Sign in to follow this  
Aeris

Bring back the old coffin

Since new furniture seems to be the trend:

Please bring back the old coffin model. Since the art team seems to like the new coffin model then keep that one as well, bring back the old coffin and rename it "simple compartment bench" or something.

You have the model, you have the code. Please?

It looks a bit morbid to have the new coffin model in the kitchen. I swear, I'm not a cannibal - It only looks like it.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 12

No - it's plain creepy having to keep stuff in a coffin.

Give the old model a wood texture finish with the same storage properties - and call it.....wait for it..

"drumroll".....

"storage box"!!!!!

(or whatever - but please make the model fit the usage because frankly...I don't know a SINGLE player who actually stores corpses in a coffin)

I believe she means bring the old existing model back in, and the code for a coffin, and name it something else.

Coffins were used as storage, but since the model update dont look well where they used to.

This would use barely any time for the devs as the code still exists (in the form of the current coffin code) and the model still exists (in the form of the old coffin model). Doesnt have to take the old name though

I believe she means bring the old existing model back in, and the code for a coffin, and name it something else.

Yeah. I think that's actually what I said as well.....but if that wasn't clear....it's what I meant..:)

+1 I like the new one, but I think we should also have the old renamed as some workshop chest.

It also used to fit well to forges and make a working surface of a sort

+1

My workshop looks like a tomb!  Time to replace all the coffins with the new wooden coffer, since it can hold long items too. :)

Edited by Badgirl

You hope they still have the old model  :P

Anyways, aye to having it renamed to something else such as Stone table, brick bench, masonry mantle, or something.

Bump. I hate having corpse containers in my house more each day.

Oh Yes Do it!!  Once in stone, once in wood (wood one named "glory box" in recognition of our aussie players + Bilbo -- UK calls these "bottom drawer" and US is hope chest or cedar chest) 

These date back ito medieval times, young girls used them to store their dowry items, cotton sheets, silver ware etc on hopes of a coming marriage and new life

glory box (same model just alternate texture)

Pict_5_457.jpg

plus the Stone workshop chest  (identical to old coffins, no change except in name only to keep them separated):

20131031190553!Coffin.png

I also have a great fondness for the old stone chests and find the new coffins too "creepy" to want in my workshop. But nothing else holds larger items as well so I am kinda forced to keep a few around :(

I agree a coffin should look like a coffin but I still want my old stone boxes back too....

Sinces the meshes and likely all the textures etc are already made, this should use almost no real "staff" time....?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

+1

I too wish they would bring these back as they were great round my forge.

they could be called stone chest

+1

Stone chest and huge chest (wood texture)

Please revert existing coffins but leave in option to create new model coffins

Please, lamps only fit in coffins, carts and rafts - All of which look like in your home.