Sign in to follow this  
Miniroll

Path of Power Lava/Freeze bug

Ok, this is going to be complicated to explain but it is a somewhat game breaking bug and would be worth while to fix.

In a recent event where I Lava'd a cliff tile, froze it again to turn it into rock to make a mine entrance the actual cave tile underneath it turned into a lava tile which had to be froze again to get rid of.

Now, the actual lava tile underground had no effects of being lava, it didn't hurt nor have I seen it spread underground, so why does it exist? o.O

All I could see myself doing now was making a ridiculous safe mine where on top of having reinforced tiles I could also have lava tiles so that if an enemy raids they would have to bring someone on Path of Power to get in.

OP right?

I am yet to do some further science on it, to check if when it does spread the tile it spreads onto turns into lava underneath as well?

And If you cant erupt a lava tile underground how come you can freeze one?

I sat there for 20mins making sure I had collapsed everything to find out it was a damn lava tile >.< so much rage

All I could see myself doing now was making a ridiculous safe mine where on top of having reinforced tiles I could also have lava tiles so that if an enemy raids they would have to bring someone on Path of Power to get in.
Edited by Serpentarius

Go to the lava wall in the mine, right click on the lava mine wall ->Freeze. The tile will become rock shard again.

I know... that's what I did, but with the method of putting lava on the surface making lava tiles underneath would make a safemine ridiculously safe, because enemies would have to have Path of Power, and can only do it once a day..

So, just to understand: what do you consider a bug here? Are you saying that you erupted and then froze from the surface, turning the tile into rock, while underground it stayed lava (different than the surface)? So are there two freeze actions required for one erupt?

Edited by Marshlander

So, just to understand: what do you consider a bug here? Are you saying that you erupted and then froze from the surface, turning the tile into rock, while underground it stayed lava (different than the surface)? So are there two freeze actions required for one erupt?

Seems unintended and probably should be looked into (of course, not until it's been abused for months), but in the meantime we can call Rolf to let us in anyway so there's no problem for now.

• Like 1

Hey, you wont know I've used it till you cant get to all my goodies ^^

I probably wont use it though, i need more turbo nerd to do that.

It could just be.. a window of opportunity, like every--thing in wurm.

Edited by Miniroll
  • Like 1

Maybe people would go power if... well... (see name)

Anyway, I thought it was supposed to work this way? Gotta love wikimyths.

I would assume that freezing the tile again would freeze the one underneath, i guess not then lol.

^ Doesn't the wiki say that though? I know it used to, but I'm too lazy to check with the possibility of having to look through every single edit ever made to find confirmation.

I see the bug, but not sure how lava is overpowered.

You can only make it 1x/day.  It must be off-deed, in your own kingdom, and be within a magranon altar influence iirc.  Magranon priests can walk over it without taking harm, and player made lava tiles for the most part only last a few weeks.

To freeze it, does not have to be in a magranon influence and can be done in any kingdom.

Edited by leaf

I see the bug, but not sure how lava is overpowered.

You can only make it 1x/day.  It must be off-deed, in your own kingdom, and be within a magranon altar influence iirc.  Magranon priests can walk over it without taking harm, and player made lava tiles for the most part only last a few weeks.

To freeze it, does not have to be in a magranon influence and can be done in any kingdom.

Requirements for lavaing the floor are:

In your kingdom

In Mag influence

Rock tile

Freezing can be done anywhere.

the fact it turns a rock tile underground into lava is what I see exploitable, heh balls to it, i might aswell make a lava+reinforcement safe cave, will be hilarious...

I try to erupt lava tiles on my deed, but after the timer ended i got an error message "nothing happens", but couple of tiles away i was successfull.

I went to check if there is a tunnel system underneath. I discovered a tunnel running under the tiles, i wanted lava on and i also saw the lava tile that i could erupt.

I also discovered that the orginial tile what i wanted to turn into lava is a mined out tile. This could be the reason that i couldnt erupt lava there (outlined).

11qhcib.jpg

Edited by Zkovacs

Update, after collapsing the mined out tiles, the erupting worked.