Sign in to follow this  
Firestarter

Dig to cart.

After doing a lot of levelling today, I realised how helpful a 'Dig to cart' or 'Dig to Pile' option would be.

Any thoughts on this?

Edited by Firestarter
  • Like 2

I would rather dig to a pile on the ground like we do shards and ore. But +1 to digging into anything other than my pockets.

EDIT: Dredges would of course be preferably dug into your boat. Even into your pocket would be a step up from 2 dirts at a time, unload, repeat.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

I would rather dig to a pile on the ground like we do shards and ore. But +1 to digging into anything other than my pockets.

That's also a really good idea

I always wish i had the option but im afraid it would take away from the game.

I'm very sure that switching to the game interface and clicking and dragging dirt every half minute or so is an integral game mechanic that people enjoy doing

• Like 1

People may not like enjoying doing a lot of things on wurm, I don't really enjoy doing a lot of things in wurm but that's where the reward comes from.  Wurm is NOT about instant gratification.  Its what makes wurm what it is.  A change like this would take away from that.

• Like 1

People may not like enjoying doing a lot of things on wurm, I don't really enjoy doing a lot of things in wurm but that's where the reward comes from. Wurm is NOT about instant gratification. Its what makes wurm what it is.

That's a whole lot of masochism machismo right there :)... actually Wurm isn't what it is (or was), but changes all the time beneath our feet (eternal beta). Let's help it through those stages by pointing out what needs to be done - reducing drag&drop micromanagement is one of the important issues.

+1 for dirt to pile on digging

Edited by Marshlander
  • Like 1

People may not like enjoying doing a lot of things on wurm, I don't really enjoy doing a lot of things in wurm but that's where the reward comes from.  Wurm is NOT about instant gratification.  Its what makes wurm what it is.  A change like this would take away from that.

Ore and shards don't go into your pocket nor do logs. Dirt, sand and peat are the only heavy item I can think of off hand that does although I can't think of a time I dug more peat than I could carry off.

Consistency takes away nothing. It adds to the game.

But this is not minecraft :P

In minecraft, it goes to your inventory, and you can carrry  lot of it, they also dont have carts in minecraft the last i checked

Ore and shards don't go into your pocket nor do logs.

Exactly, should be consistent

Digging can still function in the regular manner; however, when you right click on a cart, wagon, or ship thats close enough it can give you the menu option (and keybind) to dig to <vehicle>.

EDIT: Also dredging should be made more akin to digging.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

You know, this is a very good idea. Why didn't I think of it! :)

+1

• Like 1

EDIT: Dredges would of course be preferably dug into your boat. Even into your pocket would be a step up from 2 dirts at a time, unload, repeat.

• Like 1

If you did this it would only make sense to have the rest as well - "drop from cart", and "level from cart".

changes too much, automates one more step, one step closer to not being at your pc while playing wurm...

• Like 2