Sign in to follow this  
DOE

HOTA item distribution

This suggestion is for Epic and Chaos players only. 

In Elevation all the villages of the same Kingdom are in the same Alliance. The Alliance has a capital. After winning the HOTA there are items that are sent to the token of that capital. 

These items are:

- 5 glimmersteel lumps

- 5 adamantine lumps

- 1 Hota statue

- 1 medallion

After playing on Elevation for 6 months I have not been rewarded any of these items. I have participated in HOTA more then 20 times with the winning Kingdom. 

Here is my suggestion to stop letting just one person control these items. 

m! If yoA point systeu attend the HOTA you are rewarded 1 HOTA point. You have to be online and in the HOTA zone to get the point and of course in the winning Kingdom. The person with the highest amount of points gets a item. After you get an item your points reset back to zero.

Example

15 people go to the HOTA and they are all the same kingdom. They win. Everyone is rewarded 1 point. 3 people are left without an item. Well, the next time they go and win they will for sure get something because the other 12 people have 0 points while the other 3 people have 1 point.

• Like 1

nah, it would benefit the alliance more.

if you have an issue, take it up with your alliance leader.

in BL, we have it on a rotation, and they are responsible for each side of the mountain, you would ask me or atazoth for glimmer/ada, and we would give you how much you need as long as its reasonable (e.g. dont ask for like 80kgs of glimmer)

Edited by Propheteer

-1. It's a group effort, should be group benefit. Sounds like you're being greedy.

-1. It's a group effort, should be group benefit. Sounds like you're being greedy.

How is rewarding everyone with something being greedy? I have not got anything from it in the 6 months I lived on elevation. 

not really a problem on chaos so maybe epic only. i can see some noob that just joined the kingdom not knowing what to do with the random moon metal he got and make a pickaxe or something stupid.

It would be nice if there was a system in place that encouraged people to participate and rewarded consistent participation. Currently it just rewards whomever is in control of the kingdom. I dont want to have to beg for a reward it would be nice if it could be earned by individual participation.

• Like 1

-1, just join a kingdom led by fair people and this wont be an issue. If you're gonna follow the greedy and corrupt, you're gonna have to deal with the consequences

I can see this ending like dragons if you want to go this route, where the end reward will be cut in half (or more) and then paticipants will get an even split of that and because hota is a zerg fest you're gonna walk away with .01 addy and glimmer. Will end up so awesome just like those .1 boulders

Be very careful what you wish for

Either there is (I) a problem with the leadership of your Kingdom or (II) individual personality issues. If you believe your Kingdom is systematically unfair then don't waste your time helping to contribute to them, stay at home during Hota, move back to home server or convert to BL, nice guys over there

no need to regulate this via game mechanics

good luck

Edit: honestly it does suck if you participated so many times and never got any moon metals...and this thread seems like everyone is against you too...but did you try having a conversation about this with the leaders of your kingdom  (dont know which one you are in). If they seems completely unreasonable then you'll have to think of another course of action. Regards!

Edited by Atlas

Since we have a rotation between all the participating villages... who are you?

Let's clarify the problem with hota wins.  You get 2kg of glimmersteel and adamantine lumps, cool.  Lets say we make 1 helm and 1 weapon of each type from this.  This means, we need maybe... 3 or 4 wins at best to make one of each, for one person. 

Now lets factor in that a large kingdom may have say.... 10 to 15 people participating in hotas.  What does this mean?

At minimum you need:  30 wins to make everyone 1 helm and 1 weapon fairly

At maximum you need: 60 wins to make everyone 1 helm and 1 weapon fairly

Basically understand it's not a simple matter of giving everyone what they want, and a "fair" distribution would only screw everyone over and pretty much end up with nobody able to make anything.  Trust your alliance or do your own thing

• Like 1

If you feel betrayed by your alliance, make your own and win HOTA.

It would be nice if there was a system in place that encouraged people to participate and rewarded consistent participation. Currently it just rewards whomever is in control of the kingdom. I dont want to have to beg for a reward it would be nice if it could be earned by individual participation.

it rewards the alliance, you cant really complain if youve never even asked for anything, begging =/= asking