (or uses)

I've seen one person so far use that highway (which is a good thing for me, not gonna complain nobody uses it XD)

That's why I'm afraid of the Impalong. A lot of people are going to be in this area. Vets and Noobs, and in my experience, more players = more trashed a place gets.

Not every player (or even close to all) are like that, but players that lack the knowledge of how wurm works yet, or just don't care, always seem to find there way.

Edit: and I'll throw this out there, I have other valid reasons not to want the Impalong hosted here. But there's a rule for name and shame...lucky. (funny, I was just arguing that was a good rule >_>)

Edited by Druidnature

I'm sure the trustee system was fine with the trustees but it didn't work so well for the impers that actually needed the material. Not that it matters since the fps drops are unappealing and people told me to "not bother" since I'm apparently lazy and a useless imper since I don't want to sail for several hours to get to an impalong where me and my friends would crash repeatedly anyway because of the heavy density of people.

Edit:
I feel I have to ask - For whom is the Impalong? Because in my mind the Impalong is meant to be a social gathering to raise the Christmas spirit. Which of course the community is doing a great job of accomplishing at the moment /sarcasm

Since Wurm has huge memory leaks it's impossible for a lot of people to attend if it's held in one location only. The proposition of holding it in multiple locations is being shut down almost to a point of being ignored. Why? - Because people feel the need to promote their own deeds. Sharing "the glory" of hosting the event along with others is apparently not enough for some, even though the point of the Impalong isn't to promote your deed and show the rest of the players what a great host you are.

Fact is, on top of the fps drops, that Sailing in itself is a big turnoff for many (me included) and instead of being gracious about it and trying to find a solution that would enable people who can't sail for hours to attend I am being told that since I am too lazy to sail for hours that I would be too lazy to be an efficient imper. First off: I have spent MANY hours improving people's items for free at previous years' impalongs and Secondly: What do you think people are? A bunch of volunteer workers on an assignment? We're not partaking in community events to be slaves in front of a forge, why are we expected to sail for hours to serve people for free? We're not anyone's goddamn servants, we're people who spend part of our spare time having fun with others and improving items as a token of good will towards our fellow players.

So to summarize the content so far:
The Impalong is a place for a player to showoff his/her deed and where people with a deep love for sailing and a super computer that can handle the memory leaks are allowed to walk around and where the diligent workers are shackled to their designated stations for hours, begging others for raw material since they might steal otherwise. This is the ideal Impalong... Or did I misinterpet some of the posts here?

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 6

<snip>

So to summarize the content so far:

The Impalong is a place for a player to showoff his/her deed and where people with a deep love for sailing and a super computer that can handle the memory leaks are allowed to walk around and where the diligent workers are shackled to their designated stations for hours, begging others for raw material since they might steal otherwise. This is the ideal Impalong... Or did I misinterpet some of the posts here?

Edited by Moxie
  • Like 1

By the tone of some of these posts in this thread here, it looks as though a Wurmian tradition will not even happen due to a few ubiquitous people who do not want others to actually enjoy the annual event and are more concerned with pushing their own self interested and bias agenda.

Sad.

• Like 2

By the tone of some of these posts in this thread here, it looks as though a Wurmian tradition will not even happen due to a few ubiquitous people who do not want others to actually enjoy the annual event and are more concerned with pushing their own self interested and bias agenda.

Sad.

Notice how all of them are also offering to help others.

I've not followed this Impalong thread much, but the general consensus from people is that people are becoming sour because they want their deed to host impalong. If things continue down this line, the whole purpose of impalong will no longer hold true, and when we come to that road we won't have impalong to argue over. I applaud the people who are willing to help out other deeds, even if theirs is not selected.

If we can't have a civilized discussion of the pros and cons and can't be diplomatic, then perhaps Impalong will no longer be a global event, but rather be fractured into local communities, then the same will happen again, fighting over rights to hold an 'official' event. Soon we'll all break off into factions who don't trust each other and all have hate towards each other.

Notice where we're heading people, fix your ways before it becomes too late. Sorry for being a little dramatic here, but some people are being so selfish and are clouded to the impact of their actions on the community as a whole. We're all family, start acting like such.

Edited by Radon
  • Like 1

glasshollow market looks great!

so did PPM......get my point, Doc? 

Same case here.......sadly with more then one though  :ph34r:

The drama makes me want to abstain from voting. If I do, it will be for the place that I think will be the easiest trip for the most people who want to participate.

What I REALLY want to say though, is I think having 2 winter impalongs is a bad idea. 

Oh! And some advice. I learned several impalongs ago that I'm a control freak, and happiest if I don't have to ask for things. If you can bring your own stuff to imp with, just do it and save yourself the hassle in case there aren't enough official helpers. Also meal making supplies. Much easier now with crates instead of being the dork who plants a FSB at the docks (koff).

This thread belongs in the Xanadu section because it is an advert for Glass Hollow Market. No consideration has been offered to those of us that play the other servers, Show off your deed, but if you are wanting to hold the Imp-along, then show a bit of respect  

• Like 1

Mybe you need show some respect to players who are willing to host it.  And i dont think i need to tell you why... 

I think the whole notion of the impalong has been lost unfortunately. An impalong should be about helping other players. and not about showing off "epeens". Instead of people wanting to help others, I see a flame war.

Can we please just grow up and figure things out?

• Like 1

wow this is so sad on so many levels..

respect is earned.

all who are willing to house should get some  Respect increased by 10.0000 to 11.0000

calling each other names is not working..

at this rate there will be none or 4 on xana and one on each sever.