Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

BC gain increase

Something tells me that the people complaining about bridges every week are people who have never written a line of code in their lives.

• Like 4

I thought BC gain was fine prior to these recent changes. It's always been a bit on the faster side (while you're actually shooting) but seeing as you have to make and imp a bunch of arrows, find a good spot with lots of trolls or whatever, then go around collecting the arrows afterwards.. it all evened out. Not really sure why it's being tweaked now.

Something tells me that the people complaining about bridges every week are people who have never written a line of code in their lives.

• Like 3

Why would we need bridges........

Since the new patch allows you to Tame Dragons and put a saddle on them.. you can just fly everywhere

I'm personally not even sold on this even being in game yet.... after spending time shooting everything that moved today I can fairly say, the gains were completely horrible... almost bad enough that they were non-existant.

Has anyone else even tested these gains yet? 

I'm not saying it's the end of the world or anything, but for those who work hard for anything there is naturally a feeling of disappointment when suddenly everyone else can get the same thing more easily.

These players need to enjoy playing the game and not just do it for bigger numbers than everyone else for some kind of ego stroking :P.

• Like 1

I'm not saying it's the end of the world or anything, but for those who work hard for anything there is naturally a feeling of disappointment when suddenly everyone else can get the same thing more easily.  I don't suppose everyone feels the same, no, and indeed I'm kind of trying to see the bright side of it - I am mostly just honestly confused as to why this was felt necessary when anyone could get plenty of BC easily already.

This ;\

I also don't understand why BC was singled out; what about the other stats? All people had a problem with was BC being made slower thus being unfair to newer players; I don't think anyone actually wanted it to be made faster. Damage is done anyway I guess.

• Like 3

+1 to what Gavin Said.

Im to scared to even comment.

Who knows what compromiss fixed there will be next week.

Notice: The BC gain is still lower than prenerf, it is no complete rollback!

Notice: The BC gain is still lower than prenerf, it is no complete rollback!

These players need to enjoy playing the game and not just do it for bigger numbers than everyone else for some kind of ego stroking :P.

You forget that some people enjoy the grinding in wurm?

Also, in PvP stats really matter, especially body control, not really anything to do with ego lol

What does body control do that makes it especially matter?

You PvP, you tell me?

For the record:

With 22bc I can get 0.000624 bc ticks easily, without sleep bonus. Hardly awful now is it, especially for newbies who wanna ride a horse.

On that same char, 50 arrow shafts was 0.0186 body control.

Edited by Shadz

For archery yes.

Now you simply get bigger ticks doing archery, but you only get about 60% of the tick amount you used to.. so its nerfed roughly 40% now instead of 60%.

I just don't see the point of it being nerfed at all, I always saw the gain pretty fair, given the fact how hard it is to maintain a good stock on arrows.

You PvP, you tell me?

I disagree with the statement which is why I asked for clarification.

• Like 1

I disagree with the statement which is why I asked for clarification.

Well, to find out, all you have to do is fight someone with 60-70 body control.

Pretty much anyone who has ever fought anything in wurm knows what body control does, and living on a PvP server you should definitely know what it does

Edited by Shadz
  • Like 2

Alright well can someone explain to me what body control does that makes it especially matter in pvp?

I'm aware of the dodge and faster regaining from when stunned, but these aren't things that are anywhere near worth the time it takes even when "exploiting".

EDIT: Can we stop the "you SHOULD know" and "anyone knows" ###### and try having a constructive conversation?

I have 65 body control and have done a bit of number crunching on the test server and I just don't see body control as very important.

Edited by Joemog
  • Like 1

Every time there's this massive fight and everyone targets me and I get to use one or two fingers to count how many times I've evaded a blow, I question why I even care about body control

Literally the only important thing that body control seems to do is evading shield bashing and smaller stuns, but with the sorta old buff to shield bashing skill, everyone and their dog has or can get 50+ bashing

"As a rule, man's a fool. When it's hot, he wants it cool. When it's cool, he wants it hot. Always wanting what is not."

• Like 3

Something lied ;)

• Like 1

BC has long been one of the easiest characteristics to raise, in my experience, so I have no idea why anyone thinks it's a good idea to buff it.  

A few minutes with the carving knife today suggests to me that gains are indeed somewhat accelerated: I'm not sure if that makes me feel cheated about the work I put in to get where I am or pleased that I could now most probably grind to 70.

I think its a positive change, all characteristics have always been a pain to grind, and while BC has some chores that make it easier (smiths are keen on bc gains for one), i welcome anything that makes it better.

In fact too bad they didn't seize the chance and do a overall boost to all characteristc gains.

Good patch anyhow.

Alright well can someone explain to me what body control does that makes it especially matter in pvp?

I'm aware of the dodge and faster regaining from when stunned, but these aren't things that are anywhere near worth the time it takes even when "exploiting".

EDIT: Can we stop the "you SHOULD know" and "anyone knows" ###### and try having a constructive conversation?

I have 65 body control and have done a bit of number crunching on the test server and I just don't see body control as very important.

As a PVE'r better mounts mostly. On PvP i guess every small advantage in combat is a good thing. Its not like you get to "choose" your actions, so might as well try to influence everything beforehand.

Edited by KanePT

Im confused.

I havnt done archery, well last time i did it was over 3 years ago.

I recently came back to wurm after a ragequit.

Im 49 skill in archery and 33 skill in long bow.

I use a 80ql long bow

I made 33 x 30ql war arrows in a quiver

I shoot the bow and killed a hell horse and a normal horse with bad legs on deed

I used plate armor. 

17 arrows i must have lost or broke.

I shoot from a distance of 10 tiles

Then i checked out how much skill i got

i got absolute nothing, the skill text wasnt even green

the change said nothing, which means 0 gain in long bow, archery and body control

anyone know what i did wrong ?

Edited by Tissotx

Sign in to follow this