Sign in to follow this  
Mahngiel

Planting sprouts centered in tile

I'm surprised the search didn't pull up any results on this, but I'd like to suggest that planting sprouts centers the item on the tile.  Understandably, randomly seeded tiles are at the whim of nature, and therefore subject to randomness; however, manually planting a sprout should be in center-tile.  It makes sense to me that when you plant a row of trees/bushes, the farmer intends for the crop to be aligned instead of the haphazard/random distribution method that is in play

• Like 8

+1 as a option, the random look needs to also stay in though.

Could you imagine someone planting a forest, perfectly straight, when that wasn't there intention? Lol!

• Like 1

Been suggested many times to have a way to control the planting on a tile actually, as in some cases you gets trees jutting right into closed buildings' walls. Ideas are generally split the tile into quadrants (nine usually).

(Also, the forum search isn't too great, you can find more via Google :P)

• Like 2

+1 for a sub menu at 30 forestry

Plant Sprout

Natural

Centered

• Like 3

+1 as a option, the random look needs to also stay in though.

Could you imagine someone planting a forest, perfectly straight, when that wasn't there intention? Lol!

My on deed tree farm of each type of tree needs to be straight to please the OCD.

/bows to OCD

Idk. i'd love to plant a forest and look down the tile border all the way through. Also, it'd make harvesting so much better IMO.

But yeah, i do see your point

I would too, especially for a winery! But if I want a natural forest.... Ouch!

And as shrimpiie said, I'd LOVE the 9-small spots to pick, but I doubt will see that personally. :/

Also, we need a plant keybind still...

+1

Centering would do if we can't get a "grid" style of placement. Also keeping the random option would be great. I'm tired of olive/oak trees clipping through my walls :(

I'm surprised the search didn't pull up any results on this, but I'd like to suggest that planting sprouts centers the item on the tile.  Understandably, randomly seeded tiles are at the whim of nature, and therefore subject to randomness; however, manually planting a sprout should be in center-tile.  It makes sense to me that when you plant a row of trees/bushes, the farmer intends for the crop to be aligned instead of the haphazard/random distribution method that is in play

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 1

Yep this have been suggested before... and as always +1

Edited by Lucas

+ 1

No matters if it was requested before, it would be really great to get the option.

We got so many submenues last time, perhaps this one will be possible, too?

Thanks!

Plant Sprout

Natural

Centered

Plant Sprout

Natural

Centered

+1 for the main idea, and +2 for the 'sub-idea'

an OCD option at a skill threshold is excellent.

I have no problem with extra choice so +1 for the sub-menu choice idea.

-1 though for centered as default. It would make it impossible to plant a "natural" forest.

• Like 1

It needs to be a gardening or forestry related skill perk...at so-and-so level you can center a plant. This really needs to be added. It has been asked for over years and years and years.

Edited by Othob Rithol

Plant Sprout

Natural

Centered

No way for this submenu!!! I have planted many thousands of sprouts and I don't want to have another section added to the menu like this to have to make an additional selection every time I plant a sprout. This would purely appeal to others who plant some sprouts now and then and don't realize the added clicking and selection it would involve for planting each and every sprout.

The OP's repeated suggestion made by others before is in itself a good one but if added it needs to be done in such a way to be an option not connected to the current sprout planting process.

While I am at it, it would be very nice to have sprout planting added to the crafting window. Right now hedges can be planted using it and I find it to be a nice time saver when the procedure is learned to use it efficiently. I don't know how planting sprouts the regular way could be added to it though.

=Ayes=

Plant Sprout

Natural

Centered

No way for this submenu!!! I have planted many thousands of sprouts and I don't want to have another section added to the menu like this to have to make an additional selection every time I plant a sprout. This would purely appeal to others who plant some sprouts now and then and don't realize the added clicking and selection it would involve for planting each and every sprout.

These are both valid and conflicting points. Mayhaps instead of yet-another-submenu, "Plant" under "Nature" can be replaced by "Plant natural" and "Plant centered"?  And yes, definitely bound to skill level of forestry/other

Why not an option to "transplant to center" on bushes/tree that are in the very youngest growth stage? Keeps menu clutter down all around.

Edit: And I think maybe this should be an on-deed only option.

Edited by Othob Rithol

Why not an option to "transplant to center" on bushes/tree that are in the very youngest growth stage? Keeps menu clutter down all around.

Edit: And I think maybe this should be an on-deed only option.

...Not so sure about on-deed only, I've seen some roadside landscaping that would benefit from some regularity...

absolutely! a lot of effort goes into roads/highways calculating slopes. flattening borders out. etc. if you're going to landscape the sides of them, it shouldn't look any less intentional than the roadway created.

Why not an option to "transplant to center" on bushes/tree that are in the very youngest growth stage?

I like your idea as well.

I'm all in favor of having a bit more control over shaping our Wurm worlds. :)

I think the replant option is better though. Like Ayes said, its had enough that we have to drop>on ground, and whatnot. Sub-menus just add more time and clicks. Keep plant as it is, but add a transplant/replant option.

Also not "to center" make it randomized or sequential, so that we can plant exactly where we want (and yes i've had a number of times where i wished for a plant to be off-center, or simply on the opposite corner where it landed)... Having it cycle the various positions instead of a command for the 9 positions possible would be a bit crappy interface wise.

Make it give some skill (but not too much), allow it only before mature, and you're set, having a small skill gain compensates the player for having to cycle through the positions to set it right, and the growth stage prevents too easy afk grinds.

Just planted a bunch of decorative cherry trees. look like crap with the random distribution.

Selection_030.png

• Like 1

I've done the same and they end up looking good when fully grown.

Where this is really needed is when the tree is over on the very far edge of the tile and pushes into buildings or clips through fences.

Edited by Othob Rithol

+1 My Doctor checked my wurmian tree farm and said the status quo is not helping my case and doubled my medication

• Like 1

Typically brought up as a skill unlock for gardening, forestry, or whatever.

Edited by Klaa