Sign in to follow this  
Hordern

A Paving option to give the rock graphic

Simply enough, a paving style that looks like the rock texture (like a stone mine door). Perhaps even just the ability to pave a tile with a stone mine door would even work?

• Like 2

Maybe a new slab type? Well, by that I mean it's created the same, placed the same, but instead looks like rock,

I like it. We could then have a seamless path leading right up to the mountain.

+1, but imo it has to look slightly different from the actual rock.

Round cobblestone is the best option at the moment, if you want as matching as possible with current pavement types.

+1, but this could easily get confusing when someone goes and tries to mine/tunnel the paved tiles...

+1, but this could easily get confusing when someone goes and tries to mine/tunnel the paved tiles...

Four (?) cement in inventory, shovel or trowel activated, right click some option for paving with cement.

Rock tile.

Granted this could be used to create super walls and defenses, so perhaps some kind of slope limitation, which works kinda in RL as steep slopes require temporary support.

Buuuump!

Not sure why I didn't respond to the post I quoted above, but one solution would be for a mouse-over to show it as paving - rock slabs - or something similar.

On 9/15/2014 at 9:23 AM, PsMaster said:

New players also try to tunnel into mine doors, and struggle a bit until we help them understand the mechanics.  The tool tip of "pavement" would help the learning process.  No tool tip for "mine door" though.  /pvp

On 9/15/2014 at 4:01 PM, Klaa said:

Granted this could be used to create super walls and defenses, so perhaps some kind of slope limitation, which works kinda in RL as steep slopes require temporary support.

Pavement can be removed with a shovel easily enough.

+This would create many design choices not currently open unless one surface mines a hill to create the natural rock face.

Edited by Onyr
Splelign
  • Like 1

Makes it too easy to hide mine doors in plain sight.

16 hours ago, Onyr said:

Pavement can be removed with a shovel easily enough.

Assuming such an implementation even uses the paving system.

This is more along the lines of changing the tile entirely, from say dirt to rock.

Overall, aye any support system should be fairly straightforward in removal. Similar situation or example is the current underground construction, which has been delayed on pvp servers till countermeasures are in place (besides bashing that takes forever).

On 02/06/2016 at 7:54 AM, Wargasm said:

Makes it too easy to hide mine doors in plain sight.

I can't see why it would especially matter. If PvP, people can already do that by just removing the dirt around it. If they don't bother, it doesn't matter enough to hide it. If Freedom - well, if you don't know where it is, why would you need to know? Public routes are generally clearly marked with other things anyway.