Sign in to follow this  
Firecat

Actually optimise Wurm

More optimization is always good! Graphic artists trying to code in memory leak fixes? ...not so good.

You don't have your interior decorator outside laying bricks when building a house, do you? They each specialize in what they do...

You seem mad. Get a better PC and stop complaining.

Intel i7-4820K

16gb ram

1x 125gb SSD, 2x 2tb HDD

GeForce GTX 770

and in PvP events, i have to relog the minute an enemy pops local, and depending on the size of the group relog before we go in, and i have to relog before we leave.

Every time i enter a deed, i have to relog, every time i cross servers i have to relog, every time i die i have to relog.

Its also gotten to the point where i relog 4-5 times an hour. Please stop with the get a better pc ######.

And yes, Rolf is known for spaghetti code.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

Intel i7-4820K

16gb ram

1x 125gb SSD, 2x 2tb HDD

GeForce GTX 770

you don't have a i7 5960x or a 295x2 crossfire or 64gb of ddr4 how can u expect 2 run wurm noob

no but a good start would be making it to where armor models aren't just slapped onto of player models

like a player in full armour w/ a shield and sword, riding a horse w/ a saddle and barding is like...13 things

Intel i7-4820K

16gb ram

1x 125gb SSD, 2x 2tb HDD

GeForce GTX 770

and in PvP events, i have to relog the minute an enemy pops local, and depending on the size of the group relog before we go in, and i have to relog before we leave.

Every time i enter a deed, i have to relog, every time i cross servers i have to relog, every time i die i have to relog.

Its also gotten to the point where i relog 4-5 times an hour. Please stop with the get a better pc ######.

And yes, Rolf is known for spaghetti code.

This is all true, except relogging (what a strange word).... doesn't help, it goes back to laggy performance the minuet you're back.

So it needs (which I am led to believe, is something they are thinking/working on all the time) continuous optimisation and refactoring.

As for the spaghetti code, 

1. You seem to have a fact there, please cite sources.

2. Wurm's development history was such that, any dev would have had the same, it got big, quick, and it doesn't help with a bunch of children crying on forums, as it adds to pressure.

Sub Suggestion, not related to the quote above:

1. Get some manners, or go elsewhere:

1.1 Make a forum post stating something in a less rude, sarcastic way (it will get more attention and credibility from Code Club)

1.2 Ask what you want, and then hope they take it serious or reply (which they seldom do on the suggestion boards, bad bad)

1.2.1 Wait more....

1.2.2 Come back in several weeks and bump it, and ask them to friggin reply at least with something like "we agree, noted" or "no, you're wrong sorry"...

there, my unbiased response to yet another silly silly assembled thread.

• Like 1

2. Wurm's development history was such that, any dev would have had the same, it got big, quick, and it doesn't help with a bunch of children crying on forums, as it adds to pressure.

Edited by Alec

This is all true, except relogging (what a strange word).... doesn't help, it goes back to laggy performance the minuet you're back. Nah, relogging typically fixes the memory leak issue, at least for me and others up until it starts to happen again about 30 mins afterwards, maybe later, depending on how much you move around.

So it needs (which I am led to believe, is something they are thinking/working on all the time) continuous optimisation and refactoring.

dev interviews, particularly the one that got removed. (the one that heavily implied they argued over who got to do the easy work.) and ErikN's mention of cleaning up messy code in karma spells thread.

nah, these problems have been around since beta, they havent been around since freedom got big, all thats happening is they become more and more of an issue with each patch.

Sub Suggestion, not related to the quote above:

1. Get some manners, or go elsewhere:

1.1 Make a forum post stating something in a less rude, sarcastic way (it will get more attention and credibility from Code Club)

1.2 Ask what you want, and then hope they take it serious or reply (which they seldom do on the suggestion boards, bad bad)

1.2.1 Wait more....

1.2.2 Come back in several weeks and bump it, and ask them to friggin reply at least with something like "we agree, noted" or "no, you're wrong sorry"...

there, my unbiased response to yet another silly silly assembled thread.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

I only have one question.  If the art team is looking for things to do, then why do we not have textures per wood type for every wooden object in the game?  It's the same model. Just make a new texture palette for it.  And while your at it, Make sure that every wood type matches each other in color.

Actually because of optimizations.  Every texture has to be opened up and loaded into the video card memory.  If you have a new card with 4Gb's of RAM, you can care less, but a card on lower end hardware, or embedded in a laptop has less RAM, it becomes a bottleneck.

One group of the devs is working to translate the textures into using more shaders to add colors and differentiate them from each other.  Shaders are a bit of graphics art and a bit of programming.  I'm sure they'll be added to a big update eventually.

I'm not exactly sure why are you even using the joke RedBaron_Johan made. It was clearly a joke and we all see it, but you decide to use it as an argument instead.

I'm not exactly sure why are you even using the joke RedBaron_Johan made. It was clearly a joke and we all see it, but you decide to use it as an argument instead.

There was no need to use what Red Baron said, I used it because it was easy and a confirmation of what I thought was the Devs work-flow and communication..

I could have use the hundreds of ninja updates, nerfs, fails, band aids and so on, that Devs did in the year that I've been playing alone.

And I could go and ask a someone who is playing since Wild and I would have even more reasons to think that Devs do stuff randomly and in a poor way.

One last thing, seriously, please, don't even make me start to talk about the super duper elite secrete committee.

I think you are over-reacting a bit with my pots.

But I forgive you, I laughed hard with that last sentence.

Surrender your pots!

I think you are over-reacting a bit with my pots.

But I forgive you, I laughed hard with that last sentence.

I belive those are the pots in question.

I belive those are the pots in question.

You belive waht pots?

hopethisdoesntlookliketoomuchfreebumpingwithderpiness

I'd take a few bugs here and there and a bit of a scattered work crew over any game created by EA in the last 2 years.

Heck if Rolf ran things like EA, he'd have fired dev staff years ago. Rehired cheaper, then fired.