Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Day Night Compass

I am not sure how hard this would be to add and i know you can get a third party clock but it would be nice if the in game compass were to have a crude way to tell the time. I have simple example of this below. ( note my great paintshop skills, lol)

SP8W3Xv.jpg

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

hmm, Extremely simple, and potentially Extremely helpful.  I love it!  +1

Reason I like it, Sometimes I don't like being in the dark, so I just go mine - It'd be nice to know when I can come back up in the day. :)

And generally I just like knowing what time it is in the day.

• Like 1

isn't this just a much slower  way to tell the time when what we have now? right now you click a key and see the time,with this you need to stop moving and wait for the compass to settle.

noooo kegan

this instead please, its a sundial compass :P

pocketsundialcoppercomp.jpg

powder-cask-sundial.jpg

Edited by Aum

isn't this just a much slower  way to tell the time when what we have now? right now you click a key and see the time,with this you need to stop moving and wait for the compass to settle.

+1 you already have an accurate magical clock at the type of a command, why not have a visual representation that is entirely optional? The devs seem to be adding more UI lately so this seems like a good time as any.

Well this would be a change, instead of Microsoft stealing inventions from everyone else, now wurm may steal the minecraft compass from microsoft.

Well this would be a change, instead of Microsoft stealing inventions from everyone else, now wurm may steal the minecraft compass from microsoft.

So......Microsoft stole it from nintendo then? :o

Wow i love the idea of a sundial (make the token a working sundial!) but for the main suggestion, I think I prefer hitting the time button. I have a bind to /time on one of my mouse buttons, so it's quick, and no extra clutter on the ui.

Good luck with the suggestion though.

Remember, sundials don't work at night!   :rolleyes:

and underground

I'm often spending a lot of time underground mining, brick making, smithing etc. Sometimes I'm in mood to go to surface to hunt or doing something else usefull. In such times I'm thinking is there now day or night? Answer is hidden in /time, but checking compass is so much more welcome solution :)

+1