Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

BC gain increase

51 bc is 51% chance to dodge right off the bat. Kellyt is right about what the stats do so was shriimpe.

Edited by Youngsoldier

Joemog is correct. Body strength affects both damage and resistance, in and out of combat. I had always heard that it was body until someone told me it was strength. I tested just two nights ago and body didn't appear to matter for reduction; body strength did.

I'm relatively certain that body stamina does not function as a health pool, but I could be wrong as I've never tested.

Body control maybe affects evading. 51 body control is nowhere near 51% chance to evade. Anyone who's played this game for more than five minutes should know that body control means next to nothing. A naked account with 70 body control fighting an account with equal CR is absolutely not going to evade anywhere near 70% of the time. If that were true, it would begin to seem counterproductive to even wear plate armor with high body control if archery isn't a factor, as 100ql plate gives exactly 70% damage reduction + glance while killing the ability to evade.

Mind speed affects overheating noticeably as well as it seems to affect sorcery spells.

Soul depth affects your cast power. Soul strength does nothing.

It would be nice if the test server were more accessible for non-GM players so that some things like stats which are extremely difficult to test could actually be tested easily.

Edited by Aflacduck
  • Like 7

Dodge chance is 1/3 of your body control and then there is an armour modifier so plate for example reduces your chance by 1/3. I have done some math on it i can show you guys when i am on my computer, but essentiaĺly the dodge does very little.

• Like 1

and Dodge is liked to BC, so that is his intention? nerf Dodge?

soul strength affects dominate attempts. its not much but not 'nothing' either.

we don't even have 'hit points' and nothing affects 'overall health' - only evade, glance and damage reduction abilities/perks.

the thing with stamina is that you need stamina for actions and abilities. get low on stamina and you are pretty much dead combating a same CR enemy.

Aye thats why Rolf removed Body Stamina gains from a number of skills including some of the resource-gathering ones.

How about we completely revert archery and BC to where they were before anything was changed? This whole deal sucks.

Also Kaih that is untrue. We do have hit points, but you normally see them as a percentage in your health bar. You can see them with get info on path of knowledge and in terms of damage when you land a blow on a creature or animal on the test server (or when one hits you). Your overall body and body stamina are known to contribute to your overall hit points, but like I said, they are expressed as percent in your health bar and in wounds. Stamina is similar, as it is expressed in percent but has a hidden numerical value (also seen with get info). I believe some other character stats (food, water, etc.) are also similar in expression.

Edited by SotG_is_OP

Your overall body and body stamina are known to contribute to your overall hit points, but like I said, they are expressed as percent in your health bar and in wounds. Stamina is similar, as it is expressed in percent but has a hidden numerical value (also seen with get info).

Known according to whom?  I feel like people are ignoring the fact that it's actually been tested...

• Like 3

Known according to whom?  I feel like people are ignoring the fact that it's actually been tested...

gary is right

How about we completely revert archery and BC to where they were before anything was changed? This whole deal sucks.

Also Kaih that is untrue. We do have hit points, but you normally see them as a percentage in your health bar. You can see them with get info on path of knowledge and in terms of damage when you land a blow on a creature or animal on the test server (or when one hits you). Your overall body and body stamina are known to contribute to your overall hit points, but like I said, they are expressed as percent in your health bar and in wounds. Stamina is similar, as it is expressed in percent but has a hidden numerical value (also seen with get info). I believe some other character stats (food, water, etc.) are also similar in expression.

If you are referring to something like "Stamina level 65535", this is simply the maximum value an unsigned 16 bit integer can represent. I'm guessing Rolf decided it was more accurate/fun to store stamina like that instead of a floating point variable (like what hunger etc seem to be). It seems to be the same for all creatures though? From what I've seen 65535 simply corresponds to 100% and it will therefore not increase (there's no reason to choose exactly that value other than it being the maximum possible value for its data type, so no, stamina is not a value that increases).

Joemog is correct. Body strength affects both damage and resistance, in and out of combat. I had always heard that it was body until someone told me it was strength. I tested just two nights ago and body didn't appear to matter for reduction; body strength did.

I'm relatively certain that body stamina does not function as a health pool, but I could be wrong as I've never tested.

Body control maybe affects evading. 51 body control is nowhere near 51% chance to evade. Anyone who's played this game for more than five minutes should know that body control means next to nothing. A naked account with 70 body control fighting an account with equal CR is absolutely not going to evade anywhere near 70% of the time. If that were true, it would begin to seem counterproductive to even wear plate armor with high body control if archery isn't a factor, as 100ql plate gives exactly 70% damage reduction + glance while killing the ability to evade.

Mind speed affects overheating noticeably as well as it seems to affect sorcery spells.

Soul depth affects your cast power. Soul strength does nothing.

It would be nice if the test server were more accessible for non-GM players so that some things like stats which are extremely difficult to test could actually be tested easily.

When I was on test trying to figure out what offensive spells do a while back I had a GM set my mind speed to 99 to get rid of overheating, but it didn't seem to matter AT ALL. I still overheated within 4-6 worm brains casts. I think ErikN stated that for sorcery spells all it did was reduce the cast timer by like MS/10 seconds or something (look it up in the epic sorcery changes thread), so not at all that much.

Body control also seems to influence casting interrupt chance, I kept getting interrupted by the creatures I was testing on, but high body control pretty much removed those occurences.

I personally don't really get why BC was in need of a buff, I hit 50BC when 2 or 3 of my BC crafting skills were at 90, and I hit 50BS when 2/3 resource gathering skills were at 90. The gains for those skills seemed normal to me. The only thing that seemed very out of place to me were the archery gains. Man, those gains were absurd, when I was leveling archery to 70 I would hit 1BC/hour easily. It's dumb. Not sure how things are now, but looking at how he tackled the spell balance problem I would not be surprised if he just doubled all gains and called it a day.

• Like 1

When I was on test trying to figure out what offensive spells do a while back I had a GM set my mind speed to 99 to get rid of overheating, but it didn't seem to matter AT ALL. I still overheated within 4-6 worm brains casts. I think ErikN stated that for sorcery spells all it did was reduce the cast timer by like MS/10 seconds or something (look it up in the epic sorcery changes thread), so not at all that much.

Any sign of a revert or something?? BC gain now being crazy and all....yes I will probably be doing some BC related stuff, but this is still pretty crazy. Also changing the skillgain rate of such thing so far into the game/servers/characters is wrong, just wrong.

Rolf what happened to the old stance of valueing players skills and effort put into those skills above all.

EDIT: To clarify, -1 to the change just change it BACK to whatever it was before, before the archery change that got reverted, before this huge buff. Its stupid and devalues peoples skills.

Edited by Blob
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this