Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 38

If it is not possible to make a simple right click to remove the bar on the walls, maybe make a function where you can renovate the wall to make it into the wall type you want.

It could cost the price of a new wall or half that dose not matter, it is the part that you have to bash the walls down :)

This could be restricted to wall types like stone one category and timber in the other.

• Like 1

MISSING

#################################

\||/ \||/ \||/

|| || ||

|| || ||

PLEASE RETURN IF FOUND

• Like 5

Trimless Walls

Another version of the stone brick wall without the wooden trims that is between the wall parts horizontally.

The thought here being that firstly it makes for more variation and secondly a more clean unified look for larger exterior walls of multi story houses or castles.

It also has a smaller caste like window.

I will hit you with some in progress shots of this very soon.

This. Thank you. Wish I had known about this earlier (I was VERY MUCH wishing the stone walls did not have the wood trim) but all is well. I gained good Masonry skill and tearing down all the stone walls and replacing them with the new (again) trimless stone walls will yield even more skill gain.

Thank you Devs for trimless stone walls :)

(I doubt the Team will give a way to wave a magic wand and "renovate" our stone walls, not the Wurm way to do things, so time to start making more mortar and stone bricks.)

Edited by geode

MISSING

#################################

\||/ \||/ \||/

|| || ||

|| || ||

PLEASE RETURN IF FOUND

Some people can never be pleased... even when there are only great news, they still find reasons to complain... amazing...

I'm sure devs are working hard on bridges and we'll have them as soon as they are ready; we just need to have a bit more patience and actually appreciate the great updates we're receiving. :)

Edited by Lovefall
  • Like 1

thank you again Dev team for continued great offerings.  i feel like charlie bucket..was that his name from willy wonka n chocolate factory...seeing the new update post is like opening the chocolate bar in hopes of the golden ticket type excitement.  the select bar seems interesting n look forward to that intuitive interface.  Really nice to see affliction get a redo..i've heard many comment on the very small size.  Maybe this will spawn a rebirth of that server...after all aren't we all sorta afflicted anyway?

Big congrats to the design competition winners they looks awesome and inspire new ideas for later.   

I like the idea of the seamless new wall option..is there a way to get a fence wall like that too..so that when you connect two house plans of stone wall with a tall wall fence it flows seamless as well.  that way especially on pvp hard to readily tell where long house n tall wall start n stop.  moreover aesthetically would be nice to connect two stone buildings with a tall wall in a seamless continuous look

Edited by Greasygrundle

This is what a status update on bridges would probably look like:

"Bridges aren't ready yet. Devs are still busy fixing bugs and stuff. Now here's a picture of the same bridges you've seen before, except from a slightly different angle."

They see people complaining about bridges every single week. They haven't forgotten you, even though I'm sure they'd like to.

• Like 4

Great updates, Loving the sound of the new bar!

and omg, didn't see the library one, only kegans which was great.  That library though, AMAZING! :o

DOE and Kegan did a great job :)

Nic's is a bit to plane for my liking (more of a fan of a ton of details)  but It gives me that skyrim-feeling :P  just needs a few carpets nic!!!

I was going to add the red carpets to mine, but in order to take the screenshot i had to build a platform outside of the house(part of the structure). What i didnt realize, I was going to need to knock down all the walls above and to the sides of that little platform to remove it afterwards.

I didn't think of adding the carpets till after I took the screenshot and bashed it down :P

• Like 1

Nice updates as usual, small suggestion -  introduce new walls with trim, and make current walls trimless, will save bashing down entire castles. I'm sure majority of peeps don't like trim above the ground floor.

• Like 1

Even though I have never been BL, I do agree that BLH has needed a new home server for a very long time. However, a lot of people (myself included) would prefer that all of Epic be wiped and replaced with a single new map. 4096x4096 tiles seems ideal, but please make it a nice map (hint look at Desertion).

• Like 2

Hmm toolbelt and select bar should make for a handy combo.

Love the decoration winners  :D

This was a well rounded news update! Lot of info about various projects being worked on, the recognition of Affliction's problem and a solution, and lastly the recognition and update about connectivity issues for the bulk of the player base.

Nicely done, Johan and team!

• Like 1

Thanks for the map reset devs, I'm looking forward to seeing if I can find a nice place like I used to have on BLH

• Like 2

I'm wondering if the the "select bar" will only update on click and not click-drag cause right now everytime you turn your char the select bar updates with what ever you start dragging with your mouse on

Also will the select bar be working on inventory items or only "world" items?

The select bar will only update on click, and not click-drag.

It will only work on "world" items.

Will existing stone walls be turned to trimless? I dont really feel like rebuilding our 12 story complex just to get rid of the wooden beams on the stone walls :D

Well as others have said we wont just turn the old walls to the new types, because that would just anger those who wants to keep the old ones, and we don't want to force those who wants to replace the old ones to bash them down and rebuild, so instead we are thinking of using some tool to remove the wood part.

• Like 19

that would be great ErikN =D I love seen the Devs talk about the functions before they come out, helps us prepare.

Well as others have said we wont just turn the old walls to the new types, because that would just anger those who wants to keep the old ones, and we don't want to force those who wants to replace the old ones to bash them down and rebuild, so instead we are thinking of using some tool to remove the wood part.

I like this, I like this much

That is amazing news! Thank you! :D

Some people can never be pleased... even when there are only great news, they still find reasons to complain... amazing...

I'm sure devs are working hard on bridges and we'll have them as soon as they are ready; we just need to have a bit more patience and actually appreciate the great updates we're receiving. :)

Who is complaining?  Sure the update is great for some people, but it doesn't interest me, so I'm enquiring creatively about bridges.

Honestly, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you in MR, but you've been on a hate campaign ever since against anyone even remotely affiliated with MR, even if they've never done anything to you.  Get over it, move on.

That said - any news on bridges? (since apparently my post wasn't clear enough...)

Maybe use a stone chisel or something to remove it? Make it maybe for a month after the new model comes out? (or can leave it perma - as long as the wall is 0 damage and you are on the writ of the house)

Maybe use a stone chisel or something to remove it? Make it maybe for a month after the new model comes out? (or can leave it perma - as long as the wall is 0 damage and you are on the writ of the house)

We are thinking about using the pliers for it since they currently have no use. And also debating if it's going to be a permanent change or not, I'm in favor of a permanent one (it's less work for me to leave it in, and as you all should know by now that is the way I like it  :P).

• Like 5